Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

You Know its Thriller, Thiller Night....

NGONGE   

Rejoice, rejoice...(or maybe not).

The singer, who was raised as a Jehovah's Witness, converted to Islam in a ceremony at a friend's house in Los Angeles.

He is said to have sat on the floor and worn a small hat while an imam officiated.

According to The Sun, the ceremony took place while Jackson, 50, was recording an album at the home of Steve Porcaro, a keyboard player who composed music on his Thriller album.

The former Jackson 5 star was counselled by David Wharnsby, a Canadian songwriter, and Phillip Bubal, a producer, who have both converted.

A source said Jackson had appeared a "bit down" and added: "They began talking to him about their beliefs, and how they thought they had become better people after they converted. Michael soon began warming to the idea.

"An imam was summoned from the mosque and Michael went through the shahada, which is the Muslim declaration of belief."

Last year his brother, Jermaine Friday, suggested Jackson would convert having taken an interest in Islam since Friday's conversion in 1989.

"When I came back from Mecca I got him a lot of books and he asked me lots of things about my religion and I told him that it's peaceful and beautiful," said Friday.

"He read everything and he was proud of me that I found something that would give me inner strength and peace.

"I think it is most probable that Michael will convert to Islam.

"He could do so much, just like I am trying to do. Michael and I and the word of God, we could do so much."

Jackson-bahrain_1115148c.jpg

The first source was from the Torygraph and this is the Metro

BOB   

So is that why he's covered like a true Muslimah? :D

Did he join the Nation of Islam or he converted to mainstream Islam because as you know nation of Islam are more kufaar than the kufaar themselves and he will only get lost even further after he listens to few lectures of Luis Farrakhan. smile.gif

May Allah s.w Guide Us All Through The Righteous Path Insha Allah.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

Alxamdullilaah if he had come back to the natural state - but i can't help but think it is stunt - for the benefit of the fat arab that he has to face in court on monday.

Allah (SWT) knows best.

STOIC   

Oh my God (I need a moment of silence)there will be tears in heaven now that Michael is gonna be a muslim.I wonder if heaven gotta Neverland.Time can sure bring you down and bend your knees ;)

J/K

chubacka   

Originally posted by Sayid*Somal:

but i can't help but think it is stunt - for the benefit of the fat arab that he has to face in court on monday.

Allah (SWT) knows best.

was reading this today, He owes him something like 4.7 million. The article dnt say anyting about his conversion though, and who told the poor guy he has to become a nikabi?!

"Michael and I and the word of God, we could do so much.".

:rolleyes:

STOIC   

^You do realize the whole thing is more of a joke right? I doubt if anyone cares if he becomes a muslim or even a budhist.

BOB   

Would he still be a 'Muslim' once they tell him that Islam forbids Music...that is the Million Pula question?

Peace, Loev & Unity.

STOIC   

^^^I think that will be the least of his worries afterall there are many Muslims who are musicians or even appreciate the sound of music.Check out these muslims singing it must not be shocking, right?

BOB   

Brother just because there are ‘Muslim’ singers doesn't mean its OK to be a singer...we have Muslims who drink, consume riba, gamble, kill and commit adultery but does that make it OK to do so just because they're Muslims?

Peace, Love & Unity.

STOIC   

I agree with you sheikh, but If for hypothetical situation he was to become muslim I doubt if Michael biggest hurdle will be to quit music. If you know the history of the guy you will realize that there are some more pressing issues that he will need to adjust. Even though music is not permitted in Islam I doubt if it is a big deal compared to killing or rapping! Maybe if he was to convert who knows he would end up like Sami Yussuf and perhaps use his God-gifted voice to sing more of a socially conscious music!