Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Troll Corner

-Lily-   

You’re assuming everyone knows what ‘maxad sheegtay’ means. The first time someone said that to me I thought they were hearing voices. I just responded calmly, ‘waxba ma dhihin’ then she said ‘na iska waran’ and walked off in a huff before I could respond. But that was donky years ago...

Abtigiis   

Lily, something is bothering me. Your somali is impeccable from what I read and what you seem to decipher. On the otherhand , you refer to times when you didn't understood things. I have the feeling you are part of the KEN-TAN mafia in SOL? Eeyaa ma sijuu baa tahay?

Ngonge- what if VAL is telling the truth and I am lost? Some soul searhing yaan u baahanahay. the other day I saw you talked about curi dibjir ah. Were you referring to me? Paranoia in display dheh hadda.

-Lily-   

I would have looked down and checked if I stepped on dog poo...but now I know it means how are you?

Edit: A&T, that was back in my first day in high school, like I said many moon lights ago when I first realized there are other dilects. Most main stream dilects are understandable enough. And no I'm not sujuii, just a regular Somali.

nuune   

lol@donky yrs ago :D

Af Somaliga is very rich,

Say to any teenager this: Cagaha wax ka day, they will look their feet.

Mid baan maahmaah bari ku dhahay anagoo sheeko wadno, maahmaahdu waxey aheyd sidan: "Bisayl iyo ceedhiin(ceyriin) waxa u dhexeeya waa yac-yacood"

intuu igu soo boodey asagoo gafuurka taagayo ayuu igu yiri "ani maa yac ileedahay, dameer maa ii maleesay"

Originally posted by -Lily-:

I would have looked down and checked if I stepped on dog poo...but now I know it means how are you?

:D:D:D

It means RUN ...........

-Lily-   

LoL, I will stop exposing my gaps in knowledge. What does it mean then? It better not be saqajaanimo JB :mad:

Nuune, I thought we were friends? Explain pronto!

nuune   

Lily, lool you need to brush up your Somali(note to Ngonge), and quick crash course.

Waxaanba kuu heestay macalimada afka Soomaaliga, cagaha wax ka day baad garan weyday lol

Lily, me an du need to talk

-Lily-   

I understand standard Somali well enough, why would soemone say to you caga wax ka day? In what context would they use it?

Malika   

*walks in the unregular Somali*

Hello, Morning all!

caga wax ka day = go find it for yourself[be independent etc]