Sign in to follow this  
Paragon

BREAKING NEWS: 7 SOMALI COUNCILLORS WIN SEATS

Libaxx its also usually a stepping stone into national politics itself. most of todays members of parliament held roles as councillors prior to them winning a constituency.

so its a deveolopment in the right direction.

anyone care to share their names and councils?

^ In fact very few go on to run for MPs. MPs are usually handpicked members of whichever party and usually are not even from the area they are represting.

Ibtisam   

^The few I can remember are:

Mohamed Ali- Liverpool

Kultuun something- Bethnal Green & Bow

Awal Olad- Labour Holborn and Covent Garden

Abdiwali Mohamud- Liberal Democrats- Kentish town

Asha Affi- Tower Hamlets- Respect (I think she lost though?)

Libax, they get paid £10,000 (in money and allowance) a month for going to one community meeting a week, hardly volunterring. :D

^ I disagree, they get a fee and the mx is £15k a year, no near 10K a month, even MPs don;t get that much after claiming all their expenses.

Ibti, a neighbourhood watch dog is getting paid 10k a month for expenses?LOL how far do they have to travel exactly?

PS: my hooyo heard the news from friends(presumably s-landers ) lastnight boosting about how several of their kindfolks won seats in last week's election....but then that was before sanka busted them for being neighbourhood watch dogs, hahahaha...and now ibti says they get paid upto 10K a month. Secessionist propoganda iska dheh

Polanyi   

Any councillors North Central hawd? :D Just kidding. It's funny how Somalis tribalise everything( not referring to you guys).