Sign in to follow this  
BOB

Heart Song.

BOB   

Once upon a time there was a great man who married the woman of his dreams. with their love, they've been blessed with a little boy, he was bright and cheerful little boy and the great man loved him very much.

When he was very little, he would pick him up, hum a tune and dance with him around the room, and he would tell him I Love You, My Little Boy.

When the little boy was growing up, the great man would hug him and tell him I Love You, My Little Boy and the little boy would pout and say 'I'm not a little boy anymore' then the man would laugh and say But to me, you'll always be my little boy.

The little boy who-was-not-little-anymore left his home and went into the world to get education in a very far away land and life experience. As he learned more about himself, he learned more about the man. he saw that he truly was a great and strong, for now he recognized his strengths. one of his strengths was his ability to express his Unconditional Love to his family. it didn't matter where he went in the world, the man would call him and say I Love You, My Little Boy.

The day came when the little boy who-was-not-little-anymore received a phone call. The great man was sick and dying...the great man couldn't talk anymore and they weren't sure that he could understand the words spoken to him...they explained. He could no longer smile, laugh, walk, hug, dance or tell the little boy who-was-not-little-anymore that he loved him.

And so he went to the side of the great man. When he walked into the room and saw him, he looked small and not strong at all, he looked at him and tried to speak, but he could not.

The little boy did the only thing he could do, he climbed up on the bed next to his hero, his idol, the great man. tears ran down from both of their eyes and he drew his arms around the small shoulders of his father.

His head on his father's chest, he thought of many things. he remembered the wonderful times together and he'd always felt protected, loved and cherished by the great man, he felt grief for the loss he was about to endure, the words of love that had comforted him time and again all through his life.

And then he heard from within the man, the beat of his heart, the heart where the music and the words had always lived. the heart beat on, steadily unconcerned about the damage to the rest of the body. and while he rested there, the magic happened, he heard what he needed to hear. his heart beat out the words that his mouth could no longer say.

I Love You

I Love You

I Love You, My Little Boy

and he was comforted and he remembered when his father spoke to him, he always began the conversation with Have I told You Yet Today How Much I Love You and Adore You? and those memories brought smile to his face and made him weep with agony as he sensed the demise of his beloved father was beckoning and this will be the last time he will feel his father's frail old body against his and that was the most painful part for the little boy who-was-not-little-anymore to deal with.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Showqi   

Originally posted by BOB:

The little boy who-was-not-little-anymore left his home and went into the world to get education in a very far away land and life experience. As he learned more about himself, he learned more about the man. he saw that he truly was a great and strong, for now he recognized his strengths. one of his strengths was his ability to express his
Unconditional Love
to his family. it didn't matter where he went in the world, the man would call him and say
I Love You, My Little Boy

Peace, Love & Unity.

Geeridu waa xaq. And the old man got the chance to say goodby to his family. I think the old man must be happy and satisfied at the end.

BOB   

Malika & Juxa I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you guys sad...Samahani Tafadali smile.gif

Showqi You're absolutely right my brother...the old man and his son were happy to have had the opportunity to say Good Bye to one another in the end.

Haatu Speechless huh? Did I really do that to you? :D

Shukulaato & Malab Sorry to disappoint you Ma'am...I promise I'll try my hardest next time Insha Allah.

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

On Courage

"So you think I'm courageous?" She asked.

"Yes, I do" I replied.

"Perhaps I am. But that's because I've had some inspiring teachers. I'll tell you about one of them. Many years ago, when I worked as a volunteer at local Hospital, I got to know a little girl named Leila who was suffering from a rare and serious disease. Her only chance of recovery appeared to be a blood transfusion from her five year-old younger brother Anwar, who had miraculously survived the same disease and had developed the antibodies needed to combat the illness. the doctor explained the situation to the little boy, and asked the boy if he would be willing to give his blood to his older sister. I saw him hesitate for only a moment before taking a deep breath and saying "Yes, I'll do it if it will save Leila".

"As the transfusion progressed, he lay in a bed next to his sister and smiled, as we all did, seeing the colour returning to her cheeks. then his face grew pale and his smile faded. He looked up at the doctor and asked with a trembling voice "Will I start to die right away?"

