Sign in to follow this  
Alle-ubaahne

Jaajuus!

There is a guy that I know always talks about politics, and praises the non-Islamic systems of governance. He detests anything about Islamic system, and calls it out-dated. When he wants to talk, in our midst, he passionately praises and extols America, and its historical leaders. So, I decided to subjectively stick with the opposite views of him, because I know his loyalties for the west were beyond the boundary. He despices Somalis for being how they are, and hates the Arabs without any reasons. I realy can't describe this guy's passionate attachment and loyalties to America. But the funny thing about him is that he threatens us when we disagree with him or question his loyalties, by interprating the law into what he calls "punishable by deportation or jail sentence." For instance, when I say to him, the war of Iraq is illegal, he says, "I know what you mean, you are siding with the argagixiso, yes, because you don't like our country (America, which is his new found country) to win over those Qarxiyeyaal.

I wonder if this guy is Jaajuus who happen to work volentarily with the agents, or he chooses so because he doesn't like his people, or.. I realy don't know, but help me nomads identifying, if any, the traits and characteristics of Jaajuus people. I am afraid some people would think that I am bothered by that or felt paranoid. I have no reason to feel scared, but out of curriosity, I am interested in what motivates people to behave like that, when they realy have no idea what they for or against.

"I know what you mean, you are siding with the argagixiso, yes, because you don't like our country (America, which is his new found country) to win over those Qarxiyeyaal

Sawm wanagasan

I hear you brother. Your freind genuinly perhaps beleives in such a doctrine. BTW its not so much of a country/diiniyad thingy; its plain right/left politics.

Laakin Some of our people go the extremes[in bashing the new homeland],and do not show respect for the countries that welcomed us.

Its ok to disagree, laakinse i thnk its also fair to show some respect for your new home. Dont you think so? icon_razz.gif

He is a definite Jajuus...... Come on its one thing to be thankful that they've welcomed us....BUT ITS ONLY ALLAH THAT MADE IT ALL POSSIBLE>... He's a true hater.....racism is hatred. I am no arab.......I am somali and he can hate the mindset of the people who corrupted somalia but he don't got to hate "Somalians or somalia"............ Let alone anyother race for no reason!

If I actually knew this guy I wouldn't talk to him much.....cause if he's serious I wouldn't trust him..He'd probably twist anything I say and make it into something out of this world....

But then again he might just be........... there's nothing else he can be but a jajuus.....Because if he had the opportunity to be a jajuus.....he'd probably take it on....for the $$$$$$$money

Poor lost guy, Simple brainwashed brother! You shouldn't waste your time arguing with such creature! let him role and live the illussionary live that he chose.

Brown, Sure you should have respect not only for those who welcomed you, but also for those who haven't and do virtue to all mankind. But lets not elude reality, experession of views is what's on question here?

Every one of us has a view, and I believe we have a complete right to hold that view, discuss and reason with it, thats how we communicate as humans, how we understand exchange and finally come into an agreement or disagreement. If this would not exist then I, you, everyone here and the world must follow only one, we must follow whoever is POWERFUL, Power speaks for itself.

So on small scale, Powers distinct and disintegrated around the corners of the world, these are temporary powers that human beings possess.

On larger scale, In reality ALL POWERS are to GOD thus, we should follow none but the almighty GOD.

Brown, Sure you should have respect not only for those who welcomed you, but also for those who haven't and do virtue to all mankind. But lets not elude reality, experession of views is what's on question here?

Indeed.True say. But i was talking of the extreme end of the kind. The kind that is, quite frankly speaking, very Unpatriotic[ungrateful if you must].

Ever heard of the phrase love my country but hate the government?[some of us have pure hate for the countries that welcomed us].Thats when it becomes absurd.

Good points however :cool:

Brown,

Sawm Wanaagsan, as well.

The question doesn't raise the issue of disgratefulness and so forth, its about the blind loyalties that misleads the ones who are driven moron impulses and ignorance. And believe me, showing respect for your host country doesn't mean in my terms to be very blind-folded to the realities and errs of the host country. We say in somali proverb, "kill the gaal and offer his rightful dues, or judgement". What I mean by that is you never disguise the fact from someone you respect by showing no displeasing signs of truth. And again, if you ask me whether I like these lands of Allah or not, I would tell you nothing but the qualitative difference they have, and I don't believe in loving a country that doesn't enable me peace in mind, because we all know our status is under the proletarian class of slavery-wage workers, who are indeed inflicted with an everlasting impoverishment in their presence of these lands.

