Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Will Somali society become more religious or secular in the future?

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

The question is will Duke be more secular or religious
:D

NGONGE...Who's gonna defeat Al-Shabaab
icon_razz.gif

I have no idea. I only know they will be defeated ninyaho. I watched this film before nooh. :D

Che, adeer I am trying to help you get over the abuse you endured back when you lived in Kabul. :rolleyes:

Couple of good points made, North is correct in that in today’s society we have more outlets to get information on Islam, however as one brother mentioned with the Somali’s it does seem to be a fad, and like Kal stated that with the defeat of the Al Shabaab and likes people’s views will moderate. Now this is an interesting assertion.

Malika   

Duke,I didnt see anything he said that deserved your childish response. I am not just talking about this thread,its been observed for few years your insultive responses to Che.

I just wonder why you get away with insulting another Soler over and over.

Anyways.

Val,I know dear,the tastelessness of it got to me.

^^^Malika with all due respect sister, you dont have a point here. I would have taken you seriously if you was honest, but alas you are not.

Che knows how to dish it out, and with respect to him he can take it as well.. :D

Malika, sweetie, are you walking with your blindfolds on again?

CHE IS A BIG BOY, he likes to swim with the sharks, so let him be. LET THE BOYS BE@MALIKA

ps:north, ilaa iyo hada waxa aa dhahde ma fahmin and no, you didn't answer anything of value. I want to know how you can tell the religious and non-religious apart, very simple question, really, I promise, its not a trick question at all.

Khayr   

If affluence flows, then the Somali diaspora communits will become and have become more liberal mind setted and less practicing of the deen. Thinking like the gaalo is no longer something to detest and hate. It is something to tolerate and praise as forward thinking and "intellectual" and being "open minded".

The hadith about Poverty being the cloak of the rasul (salallahu caliyhe wasilm) comes to mind, when I see the Somali diaspora communities. It is the poverty, that has kept them still aligned with the deen (for the most part). The inaccessibility of the dunya, of better lifestyles, the single mother phenomena's, the joblessness etc., has made the various somali communities more religious. Strange but true.

RedSea   

I suppose my observations has been if you go to the mosque it tends to be filled and each and every day you will see a new face however on the other hand you will hear many unfortunate happenings as well. The West is a melting pot and if your faith and believes are weak to begin with then you will get scooped right into it however if you're flexible enough and can balance your faith, culture as well into life here in the West than God bless. The young are the most vulnerable in this country they are the ones who mostly go stray.