Sign in to follow this  
Maaddeey

Najma: The abduction case

Maaddeey   

Najma is among the hundreds of children kidnapped from the streets of Somalia every month. The family of the child also confirmed that similar stories have been circulating widely in the North Eastern port city of Bosaaso. It is only a wonder how they managed to cross thousands of kilometres through Puntland without being noticed by the authorities; not to mention the infamous Puntland Intelligence Service (or rather Puntland Intelligence Agency)

Nonetheless, Al-Shabaab, who govern by a strict Sharia code, have vowed to sentence them according to the Shariah Law. And if thieves are getting their hands chopped off, one can only wonder what sentence awaits these child abductors?

mahaan ka akhriso

I am absolutely livid at the so called puntland administration – what the hell are they doing - not stopping these utterly abhorrent crimes being committed at their watch. Why the checkpoints are are there for – are they complicit or completely incompetent??? :mad:

I have written a letter to all my contacts in puntland expressing my displeasure at these goings-on and have suggested the following major overhauls to be immediately implemented:

First of – all points of exit out of puntland should be alerted to these past events that come to light.

No child under the age of 18 should be allowed to leave puntland whilst sleeping or docile – they should be able to recount there family and who they are - separately from the accompanying adult. All vehicles should be vigorously and thoroughly searched – no exceptions.

A hot line (2 way radios ‘halow-halow’ – if no telephones exist in certain villages) should be established with immediate effect that families can report missing children within maximum of 12 hours - this number should be widely publicised by the media free of charge. Description of missing child should be forwarded by telephone to all exists.

Data published of all missing children – media should publicise these figures and warn the public of the danger.

All these can be done with little effort and minimum of cost (if not free of charge).

The status quo cannot and should not remain same.