Sign in to follow this  
Som@li

A Mogadishu Rape Victim Finds Hope in Minnesota .

Som@li   

A Mogadishu Rape Victim Finds Hope in Minnesota

murayo.jpg

By Abdirahman Aynte

Fellow, The Center for Independent Media

Rochester, MN (HOL)- Just six months ago, Murayo Nur Ali was told that she has no hope to be treated from a severe injury she sustained during a gang-rape at age seven.

That was in Mogadishu, the capital of Somalia. But on Monday, she was full of hope as she stepped out of a private jet that flew her to Rochester for treatment at Mayo Clinic.

Though Ali is 11, she looks more like half of that. Gaunt yet playful, she has the signs of languish in her wide eyes. Yet she manages to smile as she strides through dozens of people who waved encouraging signs and flowers at the Rochester International Airport.

One sign read “the bad part is over.”

It’s exactly the message that the couple who sponsored Ali wanted to send her. The Rochester pair, Abdi and Zahra, who wouldn’t give their last names because they didn’t want to be overwhelmed with all those in need, didn’t know Ali until they read her story on a Somali website.

“We couldn’t sleep the night we saw [Ali] on the internet,” said Abdi, who began to mobilize a network of people and organizations to help Ali. “She’s just like my three-year-old daughter

murayo-6year.jpg

More On Murayo story >>.....

Intel   

^^^ amiin

may allah reward Abdi and Zahra in this world and in the hereafter for thier such a wonderful deed.

Xoogsade   

Aamiin. I notice in the top picture she has a beautiful smile which is typical of a somali kid. Hope she puts her ordeal behind her as she grows up.

Oh that just hurt my heart. Miskiin. How evil can one be to do that to a little child or any person for that matter. She will get her justice Inshallah, that's what comforts me whenever I hear stories like this.

I'm so happy that she's getting the treatment that she needs although I'm sad that her face and name are being used in the media. She deserves privacy, even if she's a kid. I don't think people want others to know that they are raped. It's a horrible thing and the less people know, the easier it is to heal.

king_450   

Sad to say most of these caused by Somali Men Yes "Somali Men" and if you know these thugs you must not harbor them ,report them. Equally Somali Women are looking on the other side and not demanding these *******s to be brought to justice,so equally ladies you share the blame.