Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

thought for the day!

^You calling me ****** ? Are you, girls? Cos this is the beginning of WAR!

Get your guns ready.............!

P.s: so which part did i get wrong?

Originally posted by Abdillah:

quote:

Do not think that the knowledge you presently possess is changeless, absolute truth

Does this include Islam and belief in Allah. 'Cos me is thinking this is the absolute truth and there has been nobody, not a single human who has been able thus far to falsify it.
I think she (Ibtisaam?) meant knowledge of earthly dimension. And cut out the puritanical facade you express; this goes for others as well. Its neither effective nor genuine. Not to mention portraying an air of insecurity.

FYI, there are no absolute earthly truths. Truth, in that regard, is always relative.

Further, unfalsifiable theory = truth.

No such thing as unfalsifiable theory. I think you're mixing it up with Karl Popper's Falsifiability concept, note its not a theory. Judging from how you used it, despite erroneously, I doubt you understand what it means. What is unfalsifiable is not equal to truth.

ScarFace   

Originally posted by ibtisam:

^^you are nothing special. take the train like the rest of us
icon_razz.gif:D

hOOYO macaan always told me I was a special boy very rare indeed. So get your Chauffeur hat on and give me a lift to covent garden. Ibyy no chit-chat please roll up the window mmh :D

Feeling kinda Rich today :cool: :cool:

ScarFace   

^^^^what shop did you teeef

"We r wht we pretend to be, so we must be careful about wat we pretend to be."

I had enough of being rich now cant be bothered to put the posh accent on. :(:(

I think she (Ibtisaam?) meant knowledge of earthly dimension.

That is what you think , but not the words on the screens, is it now? Wouldn't it have been helpful if she made it so clear so that there would be no ambiguities? Absolute truth means different things to different people. Your truth is not my truth etc. About the puritanical, genuine and insecurity bullshit, I'll just leave it out. You dont know me to judge me.

Now the falsificationism concept of Popper, let me just say that I have written a whole essay based on it, so I will not bother talking to you about its understanding.

I dont wanna come across defensive, so I am gonna leave it there.

Ibtisam   

^^^^read it again!!!!!!!!! Without any preconceived ideas and assumptions. Try to forget your cultural/ religious background fro a moment and READ it.

Also just because you wrote an essay on it, it does not mean you understood it. More like you copied and reworded chunks from here and there, and effectively structure it into an argument.

if i understood every essay i wrote, i would be the most intelligent girl in the whole wide world. :rolleyes: