Sign in to follow this  
MAXIMUS POWERS

SOMALI MIDDLE CLASS

Nuriya   

I was scratching my head, trying to figure who you remind me of, Layzie...I finally figured it out!...you're the somali Ann Coulter, the female Bill O'Reilly. Spewing nonsense for the sake of spewing nonsense. Sorry, I can't help it if my "Nur" can see through bs... Nothing personal, it just annoys me when people talk about stuff they have no idea about.

But as mentioned by our sister Faheema, we digress, let's return to the topic of class. I think both you and Marc need to re-reference a dictionary to find out what 'middle-class' means. Based on your definition of 'middle-class', the chick with 10 kids by 11 baby daddies is middle class, so is the one who uses her welfare check to buy herself a Lexus. Hmmmm, let's think on that...

LANDER   

Originally posted by MARCUNIAN:

Completely Nephy. This social ill is also on the increase, especially in recent years. It seems those who drink have no inhibitions, which is completely alien to Somali culture. The increase in the number of Alcoholics also coincides with the rapid influx of secondary European Somali migrants. [/QB]

Did you mean second generation? You definitely have a point on the growing alcoholism of somalis. Btw lower class and damn proud of it :D .

This whole discussion made me think of a scenario where 100 people screamed their lungs out calling each other's name - imagine the confussion! - only to find out they all had the same name "SOMALI" the difference was not about the name but who can scream louder or can hold the highest note! :D:D

Cheers

Pujah   

The middle class has disappeared long time ago - Now you're either dirt poor or well off.

Middle class": Manager at a KFC franchise, 2.4 children, two cars, a mortgage and two weeks a year at a time-share on the coast.

She did exactly defined what is middle class meant...Waxaa qiyaasa Somalida Middle class maaha.......

Originally posted by NGONGE:

I coud never understand how smelly students could afford to go to the theatre! Do you still get discounts?
:D

I too have problems understanding how old retards under threat from senile dementia epidemic, sweeping out of touch SOLers still manage to write at all, albeit it complete and utter bile. Why not age gracefully and stop picking fights with people in their prime NG.

Malika   

^Were'nt you taught manners of addressing those older then you young man! I dont see what Ngonge wrote that would deserve such a pathetic response..Grow up lad! :rolleyes:

Kool_Kat   

"I have to live for others and not for myself: that's middle-class morality."

George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950) Irish writer.

Hmmmm!

NGONGE   

Originally posted by MARCUNIAN:

quote:Originally posted by NGONGE:

I coud never understand how smelly students could afford to go to the theatre! Do you still get discounts?
:D

I too have problems understanding how old retards under threat from senile dementia epidemic, sweeping out of touch SOLers still manage to write at all, albeit it complete and utter bile. Why not age gracefully and stop picking fights with people in their prime NG.
Oh bless! smile.gif

He's probably still has his old school uniform yet he thinks he's in his prime! Very cute.

UhOh-Boy.gif

Originally posted by Malika:

^Were'nt you taught manners of addressing those older then you young man! I dont see what Ngonge wrote that would deserve such a pathetic response..Grow up lad! :rolleyes:

In the words of the old man: 'It's only words on a screen, words on a screen!'

NGONGE   

^^ You know nothing, woman. Nothing at all.

First there is the centre of the earth, then you have the gutter and then you have the sky. Those in the gutter are most definitely Middle Class.

NGONGE   

^^ I'm Somali, my dear. These rules don't apply to use. We're the ones in the refugee camps at the back. :D