Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Beware of calories and stress

016585094133002gt.jpg.016585094137001ap.jpg

"These before and after (before is on the left) show a woman who went on a 30 day drinking binge for a British TV show. Over 30 days, going out five nights a week, she consumed a staggering 516 units of alcohol, or 17.2 units a day. Guidelines say women should drink no more than two or three units a day, and a maximum of 14 a week.

As the pictures show, the alcohol tooks its toll. She put on 3kg and her skin took on the complexion of a 50 year old.

"I lost my jaw line and I developed chipmunk cheeks," she said.

"I was drinking the equivalent of about 2000 calories a night and developed a big tyre of fat around my stomach. I also became really depressed." "

N.O.R.F   

There was a recent report out on the difference between the North & South UK. The fat people in the north had the same diet as this lady! More alcohol, more quick microwave meals, less exercise etc.

But why do all that for a TV show? get paid while getting drunk?

ElPunto   

^Libaax - I just don't believe it. It looks like those wieght loss commercials where they put side by side 2 different ppl - and expect you to believe it.

J.Lee   

It's not really hard to believe; maltose (the sugar used to ferment alcohol) tends to stick to fat cells. Keep in mind also that alcohol doesn't dissolve in the fat tissues.

So the more alcohol you drink, the more this sugar component accumulates in your lipid cells: the more weight you gain. (combine that with stress and depression...)

Paragon   

^^ How about we put you to the test, for the purpose of proof? :D

On a serious note though, I too cannot believe such change can occur in just 30 days? The 'before' picture shows a woman around her early late 20s and the 'after' picture shows a woman of around 48 to 51 year old. There is a discrepancy in this story - something is missing from the jigsaw.

ElPunto   

^Sacriliege warya - to even suggest such a thing during Ramadan. The ICU would disapprove mightily - and they may reconsider their appointment of you as their Chief spokesman on SOL. And you can bet that I will forward your post to them.

Shakti   

Libaax-Sankataabte, sir u made a typing error, instead of 30 years u wrote 30 days

i know its Ramdan and ppl have the tendency of eating anything but c'mon there should some sort of limit. noh?