Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Will Somali society become more religious or secular in the future?

The Zack   

^well liberal means being open to a lot of things. You gotta be untraditional, unreligious and many other crazy things.

Originally posted by NGONGE:

[QB] This is the tail end of the Surwaal gaab trend. I expect it to die out within five years and for the short skirt, swooshy hair and pierced bellybuttons to dominate the mainstream for another twenty years before a repackaged Salafi movement returns to wrest the initiative once again. Cyclical stuff, innit!

Haha! :D

Personally I think the Somali youth at my current tuulo are normally distributed with a standard deviation of about two. Don't ask me how I obtained this figure. :confused:

Samafal   

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

As i said ... I'm very liberal .....

Nin dhahaya Liberal baan ahay xaaladiisu ma fiicna :D

Xudeedi   

Great Thread Duke:

Although it's commonly assumed, that increasing wealth and attachments obtained as a result (science, education, technology) is gradually eroding religion, there are some glaring anomalies. The most remarkable is the USA, which is one of the wealthiest large nations and also one of the most religious comparative to developed nations.

I disagree with the notion that Somali’s in the diaspora are moving towards one or the other extreme (religious or secular). I think many are finding that middle ground and are finding ways to attend to their unique circumstance. The Somali identity is very unique and the Islamic is its center point.

“Diinteeni iyo Dhaqankeeni” are words that always follow each other.

Waar ilaahay kabaqa.

Somalia is a Muslim state, the people of Somalia are 100% Muslim, there should not be tolerated any other form of religion and that Islam should unwaveringly be the superior of all religions and must be the fundemental core and basic structure of any policy making or government. That does not necessarily mean that all people should be forced to submit to a form of Alshabaab government.

All Somalis, young or old, those stayed in the diaspora for short or long, those in Somalia or outside, all or at least majority of them are culturally strong community, politically coservative, and religiously Islamic and practising compared to the rest of Muslim world, thus Somalia is and will always remain more of a religious people and state.

This BS of liberal or secular is trash, the closest we got to that was when the Somali communist party took power in Somalia and forcefully instilled its idea to the people triggering ferousous reactions from the people and Somali Ulema and leading the mass murder of those Ulema by the then dictotorial regime.

Those days have long gone and will never come back, never. The story of liberal/secular is erased for eternal. Somalis or Somalia + Islam is a compound that can be undone.