Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

MSNBC suspends Keith Olbermann

It's bad news for the progressive and liberal Americans. And sure O'Reilly will have a field day with this news.

Is media overreacting lately or what? I don't see reason why they should suspend him for simply donating money to candidates.

Rain   

read this comment on msnbc, couldn't agree with it more.

Olberman, Maddow, Limbaugh, Ed (what's his name) O'Reilly, Hannity, Palin, Blitzer, and Huckabee are NOT journalists - they are all commentators. They shouldn't be allowed to have shows that appear to be legitimate news shows when all they are is propaganda for the right or left. These talking heads are the reason why this country is so FUBAR'd right now. Turn them off, and read.

__

Jacpher   

"Anyone working for NBC News who takes part in civic or other outside activities may find that these activities jeopardize his or her standing as an impartial journalist because they may create the appearance of a conflict of interest,” the NBC News policy reads. “Such activities may include participation in or contributions to political campaigns or groups that espouse controversial positions. You should report any such potential conflicts in advance to, and obtain prior approval of, the president of NBC News or his designee."

A big lost for the progessive voice especially after they successfully forced ABC News to drop that Andrew Beenlaawebart from their election coverage. What would Rachel and Ed [most progressive commentators of MSNBC] do taloow? Stand up to expose their employer's double standard in dealing with Keith and risk getting sacked? Scarborough donated more but still on TV. I can't wait Steward taking on this. MSNBC is risking losing its base viewers. What's with these left leaning media lately. NPR asking its employees to not go to the Sanity Rally? MSNBC firing employee for donating to the dem and not republicans.

I think this is a clever marketing exercise which keith is in on.

how something like "MSNBC has integrity, has standars .. we even suspended our top guy over ethical journalistic principles .... unlike a certain cable news company we all know [faux]" .. after a few weeks/days off keith comes back "chastised" apologies to viewers and his network.

and MSNBC comes out smelling like roses .. after their horrible "lean forward" i.e bend over promotions.

RedSea   

Originally posted by Geel_jire:

and MSNBC comes out smelling like roses .. after their horrible "lean forward" i.e bend over promotions.

:D:D:D ahhahaah

Were they promoting homesexual tendecies. Ceeb badanaa! And have they dropped that slogan or they still persisting...

I loved his special comments, especially this one about masaajidka laga dhisi rabo New York.

His show was the only regular political show I ever liked to watch.

He regularly put the rednecks, nut bolts and the neo-KKK (aka Tea Party) in their racist, bigoted places.