Sign in to follow this  
MAXIMUS POWERS

SOMALI MIDDLE CLASS

Originally posted by Nephthys:

Khat is what drinking cheap beer is to [some] middle class people. I wonder if Marcus think that's "destroying the social fabric of the somali community" aswell.

Completely Nephy. This social ill is also on the increase, especially in recent years. It seems those who drink have no inhibitions, which is completely alien to Somali culture. The increase in the number of Alcoholics also coincides with the rapid influx of secondary European Somali migrants.

underdog   

CL,

when you have a thread that starts with a r@tard standing on a balcony saying "Look, there's a bunch of poor people...lets wave at them", do you really expect anything other than rubbish to follow?

U doggy dog, why don't you ease with the name calling, it is not gentleman like eedo.

You have the right not to agree with what was said,but you do not have the right to discredit someone else's point, just because you feel like doing it.

It is unacceptable behaviour and one that is intolerable.

I find your acceptance of individuals, young or old, illaah caafimad siisay, labo lugana qabo ineysan gacan taagin, sida homelesska very disturbing.

What does that say about you, the person u are @u doggy dog?

ARe you one of the people that was described earlier?

As a taxpayer, I have a right to be frustrated and to voice my concerns. I also earned the right to feel disgusted by these people.

A portion of my tax deductions ayaa dadkaas calooshooda galayaan, and I don't think it is fair to me or those in the same boat as me.

Furthermore eedo, what type of example are these people setting for their children?(more than anything, I worry about the future of this generation and the next)

Your child sees you adoo government-ka gacan utaagaya, what do you except that child to learn from the parent oo lazy eh, oo hadana tuugnimo kusii darsaday?

Don't even attempt to try to justify your views to me. Try for once to understand from another person's point of view, and disregard waxa kale, just digest it.

Thats all I ask, and salaama@ U doggy dog.

underdog   

LG,

you should do some research on your Diin and what it says in regards to arrogance, pride and judging people.

I find it hard to believe that you have nothing better to do than criticize how people live. Paying taxes does not give you the right to dictate living terms for anyone. Whats ticking me off is not that you actually believe you are superior to other Muslims (thats your problem to deal with), but you think you're justified to say "do this" and "do that".

Just like the Americans who thought Afghanistan needed their brand of freedom, you would love nothing better than to free these ignorant somalis from their archaic ways.

Clearly you have nothing better to do than to meddle and stir up division. Does FITNA mean anything to you???? Why don't you go enjoy your blessed life and leave everyone else to enjoy theirs.

lol@u. When everything fails, add the diin into the mix eh?

Before you start waving the diin in my face, may I suggest you take your own advise.

Look up the verse about "lying and "tuugnimo", maybe that would improve your knowledge base.

PS:Afghan women are better off now than the days of the fanatics held power. It was a good call on the part of the americans to invade afghan, but not so much in iraq.

underdog   

Lying and tuugnimo is between them, the govt and whoever they pray to.

maybe this is a circular argument but: by assuming their guilt, are you guilty of judging them too...which would probably make me guilty of labeling you as busybody with your nose in someone else's affairs.

How ridiculous is it that I'm arguing that you should mind your own business and leave people alone?

arguing with you is thirsty work...I quit. Go peep in peoples windows and see what other un-American sh!t they're upto.

Nuriya   

Originally posted by LayZie G.:

PS:Afghan women are better off now than the days of the fanatics held power. It was a good call on the part of the americans to invade afghan, but not so much in iraq. [/QB]

Wow, all this time I thought Layzie was a somali girl, I didn't realize you were Afghan. Because only an Afghan woman who currently lives in Afghanistan could/would/should say something about how better off they are!! Unbelievable!!

Word to the wise, sometimes arguing for the sake of arguing makes people look ignorant. No offense.

U doggy dog, u seem tense eedo. You should take it easy. You need to learn to accept the different point of views, without being hostile.

Nuuriya, if the name fits sista.

You went right by this particular quote from our afghan brotha who brought about the subject.

Just like the Americans who thought Afghanistan needed their brand of freedom

I guess our brother u doggy dog knows what the afghans want, but only my comment ayaa kuu iftiinte, and as it should.(iftiin away)

You just couldn't help yourself.

Speaking of afghan women, having watched and read about their testimony is proof. They are indeed better off now than they were under the taliban rule.

You and I don't know how it feels to be treated like a second class citizen in our own home. Being stoned and beaten under questionable circumstances, just because of hearsay is tragic.

If you are a woman, you should be showing nothing less than sympathy . They have endured so much pain and suffered under the taliban rule for so long, that there is no arguing against it.

PS:My dear one doesn't need to have the afghan gene inorder to recognize the lacking of simple human decency

NGONGE   

I coud never understand how smelly students could afford to go to the theatre! Do you still get discounts? :D

^I thought you gave up old man. Why do you insist inaad meesha wali juqeysid.

Faheema, I have no idea. U doggy dog and his sista would be in a better position to answer that question.