Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

Icelandic local delicacy

Baashi   

Hakarl which is basically kaluun la qurmiyay is what the locals serve to their guests (new arrivals). It's the local delicacy and you gotta fake it. Ah this is the acquired taste.

The other thing I noticed is that folks take their shoes off before they enter in the buildings *shoppings, banks, etc. Oh! pretty women too...

To perform salad prayer is very difficult too...7 hours of day time...and you would never see the face of the sun only its rays (winter).

I gotta run.

Sida kale shax shax

Castro   

^ Shax shax atheer. Good to see you old man. Remember, as cold as Iceland is, it's not the size of the coat but the length of the aw-cumar that counts. :D

Johnny B   

welcome to this part of the globe Graad, You seem to have yet discover the famous hot natural volcanic bubbling water and the the steamy mud that keeps you young in Iceland.

The scene of my Graad skiing slalom is to die for. :D

Abaadir   

Ma kaluun carfoon baa jira. Wax un baa ka soo shiira ama hada bada ha laga soo bixiyo ama waa hore hala qalee.

Aniga iyo reer Bari maxaa na kala haysta.

War soo dhacyeey, soo dhacyeey..War baashoow nafta ka waran awoowe? :D

Baashoow, sheekooyin fara badan baan kuu hayaa, rag baa lagaa celcelin waayey ee sida ugu dhaqso badan u soo noqo :D:D

Ps: oo Iceland ma gaaney taloow??

STOIC   

Let me gulped hard and defy Logic here to say that this Baashi welcome reminds me back in the days when the convoy of khat arrived and people yelled "Wuusodhacay!!!!".Saaxiib, welcome back with your humility and tranquility and please try to insinuate us on the "Young, Fabuluos and Broke" issue of 2006 :D !!!

Jacpher   

War Baashoow sow tii la yiri, cuna maleyga waa shey macaanee...cuna... Waaxey qurmuunka aad sheegeysid. It’s wuu carfayaa saaxiib. It’s a healthy meal with all the nutrients your body needs.

Abaadir, sanka miyaad qabsataa markaad cuneysid?

Waryaadaha..Baashe bustaha ayuu dhexda ka galay..ee warka ka daaya, waa idin sidee?

Wlc bck Baashe..At least you can claim you prayed in a land where the sun doesn't shine!

Cheers

Baashi   

Abraar FYI Hakarl is a fermented shark. Now imagine that! It’s very weird food I can tell ya that!

Johnny the SOL stud do you know any Somalis in Iceland? If you do, pm me please. I’m looking for bilcaan aan qudbo siraysto :D in my short stay here in Iceland. The cold is unbearable and qandac is in order smile.gif . Nah! It is 4 to 6 Celsius.

On a serious note, I’m heading to your neck of the wood in a few months time (probably mid May). If you live in Stockholm and have spare time we can sip earl grey together ala maryooleey style…what say you my boy JB?

Akhyaarta time is not my side and I don’t have the luxury of chit chatting with you anymore. And when I do have time to spare I have hard time getting reliable wi-fi signal (we do have one in our residence but it hardly works…signal is excellent yet it doesn’t work as it should).

With no reliable internet access the place is so boring…not to mention the fact that I forgot to bring books to read with me.

Legend, we have several Aussies colleagues transferred from Brisbane working on this project. What an accent!!

Athena, kujecli, I love you too icon_razz.gif .

Xiin faniin awoowe it is all good.

Castro, how have you been? Shax shax I hope.

Bishaaro haaheeyo…yac rabshada baayo.

Stoic bro, are you done with schooling yet or you are about to?

Checkmate sxb igu akhri.

Ducaysane iyo Farax cagaar awoowayaal khayr iyo khayraad oo dee belo ma jidho haday jidhana ma buudhna .

Keyboard layout is different!!!!