Sign in to follow this  
Indhoos

Can You Live Without......?

Blessed   

I use ALL the features on my phone and it spares me a lot of hassle. I use the alarm to wake me up and tell me prayer times.. the calendar for reminders because I've the memory of a gold fish, the clock because I don't like wearing watches. Plus, if I am away from the kids - I like to be able to be in contact with them constantly and I love taking random photos of them of them at play or doing some cute and childish. It's a beauty!

I tend to lose my phone a lot and it gets to me every time as it really messes things up for me but can I live without it.. Definitely, if I need to. There are very few things that I can't live without!

Not so bothered about the laptop. I use it a lot but if don't have access to it, I just get someone to check my emails ones in a while - unless I'm doing a course or something. Then it's a must have.

Baluug   

A cellphone I can live without, although all I have is a cellphone because I have no need for a home phone. It's the internet I can't live without. I look back on my childhood and think to myself "How the hell did I live before I found the internet? Oh that's right, I hung around with friends and did productive things" :D I honestly don't know what I would do with myself if I didn't have internet.

Indhoos   

Geel Jire, so it is convenience for you right instead of inconveniencing you?

Allamagan, True our everyday life is much easier, but what is the cost? Money wise as well as non-monetary factors. I can no longer memorize phone numbers, and prior to cell phones era I knew my friends and their friends phone numbers.

JB, so we are forced to be slaves to technology for it is constantly evolving.

Siren, you said that you live without them, yet you find everyday activities to be bit jumbled and unpredictable without the magic toys.

Rudy, Good for you.

GG, It is 95, I need to have my lifting belt on when carry it and bend from the knees to haul it out of the bag, but it works just fine. Why I like it better than the newer ones.

Juxa, you have two now? Why nine monthskii maa ka aaroosaa? Lol :D:D

Blessed also said it is a convenience, right? But you can live without it, Despite memory woes, do you think it contributes to your forgetfulness?

:(

So, we all think that they made life a lot more easier and heck yeah, we can live without them, but I bet if it came down to it, we won’t be able to, b/c we are forced to use them even if we choose not to. The whole world is revolving around and I am afraid that young children will no longer learn to write legibly using a pen and paper, because it is way easier to type on a computer. redface.gif Just a thought…

I've been accessing even SOL from my Blackberry lately. My phone is my clock, alarm and diary. And ocassional photo-taker.

Those that know- switch to Blackberry Storm or iPhone? Hmm.