Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Troll Corner

SeeKer   

Flu season is here and most of the household has the darn bug. I can't seem to break my fever and I have a twenty page paper due in a couple days. Anyone know where I can get cheap air fare to egypt either from US or UK?

I hate my life

N.O.R.F   

Seeker, expedia.co.uk is usually a good bet but what makes you think there is no flu there?

Val, at least you have xmas and new year holidays to look forward to (Eidul Adxa on New Years Eve i think)

NGONGE   

^^^ Seeker really wants to go to Egypt. It's just her cold that's making her get her words all mixed up.

Anyway, tell me, how is the Arab working life treating you? :D ...fun is it not? :D

N.O.R.F   

^^Its just the same routine saxib but without the bad weather :cool: there is no slacking when working for a Brit Co unlike working for a Kuwaiti one :D

Yalla!

Ps last nights game was not good!

^ LoL. And without the bad transport, I bet.

Don't mention Xmas to me. I don't want to think about 2006 ending. How could it have gone so fast? I didn't do anything! Well, I got a raise and my job title changed, but it's all been work work work. No fun, no personal achievements, no goals touched as yet. Long list of to-dos and no ticks beside them as yet.

FrenchConnectionUK-ing hell.

N.O.R.F   

^^Plenty of traffic though. Cars, taxis, coaches, buses, pick-up trucks everywhere!!!

You got a promotion and are well established in your job. Alxamdullilah deh!

NG, did you wear these funny looking dishdashers/thobes when you was younger? What does the long piece of string represent ya akhi?

NGONGE   

North,

Of course I did.

I’ll go as far as saying that I looked very elegant and stylish in my white dishdashas. The thing you’re talking about is found in Omani dishdashas. I have no idea what it is for. But for all the other stuff, here is a quick guide (with a smiling model no less).

pic1.gif

N.O.R.F   

:D

Hada dishdasha Saudiya akhi, the one i prefer to wear but with a small Qatari-like collar, where is the UAE dishdasha?

ps is that you? :D

SeeKer   

Originally posted by Northerner:

Seeker, expedia.co.uk is usually a good bet but what makes you think there is no flu there?

I didn't mean to be flying to Egypt to get away from the flu. I would require pretty deep pockets to be taking such trips. icon_razz.gif Thanks for the tip though.

Is anyone else dreading the Christmas party season? There's my Unit's, my dept's, the organisation-wide staff party and the Mayor's ball.

Not to count all the Christmas lunches with our partner agencies and delivers.

Just how many can you turn down without appearing like a wierd, anti-social loner?

N.O.R.F   

I know what you mean. My usual excuse was 'i cant be bothered' and it works a treat! I may have to do the same again!

At least i wont be getting the customery bottles of champs & scotch,,,,