Sign in to follow this  
ManOfWisdom

Desert_Rose how much ur dowry will be?

Are u an underprivileged commoner,a princess, or a queen?

How much will ur dowry be? A penny, a pound or a billion? Are u cheap or expensive, are u poor or rich, are u beautiful or a beast?

my grand father named me qaly, cause he said id be an expensive bride. but alas i have a strange mind in comparison to my people. i liken it to prostitution. i prefer no money to be passed at my wedding.

OG_Girl   

Salaam ,

man of freedom let me break down for u

if u mean dowrys = mahar al shar'ey , that doesn't mean that is ur price means Gift to give ur to be ur wife .

did i spoke readable language dear ??

salaam

Juxa   

dowry is affordable gift to your would-be wife, affordable means something u can give and happy with and not kalif. remember 'kalif' is haram.

it is upto the woman to say how and what her dowry would be, and men should be aware of their capabilities of providing that gift, once agreed it will become a must or duty. it is better to pay the dowry upfront before consuming the marriage, so igu lahow is total NO-NO.

one more thing the woman should be reasonable while naming her dowry :D

personally, i would rather follow a tradition, set by my grand-mom, her dowry was 4 faataxo, 1 holly book and a toothbrush. in return all the women in my family got over 30+ yrs of happy and fulfilled marriages smile.gif

Kool_Kat   

Juxa, I agree with you a 100%...

Some thing reasonable...Cuz what one might consider cheap, another might consider it to be expensive...

Xafsa   

I agree with somealian---things have changed since our grand parents time and even our parent's time. I think a man and a woman should enter into a partnership not a trade agreement.

1luv