Sign in to follow this  
Shakti

childish or disrespectable???

Faheema.   

Yes, it was a childish behaviour. Judging him based on the first encounter was premature, especially if it’s a telephone conversation. He was conveying his kindness and generosity and just over stepped the boundaries a little. Give him the benefit of doubt; it was probably nerves that got the better of him…

Originally posted by Devilangle:

Reality check, she hanged up becoz on their 1st formal talk he managed to bring tampon into the discussion, it wasn’t about his past relationship.

If she asked for details about his past relationships, I dont see why she would get all closed up because he told her he brought his GIRLFRIEND tampons. She asked.

I can see the title of the thread is inviting some playground activities. Carry on kids
:D
Che-Guevara and Khalaf,shall I bring sand 4 u guys?

Reality check, she hanged up becoz on their 1st formal talk he managed to bring tampon into the discussion, it wasn’t about his past relationship.

:D .Some dudes are hysterical when talking to a girl at the first time. :(

Aaliyyah   

Devilangle sister yr friend did the right thing masha-allah. what kinda of guy buys feminine produces to all his female friends. that tells u that they are not just friendz, bt more. Anyways, if i was yr friend i would have broke up with him as soon as he said that his gf was the jealousy type, that should tell u this guy hangs out with too many girls. I for one would never feel secure in such a relationship. Most of us girls dont mind if the guy we are dating ( tryin to refrain from the term bf, since lota of ppl misunderstand it) has other girlfriend, and there is nothing wrong with the guy buying gifts from time to time. But stating the fact that he luvs buyin material things for his gfz should tell u this man iz a PLAYER. yr friend is save, and she made the right decision for herself.

wa salaam

me   

The girl is insecure end of story.

Conversations go everywhere, if they went to the T word or the ex/gf it doesnt mean he is hung up. It means he was open and he was talking with her in an open way. Anyhow she was wrong, she was insecure where she didnt have to. Good luck to her.

Reality check
, she hanged up becoz on their 1st formal talk he managed to bring tampon into the discussion, it wasn’t about his past relationship.

Akhus akhussssss...what type of man talks like that??... no doubt, ur friend did the right thing. no self-respecting men would talk in that manner. :mad: what a loser

There's no harm in buying female products for your wife and other female relatives but to buy those products as gifts for girls and women, who are not his blood relatives or wife is out of order to be honest!

On the other hand, was this girl looking for a relationship with this guy based on the principles and code of practise of the sunnah of the prophet peace be upon him and our religion or was she dealing with him in a way, like those assimiliated western Somalis do?

If the discussion was based on the quraan and ahadith and the islamic code of practice, then to utter such things is totally unacceptable!

But to be honest, that isn't even my problem but the talk about having had a ex-girlfriend! That was well out of order!

What is a ex-girlfriend? Why would he have a girlfriend in the first place!

Sister tell your friend to only converse with men, who are very well skilled in the islamic code of practise for such events, and don't allow her to talk to men, that don't qualify and don't deserve her and who are only after her meat!

HUH was my friend reaction. She nicely asked him 2 repeat himself... When she confirmed that he actually said the T word .

She said “good bye”.

He asked “why”

She said “that wasn’t a suitable thing 2 say 2 a lady”.

What is this, a chucky cheese moment? She sounds like she is 12 yr old who hasn't gotten her period just yet.

As for the dude, it serves him right getting a boot, having a discussion with a child who hasn't even had her "period talk" would get you in these situations.(The likes of Socod in this forum ought to make notes about this incident, not that I am pointing the finger at anyone in particular)

Btw, its not T word, its tampons, get over yourself and get use to it, after all its going to be part of you for years to come.

Your friend aka devil was being too sentative.

Che, you're a jowka and I see you are still putting that confused boy aka khabkhable into his rightful place, keep up the good job.

When did tampons become a dirty word? I understand it might be slightly uncomfortable talking about your own need for or ideas about tampons, but who cares if someone else brings it up, in a way that's unrelated to yourself.

Sakhar, who says talking about tampons to a guy is unacceptable from an Islamic pov? I mean, Islamically speaking, is it less acceptable than say talking about toilet paper, deodorant or talking at all?

Honestly, your friend needs to grow up. The guy was just giving an example of how incredibly thoughtful he is, because most guys hate the thought of buying tampons, and he did it anyway, because his ex needed them. He managed to overcome his childish insecurities about these things, while your friend didn't.

Aaliyyah   

xulaxu why dont u tell me what a man would buy a tampon for his gf? i am sure they can buy it for themselves? walahi i think diz brother has nothing betta 2 do with hiz tyme lol

Shakti   

Fabiana ..aaahhha. u make it sound like a romantic movie!

Reality Check . U r on to something! That could be it.

Lieutenant Xalane … like u, i laughed so hard when she told me about it

Didi Kong whats "sap"?

AAliyah416 lol..

Me …insecure ah? Well when u listen to her complaining about work load, family, relationships. Than u have every right calling her insecure, until than… all rights of name-calling belongs to me, The only word that is currently available to u is childish

TenaciousSoul* now, u sould like her.

Sakhar i will tell her

LayZieGirl .. that chucky cheese parts was very funny ..lol….I almost fell of my chair .. I see u haven’t taken ur Prozac yet. right?

XulaXu , well as u know our CULTURE does not give us the permission to talk about these sort of things as openly as we would like, and I didn’t use the word tampon coz I did not know people comfort level with such word. I know from experience many of our men find it discomfort until they get married.

I also notice, when we pose the same question to married women they find it normal for a men to talk such a way and while single girls frowned and shocked by mere thought of men talking such a manner especially a girl that he does not know well.

So I can understand the mix reaction between u people.

Miriam1   

^ it is weird. but she should have atleast allowed for two more serious talks and balanced out matters. who knows he could be a very open person.

RedSea   

Waryaadha maxaad ugu goobanaysaan saaxibkay Khalaf.

I stand as witness that Khalaf is religious person,thus the comments that he makes constantly should remind you that.

Brother Khalaf don't mind them saxib,you are what you are, their age must be catching up with 'em.

Khalaf is 19,I think.

As for the topic,hmmm,I don't know what to make of it,for me I think,you oughta get to know the guy more than what you have stated thus far,people can show their weaknesses early on,but a chance to recover would have been good.

So do you change the channel when the tampon commercial comes on?

How old ru guys?

I have been on a tampon shopping spree before for my special others, its hard to do but it has been done. Trust you get alot of browny points for going to the "forbiden aisle of your local drugstore".