Sign in to follow this  
Nomen nescio

Feminism in my school.

I was at school yesterday and I saw something that made me shudder.

I looked at a bulletin board and saw a flyer statin some new classes in this new faculty. It stated that feminism had reached new heights and our University was pleased to announce a

department of feministic issues!!!

:eek: :eek:

Naturally after my few seconds of surpise and dismay I decided to look at a course calendar and inside I found out that the facutly of Feminism offered these classes:

Introductory Feminism

The History of the Feministic movement

Feminism and You

Important Women in Western History

Women's Rights

Man, this is just crazy, i mean how could this reach the heights of being offered as a program of study at a major University.

I can understand having a thing called women studies, but having a department called the study of femenism is just not not helping humanity in any form or shape....

Anyways yah that is one thing that irked me yesterday. see I have no problem with women playing very important and versataille roles in society, but I do have a problem with the exploitation of these issues at an academic level and I have a problem with the propoganda that is portrayed by many feminists these days.

So what, do us men now get to have our own faculty of studies,......the study of male chauvanism :D . Yes in this new and exciting curriculum we will study all the things about men that women do not like.............yes it is the same thing with feminism......it's pretty much the study about what it is about women that us men do not like.

Sophist   

Why do you think it won't help "humanity"? Trust me I am no fan of many so called champions of female liberation (whatever that is), but pray tell why you think that it is a waste?

Originally posted by Sophist:

Why do you think it won't help "humanity"? Trust me I am no fan of many so called champions of female liberation (whatever that is), but pray tell why you think that it is a waste?

The problem stems from the fact that my school is a state assisted university which means people like me who pay taxes in the state of Wisconsin pay the university to make thier tuition cheaper and more affordable, So I’d expect who ever managing that school to spend my hard earned dollars wisely on teaching majors that would help students contribute to their communities, i.e. Engineering, Science, Humanities, Law…etc..

Qac Qaac   

the more feminism stuff is talked about, the more families broke.and get destroyed...

dangerous i agree with u, what is the need of having this kind of program, maybe couple of classes max i would understand, but a whole program of pure hate damn.

Gabbal   

No offense, but I can't stand "feminists". I mean what's the deal? Is having the right to wear pants, having "freedom"? :rolleyes: redface.gif

Why don't we men fight for the right to wear a skirt then? redface.gif :rolleyes:

LuCkY   

AsaLaamu ALaikum,

LMAO!

LoL...somethings are just beyond beLief...to the universities kuLahaa!

Why don't we men fight for the right to wear a skirt then?

Horn, there is no need for that YaLL are LIberated...youve got Macawiis. icon_razz.gif

Bess.   

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

No offense, but I can't stand "feminists". I mean what's the deal? Is having the right to wear pants, having "freedom"? :rolleyes:
redface.gif

redface.gif
:rolleyes:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

so...now...on top of everything u want our skirts.....i don't think so.....we earned our skirts ..they r ours and we r keeping them!!!

ps. im a woman ....not a femanist..... ;)

respect

Originally posted by S.T.O.R.M:

AsaLaamu ALaikum,

quote:

Horn, there is no need for that YaLL are LIberated...youve got Macawiis.
icon_razz.gifhehehhe..good one!!! what would somali dude do witout macawis!!!

nuune   

we need skirts, that is called Menimism :D

waxaan soo xasuustey barigii ay dowlada jirtey soamaaliya markii dumarka lagu yiri raggaad la siman tihiin, baa inta badan waxay sameyn jireen nimankay la dagaalami jireen markaas baa sidii loo feerayo sankay dhiig kasoo daadin jireen dumarku, waxaa loo bixiyay Cali Boodaaye(something like that),

micnahayga waxaa waaye iska dhaafa feminism oo faculty ah ha sameestaanee cuz they need it very badly :D

Gabbal   

we need skirts, that is called Menimism

Menimism Now! Menimism Now! Menimism Now! :rolleyes: :D

The whole idea of feminism is ludicrious. Why is that the whole essence of feminism is to copy everything men do.

For example if man talks alot. Feminists then cry we have to talk as much as men or we're not "free". :rolleyes:

Men coughs. Feminists cry we have to cough or we're not "free". :rolleyes:

Quite ludicris if you ask me redface.gif

P.S. I was hardly talking about the macawiis ;)

x_quizit   

Will the ignorance never end? :eek: ...

Lets do the flip side...let's say a white racist got his KKK gear in knots about them damn niggers getting not one afro-american class, but a whole dept just for them? who do they think they are? we got them off the boat, made them "civilized", and now they want to shove it down our throat to learn about them? with my hard earned tax money? no way! what is the benefit of learning about niggers?

How does that feel? some of u might say its an extreme example or that the two cannot be compared, but i object...racism is the fight to free all ppl from being judged for their race, color, creed, helping them ovecome racism in schools, work, judicial system, ect...

Feminism also falls under the umbrella of racism, it too fights for those issues as well, since many women deal with their own issues as well as issues of race and such, and its not only limited to women's liberation, but humanity as a whole. It is still struggling for equal pay, glass ceiling at work being overcome, FGM, etc....there are dif branches of feminism though, some are anti-racist, some are elitists, and i dont approve of those that fight for gay rights and such, but the overall message is a good one that needs to be taken seriously w/o being so easily dismissed by a few farax that feel that their position in their future households might be threatened if the woman all of a sudden starts demanding her god given rights....also, we know any "ism" can't compare to Islam, but if everyone did as Islam dictated, we wouldnt need any organization to fight for the underdog's rights.

p.s.-b4 u judge, have any of u taken a women's studies class w/o u already having pre-conceived notions and myths that all feminists are man haters a inch short of sporting a beard? Read up on it, with an open mind, then maybe u can discuss it, but usually ppl judge what they fear. So whats ur fear about feminism?

Peace

Tuujiye   

yes YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!

THE OLD DAYS ARE BACK!!!! XQUEST IS BACK AND D.A IS ON THE WAY..LOOOOOOOL..QAC'QAC IS HERE, AND UNDERDOG IS ON THE WAY WITH D.A..LOL..

LETS START THE FEMINISM PARTY!!!!!

ANIGA AARABIITARO LEE AHAY AS ALWAYS..TUUJIYE IS BACK...AKA..FEEBARO!!!!

WAREER BADANAA!!!

Bess.   

oh plz....

there was obviously a need for such a movement to start...and horn....u've taken a very complex movement and brought it to the lowest....it is not about " wanting to be like men".....it is about being treated fair....in situations like the work place where women would be doing the same job as a man and then getting paid less....its for sitautions like where women r not allowed to take the necessary time off 4 maternity leave....are u saying that this situations are ridiclous....and they don't deserve attention....well ....some femininsts r a bit extreme....but every ideal has a down side.....besides i think men tend not to listen to whispers....they only hear SHOUTS..... ;):D

peace

Qac Qaac   

I was actually, considering taking a woman class, just to see how exactly they brain wash our sisters... i also wanted to learn their games.. like putting feminism under racism, the same way gay ppl put gayness under racism, or the jews use the racism card...

anyways no way, i am not taking a part of this re newed feminism class..