Saalax

Somaliland region police steals cars belonging to khat dealers

Oodweyne   

On the contrary, that is the finest thing the Police have done in some time. In the US, if you are caught smuggling "proscribed drugs", not only will you go to jail a long time, but, every freaking property you ever had will be "confiscated". Even your sorry-looking smelling knickers will get to be taking over along the way by the authorities.

Hence, that is the only way, smugglers will get the picture.

And more to the point, that is the only way, the owners of these sort of "rent-able pick-up trucks" will see the cost they will bear if they were caught smuggling Khat at the behest of those who hired them, who are mostly middlemen.

All in all, it's a good job, I say. 

However, I do doubt the "fake-news troll", who posted this news, who in turn actually thought that this some sort of a "negative news", will ever get the picture that, this is, indeed, a good law and order turn of event. And it's the sort of "tough tactics" we will need to send a "sobering message" to these sorts of smugglers. 

The right word here is 'confiscation'. When someone 'steals' something, it is usually done without the knowledge of the owners. 

Confiscation by government is done all over the world. You can try look up the laws in the place you reside. Here in Australia, hoon car drivers (usually youth with cars that are modified for high performance engines) get their vehicles permanently impounded. The police then take those vehicles get destroyed.

AU.NEWS.YAHOO.COM

Over 100 cars are being crushed in Victoria each month, with most belonging to hoon and drink drivers.

• Thanks 1

Oodweyne   

Suldaanka,

Actually, I do doubt whether he knows the "innate difference" between the two "concepts". Or have the meanest of intelligence to actually cotton-on to it, if one were to read it to him by verse and by line sort of explanation. So, consider that as another "crippling disability" in which he is being made low with it, on top of being the usual senseless troll in which we have around here of SOL. 

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

gooni   

Gawaaridaas ay buufiyeen oo dadka ka dhaceen bay qaadka ku keenayaan.

Askari gaari maamulka wata oo qaad lagu qabtay waligiin arki maysaan.

Waa casaabad madaxdu la marqaanto.

Tallaabo   
31 minutes ago, maakhiri1 said:

Shalay Siyaad Barre baabuur naga qaadey kudoodayeen,  ID00r Sal fududaa!

What Siyaad was doing was robbing a lot of property from one clan and giving it to his. The SL police are confiscating contraband good from smugglers and putting it to general use. Even members of Siyaad's clan living in Somaliland are benefiting from the confiscated goods. 

Saalax   
5 minutes ago, Tallaabo said:

What Siyaad was doing was robbing a lot of property from one clan and giving it to his. The SL police are confiscating contraband good from smugglers and putting it to general use. Even members of Siyaad's clan living in Somaliland are benefiting from the confiscated goods. 

It is the same. The cars stolen belong to khat dealers from Baligubadle and Salahley communities and not Muuse Bixi's community. 

Oodweyne   
8 hours ago, maakhiri1 said:

Shalay Siyaad Barre baabuur naga qaadey kudoodayeen,  ID00r Sal fududaa!

I-idoor, waa kuwii Adeerkaa Faqash Afweyne xukunkiisi seejiyey, dhulkodii-na ka xoreystey. Adiga iyo tolkaana ka dhigey magan Ceerigaabo ka carartey markii ay xoog iska waayeen. Maantana ah raaciyad marna Garoowe laga soo eryo, marna Hargeysa u soo carara, marna, Villa Somalia iyo wasiir Jamaal kasuga "Borrow-muscle" u maciina.

Markaas ninka iyo kuwa taladu seegtay, ama aan garaneynin halkii u roon, Soomaali Maxamed oo dhami waa wada aragtaa, saaxiib.

Oodweyne   

😐

3 hours ago, Tallaabo said:

Tallaabo,

Saaxiib, you let yourself down some times, particularly when you go out of your way to educate a sniffling troll who is essentially a defeated lot ilk, like this waffler you have responded to, given that he can't do jack-all to Somaliland, but, actually he thinks, he can get something with trolling spleen against Somaliland.

