Sign in to follow this  
MAXIMUS POWERS

SOMALI MIDDLE CLASS

NGONGE   

^^ They CAN NOT be Middle Class if their conduct is as you describe, you mad woman. Can't you follow a simple thought?

You and Marc talk about class as if it is a concept you just invented. It is not about owning houses, going to the theatre or earning a certain amount of money. It is about values, conduct, level of education and much much more.

Now take a deep breath and read what I wrote you at the start. I did not disagree with your rant, but INFORMED you that your definition there was WRONG. Don't embarrass yourself any further, darling. Learn from me. ;)

Malika   

North,..to watch le miserable I guess..Heh

At the end of the month am usually a working class,beggining of the month am definetly a middle class..when around my ayeyo,am definetly an aristrocat then..oh well,like you North I fit in all classes.. :D

Ngonge, says who?

Yes the term was there long before we set foot in the west, and it will be there long after you are gone.

Go and google class yourself, you seem to have missed the bus.

As far as government and all other sources are concerned, they only definite you as one way or the other.

If your income does fall under the middle class umbrella, thats how you will be defined. If you choose not to live in that lifestyle, that still doesn't mean you are out of that circle. It just means you choose not to follow the tradional definition of class.

The house, the cars, the green lawn. The cottage(aka summer house).

You can make an argument based on redefining if the usual traditions associated with middle class arent followed, but it doesn't make it right because Ngonge sees it one way, and one way only.

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Malika:

North,..to watch le miserable I guess..Heh

At the end of the month am usually a working class,beggining of the month am definetly a middle class..when around my ayeyo,am definetly an aristrocat then..oh well,like you North I fit in all classes..
:D

I have no idea. Waxa laigu yidhi uun we are going to the theatre on Wed :D

There is one called 'into the hoods' (or something like that) which might be good to see.

NGONGE   

LG,

Only because I love you and I'm not in the mood for a long argument, I'm going to let you off and accept your version.

Cara.   

LOL. A classic case of crossed signals. LayZie is thinking of class in the income tax bracket sense, like most North Americans, while Ngonge's British thinking is it has to do with breeding/parentage and whether you have ever gone fox-hunting :D

Nephissa   

There are various entertainment forms which can be appreciated by everyone and anyone. I don't think it's an indicator of class though, just what your eyes have been opened up to.

It's natural for me to follow the things I enjoy, regardless of what others think.

I've never met a middle-class Somali. Doesn't bother me though, because I have white friends. However, if there are Somalis who enjoy eating out in proper restaurants, have a hate/love relationship with Tate Modern, hate the opera and love musicals and the photographers gallery, we should become friends.

Oh and *BOB, I think I know someone who knows you.

BOB   

Originally posted by G G:

Oh and *BOB, I think I know someone who knows you.

Oh is that so? drop me a PM Please and let's elnlighten each other. smile.gif

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace,Love & Unity.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Cara:

LOL. A classic case of crossed signals. LayZie is thinking of class in the income tax bracket sense, like most North Americans, while Ngonge's British thinking is it has to do with breeding/parentage and whether you have ever gone fox-hunting
:D

Only toffs go Fox hunting, Cara. Was LG really talking about money alone? How nauseatingly vulgar!

NGONGE   

^^ Americans have no class, my dear.

As the Arab poet once said:

A dog is a dog even if you put a gold collar round its neck. ;)