Sign in to follow this  
ailamos

Belgian vote on Muslim veils could echo throughout Europe

Ibtisam   

Originally posted by LayZie G.:

Ibti,

You talk about few hundreds or even few thousands, for me, it only takes 1 veiled woman to lobby a legislation on banning the veil to be carried out and implemented into law, waayo, primitive and backward cultures have no place in western societies, along with their refugees who flog to the borders of european towns.

SalamAlikum Lazy,

Trust you to come back on yet another niqab thread. You know I already said everything to say on this in our other thread. Your comment above sound backwards and ignorant. Maybe you are forgetting that YOU are a refugee?

I'm sorry to say that english Canada where I reside isn't doing enough to uncover the veiled face but I did applaud french Canada with the news in March of the introduction of bill 94 being read in quebec national assembly as early as this june.(and making rounds in the committees as we speak)

Bill 94 makes it illegal for veiled women to seek social and welfare service, government loans, applying for a job in the public sector, taking a driving test with a veiled face, seeking assistance in the healthcare industry. When bill 94 passes, Veiled women would no longer be able to seek a doctor without showing their face, nor would they demand a female doctor when going for physician visits on the tax payer dime.

Asking for a female doctor has nothing to do with veiled face, and the health sector will not regulate the dress code of people who seek medical attention.

As for the quebecers, an overwhelming majority of the citizens support this bill and its passage to law for the simple reason that someone has to take a stand on drawing the line on the sand when it comes to reasonable accommodation.

The movement has started and its just a matter of time before it spreads to Arab nations, who too will join and take a stand against the garment.

Lool I think I just saw a pig flying. Haye dear sis, we and the Arab nations will join too and make a stand against a piece clothing, maybe we will bury the wears of such thing alive and claim it is for their own good. smile.gif

^Ibti, I was never a refugee. when I came to canada, I was a landed immigrant, but thats beside the point.

When bill 94 becomes law, you will see alot more than just refusing service in the health sector in quebec to veiled woman. You will see and hear university students being denied to enter the university grounds with a veiled face.

Haatu   

Originally posted by ailamos:

quote:Originally posted by Haatu:

LG isn't it about choice and freedom to do what one wishes. Aren't those the basis of western societies? If they were to start limiting people freedoms and start becoming intolerant, wouldn't they then be backwards?

The West wouldn't be any different than the oppressive countries they like to demonize.
They should stop the hypocrisy and come clean then. It is aggrivating to have to listen to countless western leaders lecturing Africans about democracy and liberalism when they don't practice it themselves.

Ibtisam   

Lol @ Che. She has an alert on SOL :D

Lazy, that train is never late, niqabs, burkhas, hijabs, dresses, athan, praying, in a few years Muslims will be only left holding a little box under the bed with a copy of the Quran.

It is sad seeing an immigrant having the same views as the far right.

Cara.   

Originally posted by LayZie G.:

^Ailamos, it is, especially when you put pressure on a community clinic, whose staff might have to accommodate its residents who are heavily muslims in some areas than others, and who request to seek a female physician or lose the patient to another off-town clinic, thereby losing funding from the government or accommodating the patient by hiring more female physicians, nurses than males.

:D Welcome back Layzie.

Jacpher   

Ibti: I realize Muslims are too busy with themselves but if a Muslim business woman on a business visit asked to remove her niqab, she can do the same when she returns her country and ask her French partners to remove their products from her shelves. I heard awhile back mid caraba big shot insurance company oo New York lagu dhibay on business trip decided his staff would no longer travel to ny, they could have to come to Riyadh.

Lazy comes out of the woods for the convenience. Ask your boss to fly you there if you can expedite the legislature.

Lazy: on this side of the Atlantic, It is called winter gear. That won't fly around here in blue state.

Acrylic-Face-Mask-W--Fleece-Lining_20090

Maaddeey   

Originally posted by ailamos:

quote:Originally posted by Maaddeey:

Isticdaad, then Jihaad

There jihaad then there's jihaad... care to explain yaa Maaddeey?
smile.gif
I mean THE Jihaad, the one Isticdaa 'preparing' is needed;

By 1423 Murad II had repossessed western Anatolia. Turning his attention to Europe, he annexed Serbia in 1439 and besieged Hungarian-held Belgrade in 1440. Murad then grew weary of constant campaigning. After arranging peace with Hungary and Serbia in 1444 and with his most powerful enemy, the east central Anatolian emir of Karaman, he abdicated in favor of his 12-year-old son Muhammad II (reigned 1444-1446, 1451-1481). Reading this as a sign of Ottoman weakness, Europe unleashed a new crusade to oust the Ottomans. Murad came out of his retirement and roundly defeated the European army at Varna, Bulgaria, in late 1444. Murad retired again in favor of Muhammad, but returned in 1446 to put down a rebellion in Edirne. It was not until Murad’s death in 1451 that Muhammad II, later called
Muhammad the Conqueror
, returned to the throne.

Each early Ottoman sultan launched his sultanate with a great ghazi victory. For Muhammad, it was the conquest of Constantinople in 1453. After bombarding the city walls with cannon fire for months, Muhammad and his troops succeeded in taking the city in less than a day and destroying the last of the Byzantine Empire. Muhammad made Constantinople the new Ottoman capital and created the imperial palace complex of Topkapı.
He continued to expand the Ottoman Empire into Europe, securing most of the Balkan Peninsula, including Greece, Albania, Serbia, and Bosnia. Muhammad died in 1481 just as the Ottoman armies were preparing a full-scale invasion of Italy, which was then aborted.

That is the ONE.

Polanyi   

Originally posted by Haatu:

KP: Ruqyah mate, ruqyah
:D

ASWRB. Peace and victory to all the halganized Somalis, the people of Ahmad Ibn Ibrahim Al Ghazzali. Akhi, this isn't a laughing matter. :D

Haatu   

Originally posted by Karl_Polanyi:

quote:Originally posted by Haatu:

KP: Ruqyah mate, ruqyah

ASWRB. Peace and victory to all the halganized Somalis, the people of Ahmad Ibn Ibrahim Al Ghazzali. Akhi, this isn't a laughing matter.
I never said it was my cushtic brother :D