Sign in to follow this  
Ms DD

Fellas, Do you discuss politics with females?

Paragon   

^^Lily, has Lebanon marched an army on Israeli soil? No. The missles thrown into Israel are internationally recognized as the acts of terrorists and not of other nation-states - except American foreign policy makers.

The reality is, the Israeli army marched into Lebanon in scale and did what they wished to do. The last time any Arab army has tried to do such a thing was the 6 lol or was it the 7 day war?

Ibtisam   

Paragon:

Lol :D I applauded your effort, I seriously do, but do you honestly believe that warfare is only fought on the battle field? You must be kidding me right?

In any case, there are multiple factors and difference that are involved which I don’t have the energy to go into, just to mention a few, the Lebanese side is use to taking heavy human losses, while the Israel can not sustain any kind of loss, the balance of power usual allows them to avoid any loss, but even the threat of the possibility is enough to politically paralyze them or make them act irrational.

Israel had aims and objectives to achieve and the missed it by miles, in the end, not only did they look like the aggressors, the perception of their military power was also trashed. In this system of international relations messing up your deterrence is probably the worse thing that can happen to you. As for creating diversion from the casualties ( other being impossible) and I assume you only know the casualties via some sort of media channel?

Loosing is in the mind, if you think you are losing no point of you fighting, you already lost. And I agree it is a realist world to a certain extent, but some old and outdated info can get you lost in the dust, so don’t get left behind my dear smile.gif

p.s. it was the 6day war (now compare that to the last one and tell me there is a difference in lossing and lossing!

-Lily-   

Don't worry Paragon, it still feeds into your black and white theory then, that its all about power and Isreal was just being true to its realist ambition.

Ibitisam, while I agree with you, human loss is equally bad.

Ibtisam   

Equally bad to those who it concerns I guess, but some are "deemed" as more dispensable than others, which is sad, but..

On a side note Lily, your signature; why should God help them when they won’t help themselves? I always wonder about that, sometimes i choke on my duca's, do we have a right to ask for help when we have not tried ourself, and what qualifies as trying (sorry i just go around in circles sometimes) redface.gif:( don't mind me.

Paragon   

^^Lol. Ibtisam, war is fighting an opposing side by using military means. media war isn't high-politics, or is it? It is 'propaganda war' All other phrases with war in it and are simpy redundant are meant to mislead someone somehere.

About the detterence, you are right. As realists say, don't make an ultimatum if you can't deliver your threats effectively. So, like you, there might be many others who deem detterence and threat as very important in maintaing security and balance of power. But have you asked yourself 'is it possible that this seemingly uncompromisable importance attached to detterence can be used to achieve an advantage other than the obvious one?' smile.gif 'Look weak when you are strong, strong when you are weak', wasn't that some sort of Chinese saying?

If I were a superpower and have killed hundreds of people, how can I steal the attention of others? Since I know even I admit that my military is thrashed cannot harm me, if this can divert attention, why should I admit it? Simple mind games in IR policy makers. Now, the media -sometimes even Al-Jazeera is thinking it is uncovering how things are happening- could be doing someone's job quite nicely.

I, as a state, can use the media's eyes or attention to paint a grim pictur of myself, while my real concerns lie somewhere else. As far as the media and the public are concerned, they are percieving things according to the prevailing 'common-sense' and 'common-perception'. Yet I might have several common-senses and perceptions under my sleaves, only to proliferate the most suitable one at one given time.

PS: I forgot to thank you for the applause. Feels good to be applauded smile.gif .

-Lily-   

Ibtisam, I think sometimes the path is blurred or in Somalia's case totally obstructed, and if you can't help yourself then may GOd help you to find the strength and will to help yourself. Either way, you'll always need God's help smile.gif .

Ibtisam   

Paragon:

Look weak when you are strong, strong when you are weak', wasn't that some sort of Chinese saying?

I think it might have been San Suz little catch phrases in the art of war. But I don’t think that was the case, they were not trying to look weak, they did not even appear as weak, they just lost that whole “we are endangered, surrounded by hostile Arab states, who want wipe us off the map” and the general sympathies vote. Nor did the media help them paint a grim picture of Israel, so that whole little lovely argument of yours does not tailor to this particular case, although I can think of other examples this was employed. I don’t doubt they have many things up their sleeves after all we did agree that winning is not only in the battle field!

Anyway maanta waad iidaalsi! I think that’s the most I wrote since leaving uni!

And you are wlc (applause) :D

Lily i guess so smile.gif

Ibtisam   

Nope^ that was not politics, that was just a friendly chat and discussion about few events. You poor thing! you weren't trying to see if it was possible to talk politics with a women were you? :Dsmile.gif

Paragon   

^^LOl@poor thing! No, I was amused by your 'haven't written so much since leaving uni' comment. I was hoping you wont percieve our pleasant exchanges as politics :D . If that was the case, dismay would have set in. High politics is of high discussion!

Ibtisam   

lool, don't stress yourself on my behalf, i've met some heavy weights (not saying that your are not but....you know what i mean) :D

Somali politics is clan politics. You know what they say. Dumaar qabiil ma leh. Or something to that persuasion. If they can get rid of qabiil politics then they can lead this country. Simple as that. Maybe we need an Caraweelo type leader? :D

Ms DD   

Salaam Aleykum Walaalayaal

Nice discussion between Parangon and Ibti. It just goes to show what I believed all along. Women express themselves differently, and women shy away from the frat boy fighting of the male political discussion. Men appear to be gungo-ho in their attitude in life. What is it? Testosterone in overdrive? Having something to prove? Releasing natural male agression? Men clash over women, ideas, politics, business, war, and if that does not suffice, they will make up stuff to wrangle over. This innate combat nature and the confortational role is what separates the men from the ladies. Politics is a form of war which would attract males more than females.

In her book, "Are Men Necessary?" Maureen Dowd mentions that in a 100,000 years women will be running the world.

Imagine if Hillary Clinton and Condi Rice were to run for presidency.

It is said that women have a different kind of leadership than men. Besides in my opinion women have less free time than men.

Chimera   

Originally posted by Cambarro:

Salaam Aleykum Walaalayaal

In her book, "Are Men Necessary?" Maureen Dowd mentions that in a 100,000 years women will be running the world.

she's right Climate change -> people melt,freeze,drown -> the remains of Humans mysteriously Morph into insects and TADA women rule the world

and we out the game...