Sign in to follow this  
LayZie G.

A true Muslim: An Imam risks his life in order to lend a voice to Ban Burqa

For 38 yr old Imam HASSEN CHALGHOUMI, 13imam-articleInline.jpg the choice to lend a voice to the Burqa Ban or to remain silent and allow his community to remain ignorant of the Islamic teaching and risk death threat is clear one: Lend your voice, do the right thing and be in Allah's mercy and seek his guidance and protection for he will reward you in the hereafter.

Chalghoumi is not a headline grabber, he is just a simple Imam looking to stand firm for his beliefs and protect his community from the criminals who lure the young ones to take up causes that are sometimes fabricated and outright lies about western antagonism and 'the need to globally rid of infidels', etc.

For this young Imam, weighting the risks, he had no other alternative but to denounce the awful garment they call Burqa, calling it 'ignorant' and 'backward' and adding that 'it had no place in our Koran' to the NYT columinist and for that, I applaud this hero of all heros, young, Imam Hassen Chalghoumi for his bravery.

His Muslim community as well as some members of his close knit congregatation are calling for him to step down as an Imam at the local Masjid in Drancy and threatening to harm him for speaking his mind and speaking with such strong convinction. They are not threatenening to Kill the young Imam because he spoke ill of the quranic teachings or called the prophet names but simply telling the truth that 'NIQAB HAS NO PLACE IN THIS WORLD OR THE NEXT'.(nada)= death by stonning

Please read the article on the NYTIMES to get to know more about this hero and his young, precious family. 'Death to Muslim Imam' for supporting the Burqa Ban in France

N.O.R.F   

I REALLY DON'T FEEL THE NEED TO EXPLAIN MYSELF by Profound B. Shakoorah

Bismillah

I really don’t feel the need to explain myself

Except for educational purposes only

Simply because you can only see my eyes

Does not make you superior to me

So interested in my appearance

Yet I am not my hair

My body

Nor my face

I don these garments

So I can walk with dignity

I don these garments

So I can walk with grace

The attention is not welcomed

Yet it is warranted indeed

Although it may not be obligatory

I do feel the need

Every man doesn’t deserve to see my beauty

Our beauty is a sacred God-given gift

So we must take heed

Yet the ignorant remarks are ridiculous

Thinking I have no personality

Lacking education

Or oppressed

I am neither of the above

Nor anything in between

Thinking too highly of oneself

Attempting to demean

But with or without my veil

I am me

And if my inner beauty cannot shine from within

Regardless of the garments that I don

Then I am nobody

For if I cared what people thought

I would not dress this way

The Prophet Muhammad

Peace Be Upon Him once said

Islam began as something strange

And it will end as something strange

So give glad tidings to the strange

Yet I sense your curiosity

I do this for my Lord alone

Because I need my faith to increase

And I refuse to be judged

By my outer beauty

As it does not

Define me

So please

Stop staring

Kindly

L.G if this is not some more of your typical drama queen posts and you are not just putting on a show for us .. you seriously need some help.

you've beaten this issue to death and you refuse to listen to any reason.

you have a minimal understanding of Islam just enough to be dangerous but not enough to know that you are digging yourself into a hole.

many nomads have patiently (ibti gets most of the credit here) walked you through the reasoning of why the burqa is not anti-islam and the and held your hand every step of the way .. but you are either too dense to comprehend how ridiculous your stance is, or you know and are just addicted to the attention.

you've started multiple threads on this same issue you were engaged in each one ... and when you were shown the weakness of your logic you run away and start a new thread.

please tell me why anyone should engage in a serious debate with you ? if you are incapable or unwilling to coherently defend your position and as soon as your backed into a corner disappear for a few days only to return with more of this nonsense.

Johnny B   

Originally posted by Geel_jire:

L.G if this is not some more of your typical drama queen posts and you are not just putting on a show for us .. you seriously need some help.

you have a minimal understanding of Islam just enough to be dangerous but not enough to know that you are digging yourself into a hole.

many nomads have patiently (ibti gets most of the credit here) walked you through the reasoning of why
the burqa is not anti-islam
and the and held your hand every step of the way .. but you are either too dense to comprehend how ridiculous your stance is, or you know and are just addicted to the attention.

you've started multiple threads on this same issue you were engaged in each one ... and when you were shown the weakness of your logic you run away and start a new thread.

please tell me why anyone should engage in a serious debate with you ? if you are incapable or unwilling to coherently defend your position and as soon as your backed into a corner disappear for a few days only to return with more of this nonsense.

All your blubber and personal menace is revealed by the "RED" statament in your Post.