Hence, don't you know he knows the difference between the two historical episodes? Of course, he knows it. It just he has such a hatred for those who bested him, namely Somaliland, who even were literally "feeding" his ilk in Badhan the other day. So, he does what he does best, which is to come here in SOL so that he can relieve off himself the bitter spleen and the bile he is harboring against Somaliland.

In other ewordfs, wii ku ciil-baxaa cayda duriyadda, maadaama aanu xoog wax kaga waado aanu heynin, gacantoodana ay in badan oo tolkii ahi ay hood joogaan. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tallaabo said:

Talaabo think, you don't create a big long term problem by trying to solve a small problems. No Seef la bood, If you wanna confiscate, you introduce a law in the parliament and pass, not act out of emotion, sida maah maah maahdaas reerka u meel gashay.🙂

You are more logical than Oodweyne,  whose connections to Duriyadda is more questionable,  there was this governor in USA, who introduced toughest and most severe penalties against certain people  who had different sexual orientation , for many years doing so, he was caught red handed, found doing the act,

Oodweyne, you trying hard to be part of these pple, please do DNA test,  and report. 

Just wait, they will start copying Somaliland soon. :D 

And then same folks will turn an about face on it. 

cadnaan1   

This khat ban was only temporary till the end of Ramadan and after that it will go back to normal.

Why would they destroy the family livelihood for that, I think government should keep these cars till the end of the ban and returned to the owners.

Or maybe what saalax is saying is true that government is targeting certain community

Oodweyne   

Maakhir1,

Lool, Is that best you can come up with it, dear coward? Well, I'll have you know that I am not the one who was literally chased away from his alleged city of Garowe, since he was told he is not wanted there and his leaders chased away from there with bullets.

Moreover, I am not the one who is to this day a "tolerated guest" on a city of Ceerigaabo, which he used to claim on as his own, not that long ago. So, I Could understand why you are confusing me with yourself and worried about DNA and whatnot. Since you don't know where you belong, or who will have you as one of theirs.

Furthermore, we have your Suldaan and clan's chiefs, who are running back and forth between Hargeisa and Garowe, so, perhaps, you need to look at yourself in the mirror. Or at least ask your "tolka" as to where do they belong? 

And finally, I will have you know in passing, that, it's not every day you see a man who ends up getting told to leave a city such as Garowe in which he thought his clan was part and parcel of the "political stake-holders" of the place. Given that he was delusional enough to actually think that his tolka had contributed to the creation of that political fiefdom in the first place.

Cadnaan1,

I know you have a "soft spot" for all manner of "day-light criminality" and whatnot, given that was how you were "reared" from the day you were born and all. But, I will have you know that we in Somaliland do not roll in that way.

In fact, if you know anything about Somaliland's police force, you would have known by now how that is highly unlikely. Given that the police force of Hargeisa's city is (by large number) from the two specific communities in which the troll freak we have in here had mentioned their names. Also you have a large constituency of that police force who are from our Suldaanka's home-boys.

You see when you are not from Somaliland (and you are sheegato, like this troll git) you simply assume the police force will rob their own community for Mr. Bihi's order, even if it's illegal. No that won't be the case.

More to the point, the commanding general of the whole of Somaliland's police force is actually a man from the "clan-lineage" of one of those communities mentioned.

So, I do doubt that the head of the police force will rob his own clan's properties, as this idiot troll we have in here seems to be suggesting it, in-order to satisfy Mr. Bihi's government's health diktat. Particularly, if this current regulation law of the "confiscation" of smuggler's assets wasn't going to be applied across all smugglers that are caught in the acts. 

Hence, take whatever this sniffling troll we have in here of SOL says to you, with a large pinch of salt.

As for the duration of the khat ban, it will be extended after Ramadan. So, the intention was to use the Ramadan's backdrop as an emergency stop of the Khat. But, given that virus will be in here for some time to come, then it will be easy to extend the ban after the Ramadan's period ends soon. Which will likely be the case in here.