Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Reer LONDON, thanks for the welcome

I just want to say that I did appreciate your big welcome for me.

To all the nomads who showed up, I loved how you took the time to show up and eat with the moderators of Somalia Online smile.gif (hey, only two were missing.)

Blue Oceans Restaurant was cool specially that funny waiter.

Let me share with the nomads what I remember from the meeting? I am sure they won't mind it. :D

I remember

1. Barwaaqo's garbasaar or should I say Masar. ;)

2. How I hijacked my good friend Sophist off the street on my way to the restaurant. As always we had a good converstation about life, work, school and Somalia Online.

3. Juxa, the lawyer and here conversation about an issue that needed Somalia Online moderators' attention.

4. Suban and her complaints about the "thief" who stole her username.

5. Jamaal-11 telling me a story about an old Somali guy who married 4 wifes and how he played with them when they gave him an ultimatum to choose who he loves the most. Very tricky man I say. ;)

6. Shaqsii telling me how he wants to become a billionare in Mozambique.

7. Wildcat7 looking all surprised when I told her she is WILDCAT7.

8. Muraad telling us a story about a Somali man who decieved all the ladies in his home town with "door keys".

9. Mujaahid being teased by Sophist about his sunnah beard.

10. Shujui making fun of my "American" accent. Or should I say "Canadian".

Big thanks to

Barwaaqo and her sister

Jamaal-11

Sophist

Muraad

Shaqsii

Shujui

Mujaahid

WildCat7

Juxa

Suban

Miskin

Rookie_Of_the_Year

and thanks to YACQUUB who didn't make but took the time to call me.

Salam Cayalakum

I see that you have arrived back to your side of the pond safe and well smile.gif .

I just wanted to say for my part that it was once again a pleasure saxiib to be in such illustrious, welcoming and enjoyable company.

Inshallah will have a chance again in the future to do likewise.

I would also like to say thx to the funny waiter smile.gif whom's night work i made harder by spilling that glass of pineapple all over myself and the floor and R_O_Y not to mention the Baaris :rolleyes:

Coloow   

Ina Libaax sanka-kataabtay, saaxib, where is blue ocean restaurant located? didn't you visit the somali restaurants in southall, Wemberly, the eastend? saaxib you mentioned people making "fun" of your accent. wasn't the somali language the medium of communication of the esteemed gathering?.

I hoped you survived the bodily harm that could be caused by the usage of two tubs in london homes! or the constant offer of laba mijimood?

I was in toronto myself this summer and I must report I hardly met any nomad from SOL. Meeshu sidaan mooday ma noqonin. Too many somali restaurants that would improve with an injection of managing customer relationships. (you are invited to eat lunch at 1300 but end up eating dinner at 2000)

Too many dameerada Dixon (vans) and somali microbusinesses were among the memories that I took with me. My visit to hall fame studios which I was hoping would be a miniature of Madame T but turned out to be hall of shame was another.

I was in toronto myself this summer and I must report I hardly met any nomad from SOL. Meeshu sidaan mooday ma noqonin. Too many somali restaurants that would improve with an injection of managing customer relationships.
(you are invited to eat lunch at 1300 but end up eating dinner at 2000)

lool i no what you mean but hey those concerned @ our gathering had a valid excuse i guess. London transpot system is not very reliable @ all

Thierry.   

Libaax your welcome my friend, I still remember that you said you will do the same for me when i pop up in minisota

Shujui you sure made a mess of your self that night , you were like the unlucky guy from 'police academy'

Xafsa   

I didn't know there were so many london folk!!

Libaax--- You used your moderator status to your advantage huh? Maskiinto anoo kala ah hadeey imaato ma lasoo dhaweeynaa reer london?

LST,

Walaalkiis, ur welcome. Twas my pleasure.