I must congartualate Layzie for her constant patience and unweavering upfront towards Islamists ( mostlty ignorantly extreme in their interpretations )who glue the Burka into Islam, while miserably failing to account for it's Islamicness except to the meek argument of the Burka being just another garment that fullfills the modesty Islam encourages Muslim women to maintain.

There seem to be no position left for the Burka extremists except constantly moving the goal, Position 1: "burka is Islamic " to Position 2. "The Burka is islamically not forbidden " to today's further movement of the goal , namly "the Burka is not anti-islam ".

Can you due her alleged ignorance in Islamic teachinsg substantatively engage her , without moving the goal even further and saying " Burka is Muslim-friendly ".?

:D

^ You have trouble with comprehension abti.

That sentence that you based your entire rant on is not something I came up with .. if you scroll up a little more you will see this

Originally posted by LayZie G.:

They are not threatenening to Kill the young Imam because he spoke ill of the quranic teachings or called the prophet names but
simply telling the truth that 'NIQAB HAS NO PLACE IN THIS WORLD OR THE NEXT'.(nada)= death

put aside the fact that L.G still cannot tell the difference between the niqaab and the burga which further highlights the ignorance I was talking about she has been shown time and again that her claims i.e burqa being anti-islam are bogus. that is the meaning of your little red selection.

adigu gaal baad tahay Johhnny you have much bigger problems to worry about than a mere burqa. you do not even believe in the existence of the almighty creator .. so why should the minutie of a religion you do not believe in concern you ?

in other words why should I indulge you in a discussion of what constitutes a hijab in Islam and what does not .. if you are not a Muslim to begin with ?

Ibtisam   

Here we go again. The train is never late. :rolleyes:

Anaga aya walaan out of the lot, leave Johnny and Lazy to do their bashing. Wax uu sheego wuu uga tara you know. :D

What I do interesting though is this part

…; he opposes religious radicalism and promotes a “republican Islam” focused on France; he is ecumenical; and he favors dialogue with France’s Jews.

And then later in the article

French Islam is dominated by the original nationalities of adherents, who remain close to their embassies, and to political trends imported from the Middle East. “When you have an Islam divided into trends, manipulated by foreign states, you have an Islam of nationalists,” he said. “But here most Muslims don’t want that; they wish to have an Islam of France, adapted to their lives, and an imam whose sermons are in accordance with their own problems.”

an Islam of France would basically just replace the original cultural/ nationalities with French culture. I think he fails to grasp that in France they will always be strangers. Look at the France black population who have tried to blend in so hard yet much like the Muslims remain marginalized. It would be interesting to see how and what ideas if any he has for his community aside from the Burqa bashing.

Ibti, do you deny that this thread is informative?

Why is is that Muslims, when confronted with the truth, turn the other cheek? Typical of you people not to confront what is happening in communities all over europe and not just France.

A small town Imam lends his support to a garment that we all know is out of this world and the reaction is to fire him from his post and and at the same time 'kill him' for selling out the crooks.

Why wish someone who voiced his opinion, a spiritual man death? Why? What did he do that was so bad that he deserved nothing less than slaying, stoning etc?

His community could have engaged him in an open dialog and discussed the subject thats of much controversy because not only would they have learned something from their Imam, Ibti you too would have benefited his sermons, thats the reality here. This Imam has much to offer, whether he has a book coming or he wants a republic based religion, thats beside the point.

My hope is that more Imams come out and speak against this menace to society and the more people speak out in public, the more distance we will put between burqa/niqab and Islam. (JB had a point, it should start with the Muslim leaders who will have to change the attitudes of the umma if we are to hope this garment will be banned from streets near you)

PS:Geelka, I will not read anything that is written by you, unless you are willing to engage in debate about this topic or any other, until then, dont waste your time addressing me.

I really dont understand why people are asking for the Imam to step down. He is entitled to his own opinion and a discussion is part of religion. Niqaab/Burqa is not a prerequisite for a Muslimah's Hijaab it is her personal choice and could be a sign of her Taqwa(Remember not everyone wears it for religion some do for cultural/family reasons). The commandment we were given was to cover our hair, bossom and lower our gaze. I know some people took it to the extreme but there is no proof that our Mothers in Islam had Niqaabs instead we have proof they covered their hair, chest and what could be seen (hands and feet).

Cabdow   

Originally posted by Geel_jire:

many nomads have patiently (ibti gets most of the credit here) walked you through the reasoning of why the burqa is not anti-islam and the and held your hand every step of the way .. but you are either too dense to comprehend how ridiculous your stance is, or you know and are just addicted to the attention.

Enough said!