Sweet Gal

Thanks abaayo for your excellent and helpful discretions you offered me. I decided to refrain at my best from that guy, whom I believe has self-esteem problems. I learned the guy with the accompany of some of my friends, who are innocent and don't share with his unguided moronness. But trust me, the guy is new to city, I never saw him before. He seems from the way he behaves that everyone shares with his pathetic world-views, because that was the reason he initiated such topics in our midst.

Tukaale,

Yes brother, I surely agree on that. Allah, (sw), is the supreme and above anyone who thinks they can attribute power to themselves. Power is the opposite of human nature, because we're all weak, but in our weakness lies where the real power of humanistic qualities arise, and that is humbleness. Humble qualities do have some unsurpassable beauties that people incline to. And when that humble quality is missed, which is the real power, that person is doomed for an ethernal failure.

Shirwac   

There are a lot of Somalis that should be on medications for mental abnormanilties. This guy is not jaajuus he is just sick, and should look for a SHRINK. Why do you talk to crazy people?

Gabbal   

What specific things have you noticed that lead you to question him sxb? I know plenty of Somalis that cannot stand Somalia, because of the horrors they suffered in the civil war. Some of them have even denounced the religion and all who come down under simply because the people who were involved in the civil war against them claimed to be muslims. I have always dismissed it as a result of strong cases of Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome.

Maybe what he needs is a good shrink like someone mentioned.

Originally posted by Raqid:

What specific things have you noticed that lead you to question him sxb? I know plenty of Somalis that cannot stand Somalia, because of the horrors they suffered in the civil war. Some of them have even denounced the religion and all who come down under simply because the people who were involved in the civil war against them claimed to be muslims. I have always dismissed it as a result of strong cases of
Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome

A friend of mine who works with the social services once had a Somali woman whose 4 children had to be re-housed because of her state and she insisted they be taken to non-somali and non-muslims... preferably Jewish. And my friend and the authorities had to comply.

Its sad, but we are all shaped by our experiences in life and having heard the woman's story, I could understand where it all stemmed from.

^^ What are you on about guyz, Selfhate is not something to be condoned, I think every human has had or will experience some downfalls in one way or another during his life time, What is needed is patience, perseverence and setting a good example for others to follow. Infact there are many other ways to find solutions as opposed to be showing extreme panic, selfhate and insane reactionaries.

It won't have any benefit for you if you behave like a mentally decapitated human being with no reason at all, only considering about whatever misfortune's happened in the past blaming who??? If not yourself, worst of all overlooking the future and not trying to bring about whatever change one can achieve. It's only tragic that occured to us as it did to other nations in the previous, but our failure to recover from this is not only because our politians lack vision but our people's weakness, hysteria and the lack of commonsense. Simply Sabr, let learn to live with it and move forward.

Any kind of soceity, to suceed you should

• Have sabr
  • Lead, commit and stick to your idealogy
  • Think aheard, move forward
and many more criteria's but them are the crucial ones I believe.

We should neither forget nor overeact about the past, learn some good lessons to boost your morale( as to be aware of the past and not to repeat again the same mistakes)but not be so demoralised about it.

Besides I find really absurd that someone would actually have support for western views and idealogies on the basis that he/she have problem with the current situation back home, going as far as turning down religion and Islam, thats now bald excuse to ignore one's ability to comprehend the distinct of the issues on the table that really matters most...Poor them feel sorry for whoever they are..

My simple thought..

Infact there are many other ways to find solutions as opposed to be showing extreme panic, selfhate and insane reactionaries.

See, the self-hate, extreme panic and insane reactionaries are an expected reaction to trauma. So you need to show some of

patience, perseverence and setting a good example for others to follow

By not being counter-reactionary and calling people self-hating. Fahamt?

A simple problem with a lot of Somalis is they fail to understand the other side of the story. You don’t have to condone or like something to understand it.

As Raqid pointed out, you should read up on Post-traumatic stress disorder . Considering the events, tragedies and brutality that have happened in Somalia, this sort of reaction is normal and will effect some of the people. If it eases your pain and disappointment, its not restricted to Soomaalida. A lot of people who have had negative or traumatic past experiences suffer from extreme detachment with the cause of that experience. This heals over time and may eventually disappear with help, support and understanding. This is where Soomalidu fail miserably because every1 who doesn’t think right is a quack that should be locked up or made the subject of ridicule.

My simple n quick reply...

By not being counter-reactionary and calling people self-hating. Fahamt?

So I overreacted for bringing that up?? right?? OOK I did, and I shouldn't have said it at all, sorry.