Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Osama bin Laden: is he alive and well in Washington DC

The US and other countries have spent much time and effort hunting down Osama bin Laden, to no avail. Maybe it's time to be thinking outside the box – and when it comes to thinking outside the box, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the president of Iran, has few peers.

Ahmadinejad sat down with ABC's George Stephanopoulos for an interview yesterday. In a wide-ranging and at times surreal exchange, Stephanopoulos asked the Iranian president about reports that bin Laden was secretly living in Tehran. Some less-than-Pulitzer Prize-winning journalism from Stephanopoulos followed. "Your question is laughable," was Ahmadinejad's response. Sadly, things went downhill from there, as you can see from the transcript:

Stephanopoulos:
If you did know that Osama bin Laden was in Tehran, would you show him hospitality? Would you expel him? Would you arrest him?

Ahmadinejad:
I heard that Osama bin Laden is in Washington DC.

Stephanopoulos:
No, you didn't.

Ahmadinejad: Yes, I did. He's there. Because he was a previous partner of Mr Bush. They were colleagues in fact in the old days. You know that. They were in the oil business together. They worked together. Mr bin Laden never cooperated with Iran but he cooperated with Mr Bush.

Later:

Stephanopoulos:
But you deny categorically that he's in Tehran today? He is not, Osama bin Laden is not in Tehran today?

Ahmadinejad: Rest assured that he's in Washington. I think there's a high chance he's there.

Stephanopoulos:
I don't agree. Thank you for your time, Mr President.

You're probably thinking: that's just plain nuts. And you'd be right. But think about it. Washington DC by its nature, with all its embassies and organisations such as the IMF, is the ideal place for a wealthy outsider to blend into. Plus, there's some nice museums and Osama could indulge his interest in foreign policy. (Although he would probably live in Bethesda, where half of the World Bank resides, and technically that's Maryland but let's not quibble.)

But Ahmadinejad can't be right. If Bin Laden really lived in DC he would have gone to the White House correspondents dinner on Saturday, along with other celebrities such as Justin Bieber. After all, Rupert Murdoch was there.

:D

Polanyi   

If it wasn't for a Somali Businessman knocking out Bin Laden's grandfather and sending him back across the Red Sea, then Bin Laden would have probably been a Miskeen Arab in Somalia.

The Iranian president is a nut-basket you would love to hate but can't because he is so entertaining and undeniably intelligent. I think he does this to confuse world leaders. But I dare say, he put that guy in his place. Stupidh fooqul stupidh! Did he really think the president was going to admit even if he was hosting Bin Laden??

ailamos   

^^ because he, like Bush, is not the presidential type and says outlandish things that more often than not are undiplomatic... and why is Stephanopoulos asking these ridiculous questions?

^^^Nonsense, the western media portial of the man aside, he is an educated, austere man who is proud of his nation.

Again try one more time.

Well, he lost me@ "The Holocust didnt happen." Anyone who blatantly refuses to deny reason and facts is a nutjob in my book.It aint like WWII was a century ago, it just happened. People who fought in the war are still alive. Also, he likes to be outrageous for the sake of starting controversy.

Well, he lost me@ "The Holocust didnt happen." Anyone who blatantly refuses to deny reason and facts is a nutjob in my book.

C&H with all due respect, he has never said it did not happen. He stated that he doubted the numbers and the fact that the Palastinians did not cause it. Yet they suffer the brunt of those who seek revenge for the actions of Nazi Germany.

Anyhow, the man is an elected head of state. Should be accorded the same respect as anyother, and not be insulted.

The number, 6 million is an estimate considering how many Jews disappeared after the war was over. Does he have evidence to refute it? Of course not.

No one claims Palastinians caused it horta. It just made him sound more confused.

All I see is an intelligent man who likes controversy, sort of like Bush and his weird speeches.

Maadeey,

Your hatred for anything GAAL overwhelms your senses so no argument from me. Of course some Catholic priests deny it because it is an embarrassment really, specially since they practiced their own genocide and expressed anti-semite statements all throughout.

^L0L. H.E the President of the republic of Somalia,the right Sheikh Shareef is at least a few inches taller than those two nut cases(ahmadnutjob & george stephana...wareva his name is)