"Being young, the boy had misunderstood the doctor, he thought he was going to have to give her all his blood in order to save his older sister's life".

"Yes I've learned courage" She added. "Because I've had inspiring teachers like Leila and Anwar". smile.gif

Peace, Love & Unity.

N.O.R.F   

Thats powerful brother. Allah Yaxamhum to all our deceased.

This is actually something that comes to my mind quite often. Parents do get older but its not so obvious unless you're away from them and only see them once or twice a year.

We carry their name and must act in the same way now and in the future.

BOB   

You're right my brother...We should all keep in constant contact with our Hooyo & Aabo and if they're deceased we should make duas for them Insha Allah.

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

Lifelong Valentine's Day

Mohamed and Maryam were an ordinary couple. they lived in an ordinary house on an ordinary street and just like any other ordinary other couple they struggled to make ends meet and to do the right things for their children and do the right thing by their friends and neighbours.

They were ordinary in yet another way...they had their squabbles, much of their conversation concerned what was wrong in their marriage and who was to blame until one day when a most extraordinary event took place.

"You know, Maryam I've got a magic chest of drawers. every time I open them, they're full of socks and underwears" Mohamed said. "I want to thank you for filling them all these years".

Maryam stared at her husband over the top of her glasses. "What do you want, Mohamed?"

"Nothing. I just want you to know that I appreciate those magic drawers."

This wasn't the first time Mohamed had done something odd, so Maryam pushed the incident out of her mind until a few days later.

"Maryam, Thank you for recording so many correct cheque numbers in the ledger this month. you put down the right numbers 15 out of 16 times. that's a record".

Disbelieving what she had heard, Maryam looked up from her mending. "Mohamed, you're always complaining about my recording the wrong cheque numbers. Why stop now?"

"No reason. I just wanted you to know that I appreciate the effort you're making."

Maryam shook her head and went back to her mending. "What's got into him?" she mumbled to herself.

Nevertheless, the next day when Maryam wrote a cheque at the supermarket, she galanced at her chequebook to confirm that she had put down the right cheque number. "Why di I suddenly care about those dumb cheque numbers?" she asked herself. she tried to disregard the incident but Mohamed's strange behaviour intensified.

"Maryam, that was a great dinner," he said one evening.

"I appreciate all your effort. Why, in the past 15 years I'll bet you've fixed over 14,000 meals for me and the kids."

Then "Woow, Maryam, the house looks unique. You've really worked hard to get it looking so good." And even "Thanks, Maryam, for just being you. I really enjoy your company and I'm lucky to have you in my life."

Maryam was growing worried 'Where has the sarcasm and the criticism disappeared into?" she wondered.

Her fears that something peculiar was happening to her husband were confirmed by 16-year-old Alwiya, who complained "Dad's gone bonkers, Mom. he just told me I looked pretty in my Abaya that he has bought for me 4 months ago, he still said it. That's not Dad, Mom. What's wrong with him?"

Whatever was wrong , Mohamed didn't get over it. Day in and day out he continued focusing on the positive.

Over the weeks, Maryam grew more accustomed to her husband's unusual behaviour and occasionally even gave him a grudging "Thank you." She prided herself on taking it all in her stride, until one day something so peculiar happened. she became completely confused by what happened next.

"I want you to take a break," Mohamed said. "I'm going to do the dishes. So please take your hands off that frying pan and leave the kitchen."

(After a Long, Long, pause) "Thank you Mohamed. Thank you very much."

Maryam's steps were now a little lighter, her self-confidence shot into the sky and once in a while she hummed. She didn't seem to have as many blue moods anymore. 'I rather like Mohamed's new behaviour," She thought.

That would be the end of the story except one day another most extraordinary event took place. This time it was Maryam who spoke.

"Mohamed, she said, "I want to thank you for going to work and providing for us all these years without ever complaining even when you were ill and barely able to get up. I don't think I've ever told you how much me and the kids appreciate it."

Mohamed finally revealed the reason for his dramatic change of behaviour after Maryam one night pushed for an answer. "I have read a book about how the Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h) used to treat his wives and I've realized how badly I've been treating you and the kids all these years and I was ashamed of myself to even look at you because I felt so guilty then I promised myself that I will treat you the way I should've treated all these years which is like a Queen because you're my Queen and I don't know what I'd have done without you so Thank You Maryam and please remember that no matter what I Will Always Love you.

