Sign in to follow this  
Nin-Yaaban

Would you be in a movie about Somali Pirates?

NGONGE   

Like a shot. I would do it for free in fact (but would not mind some money for it). At least it will be more factual than 'Black Hawk Down'. :D

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Like a shot. I would do it for free in fact (but would not mind some money for it). At least it will be more factual than 'Black Hawk Down'.
:D

What if your role was to play the "bad guy" portraying Somalis in a negative way? Would you do it? ;)

NGONGE   

As long as there is no insult to religion, yes I'll probably do. After all, no movie can portray Somalis worse than they portray themselves in real life.

(Of course, all this is hypothetical).

Ms DD   

Of course Ngonge.. We are the best for receiving negative PR

I went to play last saturday. Comedians have a lot to thank for somali pirates for they provided abundant material for them. Being the only somali there, and pple looking to see my reaction....Waan yaryaraadey.. no mean feat by any standards!

NGONGE   

Exactly, DD. We might as well get paid for it. Myself and Nin-Yaaban are in. Will you join us? You can be our Keira Knightley. icon_razz.gif

How close will this adaptation stay to real life? Coz, as far as I know we haven't seen any female pirates of the Red Sea yet.

I would take part. Maybe I could play the wife to one of the pirates. A tortured soul wondering if her hubby will come back with 10 million or not at all.

Malika   

I want in too,I dont want the part of a wife or a mother but the madam of that little joint off the shores,where they come in to spend their fortune..You know,where shaah,jaad,uunsi iyo plenty of 'candy eye' is provided..Lol I mean after the intensity of the high seas,and being chased by the big boys and their toys around,the dudes will need somewhere to relax.

Astagfirullah!

They'll portray that captain as a mystical creature like Batman or maybe spider man? And uh..maybe Brad Pitt or some oiled-up schockingly good looking actor with bulging muscles(giggles) will play the part while the Somali pirates will be played by some illiterate Sudanese or perhaps Masai ppl! Will the real Somalis please(NG and others who offered will be doing an invaluable service to our community) stand-up? :D