Sign in to follow this  
uchi

World Aids Day 2005

uchi   

Claims 5 people every minute, 8,000 lives every day.

The virus: HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus)

Effect: AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome)

As a citizen of this planet, give up 10 minutes of your time by educating yourself about this virus, and the people it effects.

Get Involved - Wear the ribbon

http://www.worldaidsday.org/

http://www.unaids.org

Castro   

^ Now that white South Africans have lost power to the blacks, the only way they could rid themsleves of the locals is to infect them with HIV/AIDS virus and once they do that, prevent them from getting real treatment or access to prevention (new anti-retroviral meds).

How's that for a conspiracy theory?

Pucca   

safe sex? no sex? ...many options but hardly any 'smart' folks out there.

religion doesn't seem to be keeping folks from poking one another ...bout time parents *yes even somali parents* sat down with their kids and gave them the 411 on safe sex; cant stop them? then might as well save them...

:rolleyes: ...happy aids day?

muunad   

puca.. :confused:

it's not about them being smart it's the lack of education.

proof- some of the men infected are offered virging that are 'supposedly' going to cure them of thier sickness. so do u think that had the families know what it was and how it transmits they would continue that tradition. i think not.

-we are all bron with the same brain :cool:

Originally posted by Pucca:

safe sex? no sex? ...many options but hardly any 'smart' folks out there.

religion doesn't seem to be keeping folks from poking one another ...bout time parents *yes even somali parents* sat down with their kids and gave them the 411 on safe sex; cant stop them? then might as well save them...

:rolleyes: ...happy aids day?

You gotta be kidding me Pucca. Your stup*dity truly annoys me. How can you just label people "dumb" when it is merely the lack of resources and proper understanding of AIDS. This disease is not native to them but i am not here to explain simple details to you. So go learn more about the issue before you post again.

Originally posted by Despotic-Hitlerette*:

^^Low on oxygen are we? I don't speak monkey. Flush the pills.

LoooooL.&^&&% Alert.Hahahaha.

Out of sheer freaking curiosity[This is a rhetorical Question FYI], suppose say i am low on Oxygen,why would i flush the pills? :(

Back to tha topic: Any of you gone for a checkup?

Foxy   

Its really sad to see that In many societies people living with HIV and AIDS are often seen as shameful.

Stigma about HIV is so great in both developing and delevopled nations, that most people should start changing our views on the believe that those who contract the Virus were either engaged in illect sex,prostitutes , or were of homosexuals group or were may be the injecting drug use type as if the disease was hugely associated with behaviours.

People living with HIV/AIDS are often thought of as being responsible for becoming infected

Religious or moral beliefs lead some people to believe that having HIV/AIDS is the result of moral fault (such as promiscuity or 'deviant sex') that deserves to be punished.

alot of innocent children are born with HIV postive through no fault of theirs, some people contract through blood transfusion, some through unprotected sex and some through their own trusted partners!

Its virtually impossible to contract HIV through every day activities, yet most people in some societies who might come in contact with HIV Infected individuals tend to stay a mile away from them as if they were going to contract the virus on the spot.

It would be only humane to remind ourselves that poeple with HIV postive are normal beings that would love to live the full life with respect and dignity, with out discrimination or without being reminded every damn minute its becouse of their behaviour that they got such a disease, They are already living with a burden as it is

cheers

get out there and help out, the least You could do is buy a ribbon

Pucca   

it's not about them being smart it's the lack of education.

proof- some of the men infected are offered virging that are 'supposedly' going to cure them of thier sickness. so do u think that had the families know what it was and how it transmits they would continue that tradition. i think not.

I’ve heard of such things before and yea I totally agree with you that they lack education; my aunt who recently came from ethiopia was telling me yesterday how the somali men back there *ethiopia* constantly remarry in hopes of 'getting rid' of the disease...ignorance? yup.

However I wasn’t talking about aid victims living in third world countries…my “less than smart people comment†was about those living in North America. One doesn’t need to turn to Africa to see how serious Aids is spreading when you’re living in a city where thousands are infected. Yes there are cases of Somali folks with the aids disease and that’s why I said parents need to sit down with their kids and educate them b/c our Somali teens are damn reckless. Forget Africa for now…I’m talking bout home, here…Toronto.

You gotta be kidding me Pucca. Your
stup*dity
truly annoys me. How can you just label people "dumb" when it is merely the lack of resources and proper understanding of AIDS. This disease is not native to them but i am not here to explain simple details to you. So go learn more about the issue before you post again.

:confused: i shall not annoy you anymore then...

by the way wlc back