Sign in to follow this  
umu zakaria

Unique name wanted!

Som@li   

Magacyada arab ta iska daa, Soomali u bixi.

Magacyada Gabdhaha

Deeqo

Magool

Maandeeq

Indhadeeq

Siman

Ubax

Cawralla

Cawo

Magacyada wiilasha

Geedi

Samakaab

Samatar

Dhabshid--lol

Aweys

Cawaale

Blessed   

Somali names are cute but I prefer names that Allah chose for his creation and revealed in His Book. That makes them special for me. I like a name that tells a story. My sister called my nephew Ayub and everyone was like no, ew...blah, blah... She tells them the story of Prophet Ayub and it shuts them up. :D

Anyway who says that you have to stick to one name. I've an islamic name (abused by translation) and a Somali one. My baby has an Arabic and Somali name. You just have to find two names that can carry each other. My baby is Zahra Bilan.

My fav. Somali names. Sadly, I don't know what most mean, it would be nice to have a collection of Somali names with meanings.

Barwaqo

Bilan

Haboon

Ilwaad

Idil

Hodan

Hibaad

Hoodo

Magan

Hanad

Sharma'arke

Qumane

Liibaan

Umm Zakaria

Two weeks, bas? Insha Allah khayr. Get plenty of rest sister. smile.gif

walaalo, may Allah ease the next two weaks for you and bless you with a healthy baby. Insha Allah.

haduu wiil noqdo.

ubixi.

Camaloow

xandule

xifdiye

yaxye

cilmi

Jeele

C/laahi

C/manaan

Qanyare

Sheeq shariif

Daahir

Just keep it somali name if you can.

First, congrats. Hope you have a speedy birth and recovery inshallah.

Good luck. Choosing a name for your child is very important and a huge responsiblity. I cannot imagine parents who are cruel and saddle their kids wierd names that would ensure them being permanently acquainted with the school bully's fist. Choose a name that will grow with them and suit them as a baby, a school kid, teenager, college student, employee, and spouse.

Thanks for gr8 contribution all,

Sharmaake i named my self umu zakaria when i was still a teenager abt 17yrs! coz i always dreamed of having a boy as my first born n name him zakaria then when mr. right came along and i got pregnant alxamdulilaah, my good freind and closest somali neighbour named their first born zakaria, i dont like uniformity,

so may be if i move i will may be the next one if this becomes a girl.

it is good to name our kids a somali name but check names like this

Arawelo and dabshid they got very negative meaning n islam forbids that but i like islamic names eg of prophets like

mohamed

yaxya

zakaria

haaruun

yusuf

lud

as for girls

maryam

aisha or caasho

maimuun

Naden   

^ Congratulations on the impending parenthood, may it be joyful.

What makes Mohamed (or any of the other names on the list) Islamic?

Miriam1   

^ Historically related to people who follow the religion of Islam, but again thats a sterotype, which usually means proper Arabic names lol.

Go for something so totally unique for ur first daughter/son. But also keep in mind to make it simple, thank god my parents always kept our names (I and my siblings) short and sweet always 4 letters long.

If your going to make it long, make sure u can create a very cute affectionate nickname for the baby.

If you have a first son, the name Adam is so appropriate.

And for a daughter, I was always, partial to the name Suhair

Hunguri   

Allah yabarik fik ya umu-Zakariya :D ! Anyhow, make sure, you sellect some good names from the list, that posted by Magool. I found them very good. The Somali names as long as they dont reflect some evil things are ok too. Allah hakaaga dhigo walad fiican oo diintiisa iyo dadkiisaba anfaca Aamiin!

Jazzakallah hunguri, Illaahay ha idinka abaal mariyo taladiina iyo ducadiina wanaagsan.

i will consider surely magool posted v good names

Khalaf   

^^my dua's walaalshiis....... pick from my list aiiiiiiit or? jokes

Jawahir, Amal, Azhar, Asyah, Ayman, Amira, Hodan, Hamdi, Hibo, Warda, Shukri, Istaahil, Samira, Jamilah, Yasmin, Mulki, Nasradeen, Zubaidah, Fardowsa, Iman,

Abdillah, Abbas, Bilal, Khalaf, Luqman, Arafat, Ramadan , Hamza, Nooradeen, Salihudeen, Shamsadin, Warsame, Ali-Noor, Burhan, Shirwac, Mahdi, Hudayfa, Sayyid, Imran, Farhan, Mujahid, Ilyas, Idris, Qasim, Yasin, Khalid, Tawfiq, Jabril, Uthman,

chubacka   

Khalaf I love the link as your signiture marshallah its beautiful...Do you know who the recitor is?

An da sister is only having one child! :D

Kool_Kat   

What's up with all these carab names? What happened to our beautiful Somali names?

My fav,

For girl - Abyan

For boy - Abshir

Keep it short, sweet and SOMALI!!!