Sign in to follow this  
Qac Qaac

Open Minded

Jumatatu   

Sergeant Waryaa in Vioja Mahakamani?

Waryaaaaa..! Is that guy alive....and please let me know if you have any..'any' copy of that show.

NGONGE   

Ngonge, bro what u saying here. when i say to stay with in islamic circle, i mean not going out of it, as in not to sin. I still don't get the pt u r making when u say gayness is ok in their rule. if u see their history u would know they were the one of the first ppl. they say the pope burned the first gay ever seen in europe long time ago somewhere in the 14th century.

Homosexuality is ok in their laws because they’re man-made laws. Even in their religions they’ve chopped and changed to modernise the interpretations of the Bible to accommodate this new understanding of homosexuality. So, being gay is ok. ;)

Baashi   

My take on this word’s connotation is somewhat different from what’s is posted here. I don’t equate reasonableness with open-mindedness. You could be polite, reasonable, good listener, respectful, and the sometime stand for the things you really believe in very strongly. Do that and you would be labeled an extremist - a closed-minded person. Should we be tolerant? Yes; Should we be open to new thinking and ideas? Yes; Should we be open to the ideas that negate our principles and things that we believe in? No!

dawoco   

I believe that everyone has their own deffiniton of what being "open minded" actually is.

A conservative person might think that being open minded is not openly and vocally critizising a person that he disapproves of.

For the liberal it might mean total acceptance of anything that anyone wants to do anywhere and at anytime given time without censorship.

For me being open minded means accepting my own faults, and thus not judging others on theirs. After all, we aren't here to neither condone nor condemn the actions of others. Or so me thinks...

they act as in they are open minded ppl coz they got education

Education is a tool to succes, not succes itself. So it would seem to be rather premature of any given graduate to think they have made it on the basis of a paper certificate.

To do that, one would either have to be conceited or a duke with available millions un the family save.

As most students are finding themselves in depts, I doubt many could afford that sort of arrogance.

NGONGE   

Education is a tool to succes

I was under the impression it was a path to gaining knowledge!

It’s a real shame how the capitalists have turned it from that into an emblem of success and making money! Are you an imperialist too, comrade Dawoco? :eek:

dawoco   

Ngonge, my dear, how is fatherhood keeping you? Not too busy I hope? Still keeping up with the lil ones?

It's rather amusing to reffer to capitalism in relation to my post and then to procede to call me a communist "comrade"...Very intressting indeed.

I'm sure some one of your self-esteemed rank would agree that it is a rather simple formula. Education leads to knowledge leads to power to succeed.

In my naievet I assumed that my fellow nomads would grasp that simple deduction with old fashioned common sense...Of course, some one of your ilk would demand further explanation leading to denouncement that has the looks of retaliation.. :rolleyes:

Interresting point made bro. In the furute though don't hesitate to question my character, rather than making the error of assumption, its too far below you dearest :rolleyes:

NGONGE   

Heh. It was a teeny weenie pinch, dear. Had I known the scream would be that loud, I wouldn’t have bothered! icon_razz.gif

Erm, blame it on the sleepless nights. :rolleyes:

dawoco   

Needless to say the loud scream was necessary as i was making example of individuals being openminded, or even better, narrow-minded. How else could little old me demonstrate in accordance to the topic?

And besided, it was more like a loud, hushed wisper than a scream... U men!

The secret to late night wake-up calls is "sleep when they sleep, wake when they wake and eat when they eat" This will keep u more pleasant minded icon_razz.gif

Qac Qaac   

Baashi summed up everything. end of discussion.

Dawoco i agree with u too.

Ngonge u got good pts.

Somali sujui... sujuu lee ahoow.

IL CAPO   

Originally posted by Qac Qaac:

Somali sujui... sujuu lee ahoow.

