Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

A worthy cause

RedSea   

Luul Jaylaani,

Seriously that old lady should just sit in her home. She is way too old to be in these things.

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

Why not? They used to do this
in early '90s
for Bishacas and Laanqeyrtacas; I know this because I had watched videos from that time, oo iyagoo dhan kuwa kor ku xusan ku wada jiro, plus waliba ku jireen Khadra Daahir, Cabdi Dige, Sheegoow Band and the now defunct Guul Band.

Early 90's kii maxaa ka dambeeyay hee...Kuligood meeshaan lacag ugu jirin wey gooyaan, iimaan daraa qaaday, well except a few of them...

Pucca   

Event Name: FUNDRAISING FOR LAFOOLE HOSPITAL

Host: Rajo-Humanitarian and Development Comittee

Date: Friday, October 26, 2007

Time: 7:00pm - 12:00am

Street: 1771 Albion Rd

If you need more information on Dr. Hawa Abdi and the Lafoole Hospital here is the

Tickets are 20 in advance and 25 at the door.

We need to raise as much money as we can to purchase medical supplies and equipment that are so urgently needed for this hospital.

fundraisingkf3.jpg

Entertainment and refreshments provided!

come out and support if you can.

Originally posted by Mslm: Red Sea:

Luul Jaylaani,

Seriously that old lady should just sit in her home. She is way too old to be in these things.

Maxaa ka rabtaana xaajiyada hakaa baashaashee. Wah.

Luul Jeylaani hir kale ayaa ka horeeyo, sida Maandeeq, Faadumo Qaasin, Daleys, Max'ed Saleebaan Tubeec, Xasan Aaden, Nakruuma iyo yaa kale aan ka tagay. Heesteeda

aan ugu jeclahay:

Cunto waa cuni waayee

Cawadii hurdi waayee

Ceelaan ku dhacee

Ku cariirsamayee

Seen ku cayman karaaye

Casiis weynoow iga caawi

Cindigayga aan helee

Calafkayga ka yeelee

luul_gr.jpg

Kicking still, I see.

That is Caruus, girl.

I see you hadn't watched a Soomaali wedding or xaflad held in Koronto lately. I hadn't myself, but the few I watched always had Caruus singing on. There are few xaflado Caruus is not singing at. His favourite song: Waranaa igu taaganee...

peasant   

There are definitely going to be some gang-bangers but a fight to take place is going to be an outrageous thing since the whole purpose of the concert is for peace.

Originally posted by Tagsiile:

Too bad we can't gamble, because I would like to take bets on how many fights we'll see at the show!! And how many white people will be in attendance....
;)

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by shaken and deterred:

the guy on the bottom right hand corner looks like prince... PRINCE IS PERFORMING?!?!?!?!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!! Ba'nay!!!!!!!!!!! Come to think of it, he does sorta look like Prince in that pic...Kix Kix Kix Kix Kix...

Peasant, meelahaasoo kale kama helaan kuwaas...Besides, they'll be busy getting *high* and *drunk* during the hours of this event...

icon_razz.gif Saas maa fulay utahay laakiin? You should see me putting on my gangsta ayeeyo look when I see them around! :D

Aaliyyah   

Sounds like fun, I love Somali music. Too bad I have to study .... :(

inshallah enjoy it for those of you who are attending this event..

amazing article I wanted to share...

By Ali H. Abdulla

Monday, February 04, 2008

HadraawiIt is unfortunate for a nation that shares a lot to be afflicted by leaders who seek division and discord, and who fail to seek common ground in the face of the multitude of dangers facing their country. The word compromise, win-win, alternatives, and negotiation seem to be missing from the lexicon of these leaders.

The leaders of the TFG, the Asmara group, Somaliland and Puntland have several things in common: Personal vendettas and the desire to score points against those whom they perceive, rightly or wrongly, as the other side. External enemies and threats have been overshadowed by petty conflicts and the desire to hang-on to power at the risk of driving the nation into oblivion.

It seems that the collapse of the Somali government had been engineered by external forces who studied the Somalis and figured out their weaknesses. Right after the collapse of the Somali government, the American ambassador in Kenya rightly predicted that Somalia would collapse into clan fiefdoms that would never unite, and that would most likely revert to pre-colonial times: A time when a nation state was alien to the Somalis. He compared Somalia to a horse that could be brought to water but could never be forced to drink: water being the state, and the horse being the Somali clans. The past 17 years have proven him right. Such prediction can only come at the conclusion of a prolonged research and close scrutiny. The breakup of Somalia was inspired by the dangers a strong and united Somalia posed to its mostly Christian neighbors. The current visit of Janday Frazer to the break-away state of Somaliland foretells the desire of he West and the Vatican to break-up Somalia into tiny manageable pieces. The visit comes right after a group of lobbyists started working on a bill to recognize Somaliland. The bill will be presented to congress shortly.

The situation in Somalia reminds me of a Somali song in a play that was politically motivated and accurately predicted the current situation in Somalia. The play was composed many years before the collapse of the Somali government by the famous playwright Hadraawi who tried to alert the then Somali government to the dangers that lay ahead for Somalia:

"Hal la qalay raqdeed baa,

Lagu soo qamaamoo,

Qalalaasihii baa,

Ninba qurub haleeloo,

Laba waliba qaybteed,

Qorraxday ku dubatoo,

Qoloftiyo laftii baa,

Lagu leqay qalaylkee;

Qosol wuxu ka joogaa,

Qubanaa dambeeyee,

Weli qaba hamuuntee,

Buuraha qotada dheer,

Ka arkaaya qiiqee,

Qarka soo jafaayee"

The Somali piece above can be roughly translated as:

"A slaughtered she-camel,

was fought over by many contenders.

In the ensuing confusion,

each person got hold of a tiny piece,

and cooked it in the sun.

Even the bones and skin,

were swallowed in the dry.

What humors me most,

are those who are still left,

hungry for a share,

seeing the smoke,

from high mountains,

clambering down,

to reach an empty spot"

Somalia is indeed like the she-camel of Hadrawi; slaughtered, fought over, divided and disappearing slowly from the map of the earth under the very eyes of its sons who have opted to watch helplessly as it splinters into tiny pieces fought over by power-hungry clan-motivated leaders.

Rayale and his administration in Somaliland are ready to collaborate with the devil to get recognition and break away. Ex-security officers would have no place in a united Somalia: there goes a big chunk of the she-camel.

Adde Muse and his corrupt cronies are ready to sell oil and mining exploration rights to the highest bidder in the hope of getting rich quickly before a credible government stops their follies: there goes another big chunk of the camel.

The TFG may reward the invading Abyssinians with direct access to Somali ports and in the process allow millions of hungry Ethiopians to settle in the fertile deltas of the Juba and the Shabelle rivers: there goes the major chunk of the camel, the bread basket of the country.

The Asmara group including the fanatic Shabab desire the establishment of an Islamic State that would allow millions of fellow Muslims to settle in Somalia in the name of Islamic brotherhood. Their influence in the South is gaining momentum: there goes the final chunk.

So what is left for other Somalis, the ones described by Hadrawi as clambering down the mountains trying to reach the smoke still smoldering over the remains of the camel? You guessed right, very little indeed.

I hope Hadrawi would start composing again and help Somalis salvage what is left of the she-camel before it vanishes completely.

the source is

http://www.hiiraan.com/ for those of who might be interested.

I had never seen Soomaalis of all walks of life meel saan iskugu timid, except during ciid times, which lately doesn't happen like that either.

I am glad to see the our Soomaali community gathering one place and united.

socdaalkiinabaddaeexadraawitorontooct250

Xaajiyo Daleys still kicking.