Sign in to follow this  
Intel

so tell me about yourself

Intel   

how i really loathe that question, for some reason it always make me nervous and gets me tongue-tied.

i feel pain your pain homie!! loool... if u run into 1 of these xalimoos who conducts phone interviews, just hang up...!

they aint worth it....shes what i call operator.

Aaliyyah   

I use to conduct phone interviews back in HS, some people r so nice walahi u would be surprised. specially those white folks they would stay on the phone with u for 45 min if they have to,not only would they answer yr question they would comment on every lil thing, I would be like argg can u just answer n move on. They must be so loney I figured (most of these people were like in senior houses, I bet they dnt get much company).

Anyhow, I do understand what u mean some girls happen to ask questions directly like tell me abt yrself, instead of just going with the flow.

what is so hard abt that question? unless u dnt know yrself..in dat case see a shrink icon_razz.gif

wa salaamu alaikum

What a brilliant question! A question that is positively asking for lies.

Miriam1   

Little confused is it for a job interview or casual conversation?

Anyway the person really doesnt want to know the truth, they really dont care to know YOU! but how your useful to THEM

So say something they would want to hear, depending on the situation.

Example

Job-At this time I am an honour student at University ABC, in my free time I volunteer with ABC charity and spend time with younger siblings/freinds/wife/ill mother. I personally see myself as a hardworking, honest individual who is willing to learn.

Freind/Girlfriend/Boyfriend/Nosy Family member- Walahi to be truthful, I love what I am learning and glad to be able practise while I am in school. I get the most peace when I am praying (better be the truth or dont say it lol) family is important to me and would love to have my own, and ofcourse I want to go and live in somalia or some other muslim country, so i can truly practise my deen and bring up a virtuous family.

tis all about bsing.

Aaliyyah   

Hayam sis I just felt like sharing how I use to conduct interviews and whenever I asked them something abt themselves, these seniors would go on an on , it is amazing how much they know abt themselves. Basically nothing is hard abt answering that simple question of telling abt yrself.

Anyhow, lol sorry to confuse u hun he was prolly talking abt phone shukaansi as Jacaylbaro pointed out. So, u r the kinda person who just says something just cuz u think the brother wants to hear that, why dnt u just say whatever u feel like, if he doesnt like it he can hit the road walaal.

I honestly say whatever that comes to mind, no need for second thoughts to impress anyone. But, I do agree, u should bull shit through an interview, there is no need to lie, bt u gota say what they want to hear depending on the situation.

wa salaamu alaikum

Hayam seems what most people would call a player. That is, of course, just a show. She's an abramovich.

Ariadne   

I don't know what it is about that question whether it be a job or dating situatuion... but it allways makes me want to lie.

And lie terriblly obvious lies at that too.... like "so what do you do?"

"Oh I'm an astronaut. But when I have spare time

I look for wild jungle flowers that may or may not cure cancer."

roobleh   

"Practice makes you perfect!" But it is not good enough if you do not prepare yourself mentally also. In addition, tell me about yourself does not mean tell me about your life history. It means what makes and prepared you to be the best candidate for this job.