Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Guur customs

-Lily-   

Patience ppl, patience, all will be revealed in the act itself. Now get back to work you UK slackers.

Legend of Zu,

The game is called Feats of the Towels. In this game you don't need measuring length, width or whatever. This ingenious method invented by Guatemalan women has been around for generations. To test the potency of her prospective man a Guatemalan woman would drench large towel in water and then hang it on his inflatable balloon. If he can hold it in salutation position, he got the right stuff. If not then he gets: you can watch but not touch treatment. (<--Don't ask me how i know this.)

The idea behind the Xeer is fundamentally sound. If I read it correctly I think the goal behind the Xeer is to test if the girl has been broken into. It's a noble idea.

NGONGE   

^^ Noble my backside :D

It's a pointless game that's meant for idle titillation and nothing else.

Serenity,

Women are the source of all evil, that's why.

Legend,

Ask Johnny. He's been the Scandinavian champion of the 'how far can you pee' game ten years running. :D

^And men are the fools who fall for it, everytime.

SB, we cant have people getting naked in a party, so maybe we should extend the idea and make the men hold wet towels with a 3 foot pole on both hands. The longer they can hold the towel, obviously the better show of the stamina and strength.

N.O.R.F   

Those who make mistakes are required to entertain the audience with song, dance, poetry, jokes or a riddle.

Ngonge, i think you got picked and messed up big time embarrassing all your 'boys' hence why you hate the xeero. Maybe you should have just picked a girl to dance with instead of trying to sing a Hasan Adan Samater number :D

NGONGE   

^^^ My younger brother, whose Somali is as good as his Mandarin, once got caught on those xeeros and was asked to tell the date of Somalia's independence! Being the young (sixteen-year-old) Arab boy that he was, he didn't know the answer. Still, he bravely volunteered to sing a song instead(the only Somali song he knew). :D

onkod roobku madaayo

ana taaha madaayo

ana taa ma ilaaawo

jeceyl ood rogan maayo ..aaaaa-huh-aaaaaa

N.O.R.F   

LooooL, Thats an easy one. Must have been made easier for the young lad.

Laakin he redeemed himself,,,,,

You would see me standing near the exits for a quick getaway if the lady with the stick approches,,,,

Originally posted by -Serenity-:

^And men are the fools who fall for it, everytime.

SB, we cant have people getting naked in a party, so maybe we should extend the idea and make the men hold wet towels with a 3 foot pole on both hands. The longer they can hold the towel, obviously the better show of the stamina and strength.

Once the macalin dugsi told us "the Strength of the man's Abs muscles show his stamina"..and Not the hands...

Cheers

PS:..am definately gone now

What other guur customs are there?

I have always wanted to know why the bride/women are excluded from the meher ceremony. She's put away in another room while her male relatives represent her. Why? I think I would want to be there to hear what exactly was being said. And to watch the groom squirming in his seat! :D

At least there are listening devices available these days. No more glass-to-the-wall eavesdropping. Small mercy.

Johnny B   

^ Ngonge , though i can pee far longer than the everage Farax, still i'd fail SB's wet towel, so would you, except the little chineese man.

To hold it in salutation position one has to not be Big and Long, but short& strong, and that is why our chineese freind wins. ;)

I know you're probably mumbling "Size matters !!", and some girls sure do agree with you , but in physics , a STICK's power of resistance is dependant on length and Size. :D

the longer the weaker , the feebler the lesser risistant.

The only way to beat our chineese freind is to bring the concept of friction and it's role into the game, (the shorter , the lesser friction :( ).

It's all in the Xero game. :D

N.O.R.F   

Val, its mostly odeyaal having a good old laugh followed by the serious stuff when the sheikh sees fit.

What is the infatuation with GOLD?????? I'm sure this is not part of the daqan laakin its like a big deal now. So what gives?

NGONGE   

lol@Johnny. As vulgar as ever, saaxib. :D

Val,

The groom hardly squirms. He just sits there looking all royal and aloof whilst the odyal talk about the time they played football, five hundred years ago, and the father of the bride broke the father of the groom's leg in a slide tackle or something (they usually never met before that day).

ps

Don't be so badow. Nobody uses listening devices anymore. They video the whole thing.