Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Big Brother - The Somalis have arrived

NGONGE   

Heh. Says the guy with the Homer Simpson aviator!

Glass houses, limp wrists and lots of stones spring to mind.. :rolleyes:

AYOUB   

Originally posted by Vanquish_V12:

I am astonished some1 would post this crap,
n more so by the number of responses.

icon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

N.O.R.F   

small minds do indeed talk about people

So do bigger brains talk about people talking about people? :rolleyes: icon_razz.gif

Curly   

Sadly I use to like Vanquish, till he decided to be so snobby and look down his nose at us. Well Vanquish if you can’t say anything nice then don’t say anything at all!

And I don’t see you starting any “better” topics; so I guess we’ll have to make do with talking about something that we find interesting! Which I thought was the point of SOL, but then again I could be mistaken!

Oh God! This is too much for me to comprehend… I’m confusing my little head! :confused:

**Stares blankly into space**

Nephissa   

Shaqo la'aanta idin haysa waynaa! Focus on the show, not the dude. Its all about the game, he may hugged a lesbian, or drunk a wine, so what? Who said Somalis should all behave the same? you'r a homophobic? <<>>> Don't expect others to be like you.

Mideeda kale, why do you people assume every Somali is Muslim? Even if Ahmed is Muslim as his name suggests whatever he does is between him and Allah. He's there to play a game and win it too. So beat it.

I almost forgot I started this topic. Gotta agree..fight nite was da bomb!! so much fun!! I love reality TV, I'm pretty hooked on BB this year...I dont care what any1 says...its da best programme on TV :D

Ahmed has toned down a lot..he seems to be disappearin in the background...good for him tho, he wasnt nominated this week..and quite unlikely the next. Victor and Jason seem to be have taken the most 'hated' position!

Go AHMED!! smile.gif

*<---- Just hyper 2day*

Paragon   

The name 'Somali' is sacred not, rather, its like football; it enters in whichever goal-net ones kicks it to.

NGONGE   

Shaqo la'aanta idin haysa waynaa! Focus on the show, not the dude. Its all about the game, he may hugged a lesbian, or drunk a wine, so what? Who said Somalis should all behave the same? you'r a homophobic? <<>>> Don't expect others to be like you.

Mideeda kale, why do you people assume every Somali is Muslim? Even if Ahmed is Muslim as his name suggests whatever he does is between him and Allah. He's there to play a game and win it too. So beat it.

I thought we already did this!

It’s not about the show, dear. It’s all about this guy. I personally would not have bothered with the fifth serious of Big Brother if this guy were not in it. When people use the words “ it’s not for you to judge, it’s for Allah to judge him”, they make it sound as if they revealed some big secret the rest of humanity didn’t know off! It’s a nice way to completely end a discussion. What sane person would argue against that, huh? Well, the discussion is not over. We’re not planning to burn him or send him to some sort of mortal paradise. We’re judging his actions in relation to us. If you’ve got to defend his actions, by all means, do so. Just don’t turn it into a xisaab and ceqaab issue. Otherwise, every discussion on this board will turn into one. icon_razz.gif

The name 'Somali' is sacred not, rather, its like football; it enters in whichever goal-net ones kicks it to.

Of course it’s like football. It’s like the English hooligans in Portugal, saaxib. The law-abiding majority can’t help but cringe and recoil every time they see or hear of their exploits in another Portuguese city. It’s not scared but there is nothing wrong with wanting it to signify something better than this! :mad:

When some1 says they are muslims, they are. Period. Shouldn't be a discussion about its validity! We don't know what's in his heart at the end of the day, and that really is for ALLAH to judge.

I think the problem lies in us associating or identifying ourselves with a person because he/she happens to be somali or muslim. Then we judge them to no-ends as if they were us, and had the exact same upbringing and education, and come from the same family, etc. If I see a muslim OR Somali acting a fool on TV, I would be slightly amused (I lie, I would be EXTREMELY amused), but to say this is what he should or shouldnt be doing...is a bit much for me. Now, If that person does something good, we should be proud for him/her.

PS: This is reality TV folks, and the game is in the EDITING!

PSS: more somalis should audition for Real World *hehe* just kiddin'! No but really.....

Paragon   

It’s not scared but there is nothing wrong with wanting it to signify something better than this!

NGONGE, when I contemplated what the name 'Somali' stands for, I realised that we have been fed an ancestral lie. Whether one endeavours to signify the name 'Somali' with better things or not, the 'Essence of Somaliness' (which happens to be the title of a piece of writing I am currently working on) is itself questionable. Somaliness hides uglier things than a big brother member, it MAY BE a sham!

War Cusub!! Somalis ventured to reality t.v?? :eek:

Barwaaqo, do me a favor and tape the show and ship it to me? Thanks hon.

I vowed against reality tv. this summer, but I gotta see this one. I have to see it to believe it.

Tamina,

Sure luv...I only need to work out how to operate the video-recorder first.

<--- technically challenged. redface.gif

But I gotta say, u missed the best Ahmed performance on Sunday night, not only did he come out of his shell for a while but...get this...HE DANCED!!! Khataroos moves too. Bound to impress the new housemate Becki, in who's honour he was dancing. ;)

Am sure Seven of Nine will update you all in time.