Sign in to follow this  
LuCkY

Gay Marriage:Whats Your Take?

Interestingly, I was watchin this programme on channal 4 2nite about children and people who are born intersex or hermophrodites. If God created these individuals to exhibit characters of both the sexes, isnt it possible that being 'gay' is a condition too? ...that some ppl are just born gay?

Personally, as a muslim, I blv being gay is against nature and what God intended. However, leaving in a secular society, I feel like I've no choice but to tolerate these people for what they are. I do not like it nor do I agree with their lifestyle, yet I dont intend on being mean-spirited or spiteful towards them. Just like Princess_Sexy said, I'd also not approve of them being segregated or subjugated to hate/prejudice on that account.

On the issue of same-sex marriages, I dont really see the point, marriage is mostly about pro-creation and the concept of family and I dont see how 'gay' couples can achieve this on their own. So I dont think it should be legalised...although I'm aware that some states already have. Reason being, that will make it seem aceeptable or 'natural' (excuse my political incorrectness) which IMHO it is not as it clearly goes against every known belief.

Raxmah   

^^they are mostly interested in the marriage issue mostly for tax purposes. At least thats what I heard of.

On the issue..it's their life..and wether it's legalized or not there isn't much people can do to stop them from being homosexauls.

Tuujiye   

ADAM N STEVE HA

WALLAAHI THAT IS KRAZY LORD HAV MERCY ON US

QOOMU LUUD HAS MADE NICE COME BACK BUT ALLAAH WILL DEAL WITH THEM ( ALA YAKHRA BAYTAK YAA SHACBAL MASAARA N YAHUUD)

Senora   

this is what the west gets for trying to separate church and state from their constitution. When a state is build that way, how can u have hypocrisy/double standard, when they are not allowed to marry, cause its morally wrong, yet the state itself claims to be founded on so-called democracy, that religion has no basis in their constitution, that all ppl deserve the same rights, regardless...therefore they are in a lose-lose situation, in a corner, on one hand saying let's abolish the word God from the constituion, the other saying homosexuality is wrong because God says so...

the whole church and state debate is obviously not flaw proof...Many of the laws created have religous origins....so that argument can't go far... but speaking on the people whose main argument for illegalizing gay marriages is that it is a sin to me really irratates me...

Its bugging me to even say this, but there are many people, who probably didn't even pick up a bible or the quran, and who are far from the word religous, that are using this counter claim....i think its more of a threat issue...these people dont want their attitudes to change on this issue, and they dont want to see their children or their relatives become one of them...and so the most powerful argument they can use is that its what God has forbidden...

x_quizit   

Princess, i hear what u are saying, but if all ppl were for same-sex marriages, then tommorrow, someone will want to marry their pet...the reason we're opposed to this type of "union" is because a marriage, by definition, in any culture/religion, is btwn a man and a woman...so if they want to live together, which they already do, go ahead, my problem is, don't call it marriage b/c its a slap in the face of religion. First, they choose to sin in a major way, which is btwn them and God, but now they want legal recognition for it, which i don't agree with....after they marry, many of them will wanna adopt kids, and would u want any of ur relatives or any kids to grow up in such a household, telling kids that its ok to marry the same sex, which might later on affect the choices of their adopted kids...

Tahliil   

Enlighten me here guys...what's the punishment for this act in Islam? am not sure but will one of these among the deserved punishment:

1. Put a tire around their neck and burn it

2. Put their whole body in the ground except the head and start stoning them to death

3. Throw them in a lions den at the National Zoo

4. Chop their genitals off, as u would have chopped off the hands that steals

5.Or execute them publicly by hanging.

HONEY-D   

4. Chop their genitals off, as u would have chopped off the hands that steals

loooooooool :D i bet thats what you would've done if you had the power to punish them.

i think its no 2 but i'm not sure though.

whats even more funnier is that her mom heard it and said "eedo muxu karba galkaan"....he replied "moji"

pearl thnks you sure made me laugh.

If ever your in doubt abut anything of this matter always refer back to what the islamic prespective is. What does the Quran and the Sunnah say.

The question ask for our opnion regarding this issue, its pretty simple if your a muslim, then you should know its one of the most dispicable and hated acts of disobediance towards Allah (SWT).

The simple is no room for your take, here with regards to this issue, just as there is no room for your take towards illegal relationships such as those outside marriage, and just as there is no room for your take (dispite the best efforts of the kafir to confuss) regarding the mandatory obligation to were Hijab.

It is here were We should rember Surah

AL-KAFIROON

N.O.R.F   

^^^^very well said bro, bravo, i'm surprised to read ppls views as almost accepting this behaviour or not being too concerned as we are in a western society and its their life,,,,,, :rolleyes: