Sign in to follow this  
Passion_4_Fashion

THIS TOPIC IS FOR CIYAAL XAMAR!

nuune   

I feel left out too,

me BIG sujui, kullan, siyeeloow, biya madoow, sarrif, bannaaneey, malindi, ijaaro.

Originally posted by -Femme Fatale-:

Was Born in Xamar...have no clue where. Then left when I was 3 months old. Does that count?

ahahahahaha ,,,,, Yeah it is count ,,,, don't worry ,,,,,

Boondheere? Bit of a mouthful but OK I'll accept it. My very own Xamar area. Cool. :D

Private contract, Xoogsade? For a little linguistic guidance? How Management Consultancy. smile.gif

Xoogsade   

LOL@Mouthful, Sheherazade, nothing little about linguistic guidance. Management is not my area of expertise :D I need to be managed myself.

Jilaato_Cambo.

Sis, meelahaan aniga iyo Bob sheegney, Xaafado ma ahan, Meelo baadiyaha Kismayo iyo Afmadow(small town) agaheeda ka tirsan waaye. Sorry about the confusion and the hijacking(on my part) of the thread.

U know what, Xoogsade, u're right, there's nothing little about guiding me linguistically when it comes to southern accents. I have to admit to being a fan of the sound and very often I am so distracted by how cute it sounds that I don't listen to what is being said to me. I squint, smile and say, 'Maxaad tidhi?' Very northern. smile.gif

Invariably they ask me if I know Somali at all! Frankly I don't know it like I should. It is possible for me to work out what someone is saying even with unfamiliar words being spoken but the communication problem that arises is compounded significantly by my fetish. How to admit to that and keep them there and talking to me. ;) There's weird and there's weird, no? I gotta represent, see?

U'd get nowhere slowly if u tried to coach me. I'd make u repeat yourself over and over, prolong the lessons and act like the dumbest gal this side of Hargeisa. Mission Impossible, I'd say. About as useful as getting the Management Consultants in.

Now, say something dammit, why u gotta make a girl suffer!

Blimey, I'm high on Tiger Balm. I smell of camphor, clove oil, menthol and whatever else is making me giddy but hasn't helped with the pain. Herbal shmerbal, I need man-made chemicals.

ibuprufen, drool

sMiLeY   

well i wasn't born in hamar but i lived in KASAA BAL BALAREEE for 2 years........

i left when i was 6 all i remember is the Dugsii and Macaliin Mustafee......... there was a school behind that too.......

i think there was a masjiid with some man's name boqol soon or soofii don't remember

Personally i think Xamar has been overated last time I went there i found a rather backward city compared to my hometown of budunbuto iyo biciidlasaar which on the east is bordered by haraqleyso and to the west by Eymuqleeye,to the north by dabarogato and to the south by damerajoog

wow what a place nothing as beautiful as that place has ever been seen.