Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

Bolt smashes world record with style

Originally posted by Thierry.:

Amazing stuff he could have done it at 9.64-9.65.

did you see how he was warming up this,

The guy is in a league of his own. He was the most confident most composed of all during the heats.

I was disappointed with Powell's performance though. I though he could prove a challenge to Bolt but he couldn't even make it to the top three.

I think Bolt could have easily done it 9.65 or even below that.

Faheema.   

Why is it that Phelps can smash records and win endless medals and say he's 'Talented'. However, Bolt must be on Drugs ? :rolleyes:

^The problem of doping is more endemic in track and field-Marion Jones, Tassos Gousis,Roman Usov,Justin Gatlin, Latasha Jenkins, and the list goes on. Track and field became more like Tour De France.

P.S..Phelps is tested after every win and I'm sure they will test Bolts too!

Faheema.   

^ I see your point. It is the accusations / insinuations that blacks and drugs go hand in hand that gets me. Had Bolt been white, I doubt drugs would have been mentioned.

LooooooooooooL...I think you are being little sensitive. Nowadays everyone is suspect not to say there's an inherent culture of prejudice against blacks. Doping become so bad that all sport federations are required to test their players before sending them to international events. Some federations had to pull out players from this Beijing games. People's natural reaction become one of suspicion every time player does well whether it's Phelps or Bolts. It's unfortunate but that's sad the reality.

NGONGE   

^^ :D

The 100 is known for drug cheats whilst swimming is not. It is not about colour it is about history. Anyway, Bolt has been tested every single day since the tournment started. However, the problem with the 100 is that they only get to find abouta new drug years after the event (i.e. Carl Lewis and Linford).