Adeer Bidaar Loof..you sound so angry,i hope i didn't press the wrong buttom here or should i say

i didn't give your Bidaar a good smack :D:D .

i am SIJUI and very proud of it and i got my juice

so you better get yours and stop staring at mine.

by the way aren't you too old to listen to Rap music?pull your pants up as we have minors in this

site :D:D:D .

IL CAPO   

Originally posted by Jumatatu:

Waryaaaaa..! Is that guy alive....and please let me know if you have any..'any' copy of that show.

no i heard he died few years back.

remember this...

Muxishmiwa Xuyo Misi(mwizi)ame iba mayayi ya xuyo (hi) Kuku calafu aka kimbiya na mimi nime kimbiya yuma (nyuma) yake calafu waqati mimi na jaribu ku shika yeye came cingiya cindani ya baxali watu wana comba yesu (kanisani) na Muxishmiwa mimi siwezi ku cingiya cindani ya baxali hiyo kwa sababu mimi ni mucislamu,cindiyo Muxishmiwa,calafu mimi na cangochea yeye cinje.

bacda ya saca cine mime nime joka calafu nime cenda ku nunua sigara calafu waqati mimi na rudi maxali yeye ame cingiya cindaniyake ime fungua.

sasa mimi nime rudi kwa Police station calafu mimi na kuta yeye xaba cindani ya offici ya Inspector Kijana. :D:D:D .

beste i hope uta elewa kwa sababu nime ku andikia vile yeye ana ongeaga..

uki shindwa ku elewa tell me alafu ntaku andikiya in kiswahili sanifu.

tuonana pasi.

Khayr   

Originally posted by Em:

2- Also having your own opinions without bias or prejudice and standing up for what is right no matter what are the pressures you are facing.

3- I think also the Open minded person is the one who convince others without offending, attacking and hurting them. Ppl can disgree with your opinions and beliefs. So the way you deliver your opinions and beliefs is important.

PEACE

Salaamz,

this is one of the best topics that I have come across in a long time.

I think that the above nomad defined the concept of being 'OPENMINDED' the best.

WHY?

OPEN-relates to ACCEPTANCE, TOLERANCE, INDIFFERENCE,PATIENT,GENTLE,KIND,EMBRACING

MIND-relates to INTELLECT, INTELLIGENCE, APTITUDE, CLEVER, WIT, CUNNING etc.

These are some of the words that come to mind

when I hear 'OPEN MINDED' b/c it denotes

nothing but POSTIVE THINKING.

If you go to any 'OPEN' discussion in any forum i.e. a university class, a muslim convention, a modern day 'family discussion'-you will hear this term 'OPEN MINDED' being referred to over an over again.

e.g. Students, note that you should be open minded to this new discussion on stem cell research, if you want to work in medicine.

e.g. Brothers, lets be 'OPEN MINDED' and lets treat each other as 'EQUALS' (women and mean, adult and children!)

e.g. Mother says to husband 'Please be open minded to what Nimaa wants to do with her life.

Now if the phrase 'OPEN MINDED' conjures up postive images, then why does it conflict with

the idea of RELIGION???

To answer that first, lets define a few things

SENSE - To be Aware

COMMON SENSE - A sense of reality that we all have in common.

Sensibility - The Psycological interpretation of what is Common Sense

SENTIMENT-Personal, subjective emotions.

When Sentiment effects your Sensibility ,

then things go WRONG .

PSYCHOSIS - Occurs when someone can't deal with their own Reality, thus becoming Self-Delusional. e.g. I am a healthy person, even though I eat bagels and cream cheese for breakfast and fried rice for lunch every day.

Now back to the question at hand:

Now if the phrase 'OPEN MINDED' conjures up postive images, then why does it conflict with

the idea of RELIGION???

IF you know the REASON/S, then please share with us nomads.

Fi Amanillah

Originally posted by Khayr:

the idea of RELIGION???

IF you know the REASON/S, then please share with us nomads.

Fi Amanillah

Speaking of contradiction mr.khayr, evaluate your posts on other threads, especially those with sexual remarks and the derogatory ones. How "religious" is it ? :D