Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

VALENTINE'S DAY

Aaliyyah   

lol@ Gedid

word? here i thought religious girls were kinda above those petty stuff.

Khalaf, there is nothing wrong with celebrating V-day, it is the day where you celebrate with all your loved ones, from friends , family memebers, and even that special person. Everything depends on your niyah (your intentions).

Al-mu'minah I agree that you have to show your love and appreciation every single day. But, that won't be possible given that you are busy with school and work. It is good to have that special day where you just hang out ...anyways whats the harm in it? ofcourse, if you guys wanna just be different from the kufar and just choose Feb 15 or any other day...it is still fine with me...I will celebrate that day too lol

Almu'minah the chocolates were good yesterday weren't they ...now stop complaining icon_razz.gif

^Valentine's day has Pagan roots.It originated from the ancient Roman festival of Lupercalia that was done to honor Faanus (Roman diety).Christendom didn't abolish this festival. It incorparated it into Christianity with a little twist. The Church declared Valentine's day as the day to honor three clergymen who called Valentine and were marytred on feb 14th. Several early Christian saints were also called Valentine or Valentinus in Latin.

Gediid   

An old somali song went like this"wax isweydi ma xumee wax isweydaarsi baa daran"

Valentine's day waa maalin wax la isweydaarsado, flowers and chocolate from the guy for something kushi kushi from the girl...... ;)

Khalaf   

it is the day where you celebrate with all your loved ones, from friends , family memebers, and even that special person.

Alaiyah abaayo raali aho because ian ku diib ma ahaan raabo...lakiin i don't get it. Taan iga jawaab insha-Allah, ya yiri: "its day where you celebrate with your loved ones." Ma Allah scw yiri, masa Nabi Muhammad scw? Ama dhaqaan somali ba yiri? Who gave you this believe? The white man so ma ahaan? I am not trying to start fuss it aint my business but um just trying to understand the thought process......anyway do what u gotta do...i just think its stuphid and copy catting. peace

Horta Aaliyah416 intee jirtaa? anigu waa yaabaye. Soo maalin dhaweyd maadan lahayn 18 baan jirtaa. yaa waxaan aad ka sheekaynayso ku baray.

Aaliyyah   

Khalaf walaal I can understand where you are coming from. Jazakalaah khyr. I just don't think from religious perspective is haram to celebrate that day where your intentions is only to show ppl you love how much they mean to you. and, we are not just talking about buying stuff for your loved ones. Spending time with you loved ones counts as well.

Che, perhaps there is some history to it as far as christianity goes. But, at the end of the day it is your intentions. My intentions is not to follow kufar's footsteps, rather to just enjoy myself with my loved ones. Perhaps, as muslims we should choose another day...how does that sound to rest of you ?? :D

Anyways, I will speak to a wadad about this matter. madaxaba i xanuujiseene. acuudu bilaah...ilaahay khyr ha nisiiyo laakin ficnaan uun uga jedaane ...am just confused sort of.

Ducaysane am 20 , but AGE IS NOTHING BT A NUMBER smile.gif

wa salaamu alaikum

AGE IS NOTHING BT A NUMBER

So, you wouldn't mind my granpa winking at you :D

You are right it is about intentions,but why express those intentions on this particular day unless you do it on the 14th of every month.

Aaliyah416,

I know age is only a number but you often mention your number without being asked. I wonder if that is gana be the case after five years. :D:D:D :cool: :cool:

Aaliyyah   

^ lol when did i mention my age without being asked, anyways even in five yrs I will mention my age if someone asks me. what the heck?

I have a question though for you ducaysane, who are you? this is the first time i came across with yr nickname. Did you change your previous nickname? or are you of those who rather read than post? just curious :D

Jac 1st april wa malinta beenta dee? lol maalin kale door..hadii kale waxa lo fahmaya malinta jaceelka beenta la isku sheegayo smile.gif

Che your granpa can wink all he wants, and I shall wink back to boost his ego smile.gif

that is all for now.

wa salaam