LoL @ "barwaaqo's garbasaar"! Yeah, bright-coloured head garments are my thing. ;)

Shujui,

Yes, I'm blaming the National Rail...and WILDCAT. If it wasn't for them I would have been on time. :D

"I would also like to say thx to the funny waiter whom's night work i made harder by spilling that glass of pineapple all over myself and the floor and R_O_Y not to mention the Baaris"

:D:D:D

Rookie...

Thanx a lot for u know what. Appreciated it. smile.gif

STHLM Lady + flying still...

Of course u'll get a welcome I'A. How can you not when ur my girls? ;)

And last but not least, it was lovely seeing all the nomads:

Libaax (EDIT...can't forget the guest of honour!)

Jamaal-11

Sophist

Muraad

Shaqsii

Shujui

Mujaahid

WildCat7

Juxa

Suban

Miskin

Rookie_Of_the_Year

...especially Mujahid (the cutest wadaad ever, mansha'Allah) and juxa who's an absolute darling!

OG_Girl   

Salaam :

any one wants to come kuwait? :D

wallahi i promised to show up .......lol

this time i will show up , Moti i know i tricked u but seriously this time i will show up with my black "abayah "

libaax u r welcome

BARWAAQO u welcome too i will make u walk and walk till u hate me ........lol :D

salam

Juxa   

salaam ya all,

LSA,,,,,,, ilaahey maku nabad geeyay, qeyr waaye lol, and u wlc bro, u lucky this time i was on my best behaviour, u were so shy and sweet that me and barwaaqo felt bad to misbehave and play that joke on ya :D:D

shujui,,,,,,,,,kkkkkkkkkkkk spilling the drink was oooops fun, u lucky it was not sticky frubishino, but u were absolutely good sport,,,,imagine if it was wildcat spilling her drink,,,,walee casho lama cuneen smile.gif

Rookie,,,,,,,man u really were rookie, ninkaa hadal badan dhaxal awoowgaa kugu qadi, hope next time u will say few words.

flying still, macda, what do u mean will u get a wlc! naa anoo nool miyad wlc mahelaa leedahay, forget ocean restaurant, subixi saan jiko u galo, i will stay there till midnight preparing all yr fav dishes, just give me a list.

barwaaqo, i see ya soon, next meeting is my back-yard, habeenki cuntadi waaba laqi waayay ;) jamaal was too much distraction,,,and wildcat too beautiful,,,,,kkkkkkk not to mention suuban(dawaco) and salma.this time i cook, and give plastic cup to shujui, u bring the spare macawis kkkkkkk.

honestly dahlings,,,,,,,,,,,it was fun.

Xafsa   

juxa and barwaaqo....you know what they say ...talk is cheap. Markaan imaado lee la'arkaa!

Juxa---I don't care what you cook as long as there is no hint of hilib ari in it...haddii kale waa dagaal!! :D

BArwaaqo: ya xaa tiri? Mujaahid the cutest wadaad ever aa? Now there is another reason to visit london..... :D

Senora   

Well you guys are a delightful bunch......we need more sweet ppl like that in the world...

anyways, its post like this that make me really want to come to London....I plan to come there either this semester coming up( as an exchange student), or this summer...either way, as long as i am blessed with the company of you fine people...it would just make my trip even more worth wild.....

so hopefully in the near future, I will be posting a message just like this... :D

Salaan...

Libaax, it is about time, ehe? ;) I hope not, though, that they invited you to have a dinner at that restaurant's basement. ;) Darn! However, it is a true oceanic restaurant, I must give it a credit; even though while in London, I stayed just around the corner of that restaurant, I think it is not that ideal location, thus off limiting to most Soomaali Londoners.

In that location, too many Turkish folks around, not enough Soomaali. :D

Macsalaama.

Flying still, don't leave without me.

Y'all are sweet.....London is winning points here in hospitality. Pretty impressive.

I promised my cousin who was flying out to UK today that I would visit next summer. Her kids have the cutest british accent.....when I immitated them they would giggle back and say "you're saying it the olden way" lol. In other words, its outdated.