Sign in to follow this  
STOIC

PBS Frontline - The Dancing Boys of Afghanistan

B   

Originally posted by Sherban Shabeel:

If I hear "the West" one more time on this forum I'm going to vomit.

Once again, to vomit is to show your displeasure at the alternative world-views that have departed from your own moral code. You are a western stooge my friend. You should not see this term *west* as a pejorative term because it represents your values.

my friend b, there is a universal moral code.

let me ask you a simple question.

Do you agree with or condone this practise?

its a simple question, you should be able to answer without too much thinking.

Abtigiis   

B is simply arguing for the sake of it. He has all the hallmark of Marx the great! :D He is an iconoclast, hell bent on oppossing whatever the mainstream SOLers agree on. But he sure knows it is disgusting to do a boy whether it is a rite for passage towards manhood, or whatever.

I, however, like his other general remarks about the differences of cultures and the need to look at issues from wider perspective. Unfortunately for him, as far as the topic at hand is concerned, there is no need for looking at the larger picture. It is downright criminal and demeaning to molest young boys. And girls too, for that matter.

I can't stomach watching the vedio. I came across this "practice"*shivers* in the Kite Runner and did a research on it, and learned many, many shocking truths about Stans(Pakistan, Afganistan, Taji...)of the world. Utterly DISGUSTING!

Ps.. Some of the Taliban condemned it in public and practiced it behind closed doors. Waniciyaadu billah!

If I ruled the world, I would gather all Pedophiles and rapists in the world, line 'em up and shoot them Nazi style. F-ing Animals.

Dhubad.   

I am confused :confused: R they rapping children in public ? mise wax kale ayaa meesha ka socda.

I am not gonna open this vidoe clip .

NGONGE   

^^ The clip is not that exciting. In fact, the young 'boy' in it looks at least ninteen. :D

It's just a young man dancing for other young men.

^Are you sure it's "just a young man dancing" and not more than that? Waadh(khaldaan camal) the whole culture of Bazi is to lure these young boys and use them as sexual toys. Maxaad isla inta tiraysaa? Did you not see what that former Northern Alliance commander said?

B   

Originally posted by Archdemos:

my friend b, there is a universal moral code.

let me ask you a simple question.

its a simple question, you should be able to answer without too much thinking.

My friend, I respectfully disagree that there is a universal moral code. This is because all human beings are different and as such have different moral codes derived from their different experiences in terms of their social, cultural and political trajectories. There is natural law that all humans can perhaps all subscribes - like unlawfully murder, but almost everything else is up for debate. If there is a universalised moral code, who dictate its true definition and similarly are they superior morals to others. I think you would find that each community have their own way or defining as what would constitute morality. For many peoples human rights are merely a basic right that all should be entitled to, but for others it’s just an obligation that they must fulfil in its entirety.

Of course, I am not Afghani and would therefore need further clarifications on these issues before arriving at an objective conclusion. But I will not trust the propagandist tool of the American chattering classes to tell me about the social taboos of a far away land they have a vested interest in. This is an issue that should be understood in terms of Afghani cultural standards and their idea of what constitutes human nature and morality. We are not in a position to make assumptions.

No, it is not an exaggeration(the practice I mean. I didnt watch the vedio)!! The whole point of the dance is to put on a show for these men and later they take the young boys home. DISGUSTING!

It's similar to what show bussiness people do, you know where men throw parties where they invite barely 18teen year old girls for "entertainment" and after the night is over....

Fadaro fadaro dhashay! carabta, iiraanta, hindida, spanish talyaaniyow waxaan timojilicda timaha madoow khaniisnimadu dhaqankooda qayb ayeey ka tahay wa lagu yaqaanaa. Waxaan annagu dhaqan uma lhihi balse kuwa viruskan lagu soo duray waan aragnay halkana way nala joogan hadda

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Gheelle.T:

^Are you sure it's "just a young man dancing" and not more than that? Waadh(khaldaan camal) the whole culture of Bazi is to lure these young boys and use them as sexual toys. Maxaad isla inta tiraysaa? Did you not see what that former Northern Alliance commander said?

Dhubad was picturing a five-year-old being buggered to within an inch of his life. I am telling him that the clip is not that explicit. It's actually dull.

Anyway, is this new to you? I'm beyond getting shocked by anything I hear or see, saaxib. I've seen worse. :D