Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Mugabe's Zanu-PF loses majority

He was once(70-80's) considered to be an great statesman by these same western felons but demonised after he refused to be their poodle. And he was darn right to get the stolen land back it's original owners but his politics/approach wasn't smart. He would've done that gradually, not in hasty as he did.

In another note he spent 10 years in prison for his country just as the Great Nkurumah, Kenyatta, mandela and others did.

But as for now and the for the goodness of his country he should step down. He can't afford to starve his people just because he's a beef with a dim wit in a poshy suburb in London.

MZanzi   

Originally posted by Malika:

Look at Mbeki now, how can a country like South Africa have shortage of electricity? These African leaders wallahi make such a shamble of anything they undertake..

Malika madowga su jirkooda umadow yahay ayeey caqligooda umadawyahay ...Mbeki south africa wu ku dul kaadshay

I was Visiting South africa last year and I liked it very much. I saw both JHB And cape town you have to see the mother city .aka cape Town so clean and so beautifull.

koronto La'aan aaba hada kubilaabatay i wonder how are they gonna host the world cup

Malika   

^Thats the begining of things falling apart,tommorrow it will be shortage of water,food etc etc

I so want to see South Africa,must find friends there.I am a cheap skate,only goes to places where one can have free accomodation... smile.gif

MZanzi   

somalida waxey kuleyihin hotel very JIIIB and clean ah

and dont worry dadka meesha JOOGO Mashaxaad badna ;)

Faynuus   

A hero he was. I love him though he made many foolish mistakes he was a true nationalist unlike his opponents who are western stooges.

Waxaanse la yaabe afrikaankaan sidii cadaanka u fakaraaya. Why is giving the land BACK to it is rightful owners a racist move? yaabka yaabkiis.

Some people's political opinion can be easily swayed by Western media.

The blame is not at the feet of his adminstration of how Simbaabwe's economic deteriorated and eventually collapsed. It was almost purely the result of British-led economic sanctions against his country. Any impartial person can see that.

Why the sanctions?

It is the result of his policies of redistributing the commercial lands to their rightful former owners, the native people. Who give the White colonials the lands before? Themselves baa isa siiye. Now the British and her allies boycotted to buy what the farmers produced; then they cut the economic aid. What do you expect the result since this is a typical African country?

Now, if he is gone the problem will be gone? Of course, that is what the anti-Mugabe allies say. Britain is already promising a billion pound economic aid package.

If Koonfur Afrika does what Simbaabwe did, I am sure it will be the same story and Thabo Mbeki will be vilified in no time.

Mugabe's only problem was a typical Afrikaan mentality -- staying in power too long and redistributing some of the lands to his allies and cronies.

Som@li   

When Zimbabwe gained independence 46.5% of the country's arable land was owned by around 6,000 commercial (white) farmers.

this is not acceptable, Mugabe refused to bow down to west,He will always be remembered one of the greatest leaders in Africa. smile.gif

Fabregas   

OMAWALE CLAY: Can I finish? You’re going into people’s heads and you’re telling me what the people of Zimbabwe, what they really want to do. The people of Zimbabwe fought a national liberation war. It wasn’t a few individuals, it was a mass of Zimbabweans, armed and supporting their right to self-determination. It is 25 years since that time. It is a new democracy, but it is a very clear one on the question of which direction they want to go on. The people of Zimbabwe can choose for themselves who their leadership is and they have resoundingly chosen that. The MDC has been a product of British imperialism. It has been financed by the farmers. It has been financed by the West. In fact, I quote to you, Margaret, Chester Crocker, the Assistant Secretary of State of African Affairs when they were passing the Zimbabwe Democracy Act, one of the points he made to the Senators in testimony, and you can go to the testimony, so it is not something that’s in my head, you can go to the testimony, he said, “To separate the Zimbabwean people from Zanu PF we are going to have to make their economy scream, and I hope you Senators have the stomach for what you have to do.” That is a clear statement that the real problem that they have in Zimbabwe is the marriage between the Zimbabwean people and their national liberation forces. Zanu PF is the people of Zimbabwe

http://www.democracynow.org/2005/4/1/the_zimbabwe_elections_opposition_accuses_mugabe

Malika   

MMA,

Please dont insult my intelligence by making assumption my knowledge and opinion of Mugabe is based on what the Western Media report.This isnt the first time you have made those assumption brother,I understand you might think some of us are that shallow..but we arent!! Dont underestimate us please.

I believe we had discuss this last year on this link below;

http://www.somaliaonline.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/6/8225

The west this,the white man this..I find this kind of thinking rather limited[there my assumption of people]..Lol

Originally posted by Malika:

MMA,

Please dont insult my intelligence by making assumption my knowledge and opinion of Mugabe is based on what the Western Media report.This isnt the first time you have made those assumption brother,I understand you might think some of us are that shallow..but we arent!! Dont underestimate us please.

I believe we had discuss this last year on this link below;

The west this,the white man this..I find this kind of thinking rather limited[there my assumption of people]..Lol

Intee ila aaday, abaayadiis? I did not mean to offend you, ee ma'ogi why you took it personal. Mugaabe lee ka hadleynay, I don't know why aad shaqsi ahaan ugu qaadatay my opinion.

It is a fact, dear, Western media always spin the news into their strategic interests. Nothing new in this, and whoever does not read between the lines is a naive. Unfortunately, a lot of people are swayed by this, taking news as it was presented, not closely examining the root causes of any given conflict and the bias from the presenter or news feeder.

I just never take Western media's news reports of any conflict as a face value. Just take a look of how they spin what they report from Venezuela and the president of that country, Hugo Chavez. Some of them go into extremes, portraying him a dictator when in fact he is more democratically -- and more popularly -- elected than the so-called 'leader of the free world,' Bush.