Sign in to follow this  
pearl

Nayaaa!

I hate being called Nayaa by people who are older than I am. Mostly friends of my parents, when they come over as guests, they always call me nayaa whenever they want some tea. I usually go to them and tell as respectfully as I can (all the while resisting the overwhelming urge to trash them) not to call me that.

Sometimes my mom calls me that, and I tell her not to call me that, because she never liked when she was younger. smile.gif

There's an element of inferiority attached to that term. It's as if the person who calls doesn't care who you are, as long as you accede to their demands.

It's Ok for a sister to call me nayaa (in a friendly way) but if faarax calls me naayaa....woow..he is going to feel pain between his two legs, no doubt. ma i sagaa i naageystay?? :rolleyes:

HONEY-D   

lol@idil

pearl it's like you said its ok for gals to say to each other but when a male says it it is differnt story just like the word niger.

Tuujiye   

lool maskiin macruuf waraa kaalay adi fuundi maa ahaan jirtay, sarahaa aa xamar ku dhisi jirtay aa lagaa jibiyey hadaa in aa xarfo dhistid aa bilaawday yaah..lol..

mob deep..thats northern nayaana waa national. marka isku mid lee waaye..

Me if a guy called my sister or my mother a nayaa I will beat the $hit out of him walaahi..

My father never called my mom Nayaa and my sisters were never called nayaa. Thats why I never called a sister nayaa and i won't called my feture wife nayaa because thats a very ugly word walaahi and I don't understand why men call their wifes that!!

Ck adi xasad aa tahay walaahi..wiligaa nin laguma dhufto labada lugood dhexdoodo...xanuunkiisa hadaa ogaan laheed lee..abooooooooooooooooooooo...is ilaali raga qaarkood wee ka kala weyn yihiin meeshaas soo xanuunka wuu kala duwan yahay.looooool...

any ways nice topic..

HONEY-D   

Originally posted by Mobb_Deep:

How about Naayee?..

Its the same thing. icon_razz.gif

My father never called my mom Nayaa and my sisters were never called nayaa. Thats why I never called a sister nayaa and i won't called my feture wife nayaa because thats a very ugly word walaahi and I don't understand why men call their wifes that!!

Thats what i like to hear round of applause for our friend tuujiye. :D

Gabar hadii Nayaa loogu yeere sharaf weeye (honor), sabab too ah waxeey muujineeysaa naagnimadeeda.

Naag Naag dhasay weligiin ma-maqasheen?

posted by NIN YAABAN

Gabar hadii Nayaa loogu yeere sharaf weeye (honor), sabab too ah waxeey muujineeysaa naagnimadeeda.

Naag Naag dhasay weligiin ma-maqasheen?

isha ayaa ka tuurtay afkaaga caano lagu qabay.

markaan walaasheey nayaa ku dhaho hooyadee waxay idhihi jirtay war gabarta nayaa ha iga dhihin (naarta ka dhex nii nii kiye) intaan qoslo aan rali ahoow dhihi jirey...the good old days...i miss my fams....anyhuu asxantu