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

Children Learn What They Live

If children live with criticism,

they learn to comdemn.

If children live with hostility,

they learn to fight.

If children live with fear,

they learn to be apprehensive.

If children live with pity,

they learn to feel sorry for themselves.

If children live with ridicule,

they learn to be painfully shy.

If children live with jealousy,

they learn what envy is.

If children live with shame,

they learn to feel guilty.

If children live with tolerance,

they learn to be patient.

If children live with encouragement,

they learn to be confident.

If children live with praise,

they learn to appreciate.

If children live with approval,

they learn to like themselves.

If children live with acceptance,

they learn to find love in the world.

If children live with recognition,

they learn to have a goal.

If children live with sharing,

they learn to be generous.

If children live with honesty and fairness,

they learn what truth and justice are.

If children live with security,

they learn to have faith in themselves and in those around them.

If children live with friendliness,

they learn that the world is a nice place in which to live in.

If children live with serenity,

they learn to have a peace of mind.

So Brothers and Sisters, Mothers & Fathers With What Are Your Children Living?.

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

I Love You, Son

Thoughts while driving my son to school.

Morning Kid. You look pretty sharp in your cub scout gear, not as skinny as your old man when he was a cub. I don't think my hair was ever as long until I left home for University in India, but I think I'd recognize you anyway by what you are; a little shaggy around the ears, scuffed around the toes, wrinkled in the knees...We get used to one another...

Now that you're eight I notice I don't see a whole lot of you anymore. On Eid day you left at 9 in the morning. I saw you for 42 seconds at lunch and you reappeared for supper at 6:30. I miss you, but I know you've got serious business to take care of. Certainly as serious as, if not more important than, the things the other commuters on the road are doing.

You've got to grow up and out and that's more important than clipping coupons, arranging stock options or selling people short. You've got to learn how to deal with that. You've got to learn about people and how they behave when they don't feel good about themselves-like the bullies who hang out at the bike rack and hassle the smaller kids. Yeah, you'll even have to learn how to pretend that name-calling doesn't hurt. It'll always hurt, but you'll have to put up a front or they'll call you worse names next time. I only hope you remember how it feels-in case you ever decide to rank a kid who's smaller than you.

When was the last time I told you I was proud of you? I guess if I can't remember, I've got work to do. I remember the last time I yelled at you-told you we'd be late if you didn't hurry-but, on balance, as my late Dad used to say, I haven't given you as many pats as yells. for the record in case you read this, I am proud of you. I especially like your independence, the way you take care of yourself even when it frightens me just a little bi. you've never been much of a whiner and that makes you a super kid in my book.

Why is it that fathers are so slow to realize eight-year-old boys need as many hugs as their four-old-sisters? If I don't watch out, pretty soon I'll be punching you on the arm and saying "Whaddaya say, Kid?" instead of hugging you and telling you I Love You. Life is too short to hide affection. Why is it that 8 year-olds are so slow to realize that 36-year-olds need as many hugs as four-year-olds?

Did I forget to tell you that I'm proud you went back to box lunch after one week's worth of that indigestible hot lunch? I'm glad you value your body, son.

I wish the drive weren't so short...I want to talk about last night...when your younger sister was asleep and me and Mommy let you stay up and watch the football with us. Those times are so special. There's no way you can plan them. Every time we try to plan something together, it's not as good or rich or warm. For a few all-too-short minutes it was as if you'd already grown up and we sat and talked without any words about " How are you doing in school, son?" I'd already checked your math homework the only way I could-with calculator.

You're better with numbers than I'll ever be. So, we talked about the game and you knew more about the players than I did and I learned from you. And we were both happy when our team won.

Well, there's the crossing guard, he'll probably outlive all of us. I wish you didn't have to go to school today. There are so many things I want to say and there are so many things I want to do with you.

Your exit from the car is so quick. I want to savour the moment and you've already spotted a couple of your friends.

I just wanted to say I Love You, Son.

Peace, Love & Unity.