Bess.

somali national anthem

Bess.   

i was wondering about this....

who wrote the somali national anthem?

when did they write it?

and what r the words to it?.....

Haddad   

Most African national anthems were written by their colonizers. Somalia's national anthem was written by Giuseppe Blanc (1886-1969), who also wrote Giovinezza, the Italian Fascist anthem (1922-1943). About the words, I am not sure, but think it's along these lines:

Somaliyaay toosoo

Toosoo isku tiirsada ee

Hadba kiina taag daranee

Taageera waligiinee..

FRY13-550.jpeg

Bess.   

thanks haddad...

and as for the actual anthem...i think there are more words to it....could someone write the whole anthem..... :D

Nephissa   

Chilli, here it is:

Soomaaliyeey Toosoo

Toosoysku Tiirsada oo,

Hadba kiinna Taagdaraneey

Taageera weligiineey!

Ummadyahay mar kale toosoo

Calankiinna wada tiirshoo,

Danta guud ku taagsada oo

Isu wada tanaasula eey.

Soomaaliyeey Toosoo …

Tawaabkoo qudhaa bixiyoo

Gobannimada taam ka dhigee,

Rabbi toobad weyddiistoo

Talo saarta Weynaha eey.

Soomaaliyeey Toosoo …

Qabiilkaad ku tookhdaan baa

Qawmiyaddaada kaa tira oo,

Tayo li'ida qoysqoyskaa

Idin bada tabaalaha eey.

Soomaaliyeey Toosoo …

Inuu Naar ku taro mooyee

Dagaal ehel ma taabaggalee,

Shacabkaa in loo tudho oo

La tabantaabsho kaa mudaneey!

Soomaaliyeey Toosoo …

Curaddadaada taargo'ayaa

Tiiraanyo qaran weeyee,

Walaalkiis kan tooganayow

Adays jaray tagoogaha eey.

Soomaaliyeey Toosoo …

Quruun teeda hanan weydaa

Tiqo kuma leh dunideenee,

Adduunyada ka tamin qaadtoo

Assaagiina tiigsada eey.

Salaan...

Mar alla markaan maqlo heestaan sharafta leh xaada ayaa i kacdo. Some argue it was composed by Abwaan Qaasim Hilowle (the father of that smooth singer, Faadumo Qaasin). Others equally say it was Abwaan Cali Mire Cawaale. Regardless who composed it, aad iyo aad ayee qof walba Soomaali usoo jiidanee ereyada ku jirto heestaan astaanka u ah Soomaalida dhamaantood.

Complete version:

S oomaaliyeey toosoo

Toosoo isku tiirsada ee

Hadba kiina taag daraanee

Taageera waligiinee

Idinkaa isku tooqaayoo

Idinkaa isku taamahayee

Aadamuhu tacliin barayoo

Wadankiisa taam yeelyoo

Arligiinna taako ahoo

Sharcigaa isku kiin tolayoo

Luuqaddaa tuwaaxid ahoo

Kuma kala tegeysaannee

Tiro ariyoo dhaxalaa

Sidiin laydin soo tubiyoo

Ninba toban la meel marayoo

Cadowgiina idiin taliyee

Tuldo geela oo dhacanbaad

Toogasho u bareeraan

Oo ma dhilkaa dhan ee tageybaan

Ninna dhagax u tuuraynee

Qarankan hubkuu tumayoo

Toorayad dhaafaynee

Oon taar samaysan karayn

Uurkutaalo weynaayee

Hadba waxaan la taahaayoo

Toggaga ugu gayshaayoo

Nin dalkiisii cadow taaboo

U tol waayey baan ahayee

Hadba waxan la ooyaayoo

Ilmadu iiga gubataayoo

Ikhtiyaar nin loo diidoo

La addoonsadaan ahayee

Soomaaliyeey toosoo

Toosoo isku tiirsada ee

Hadba kiina taag daranee

Taageera weligiinee

20px-Somalia_flag_large.png20px-Somalia_flag_large.png20px-Somalia_flag_large.png20px-Somalia_flag_large.png20px-Somalia_flag_large.png

Pardon moi I dont think Somaliyaay toosoo is the Somali national anthem. Correct me if I am wrong but I thought Qolabaa calankeedu waa caynoo inagaakeenu waa cirkoo kalee etc etc Is the somali anthem. I would appreciate it if someone could finish it off for me since my somali isnt that brilliant or atleast get me the lyrics :D

Baashi   

Many thanks Bishaaro iyo MMA for posting that song. You've done a great service for me and other likeminded folks in SOL forum. Thanks again.

How about the other song Qoloba calnkeedu waa ceyn.. Anyone? Plz share if u have that one.

Qolobaa calankeedu,

waa ceynoo,

Innaga keenu waa,

Cirkoo kale e,

Oon caadna lahayn,

Ee caashaqaye.

Xidigyahay cadi,

Waad noo ciidamisee,

lol^^... man this so funny! how come u ppl dont know your national athem!.. see what eating hamburgers do to yah!!

somali national anthem was written by in 1800s by some italian!! get outta of here!!

dont believe everthing u read ppl! use judgement thats way Allah gave a brain!

this must be a joke!!! redface.gifredface.gif

nuune   

Qolobaa calankeedu,

waa ceynoo,

Innaga keenu waa,

Cirkoo kale e,

Oon caadna lahayn,

Ee caashaqaye.

Xidigyahay cadi,

Waad noo ciidamisee,

Carradaa kaligaa

adow curadee

cadceeda sideedaa

u caan noqo ee

sidii culagii

ciidad marisee

Alloow haku celin

Alloow haku celin

Jumatatu   

I think we need to set the record straight here and I agree with Rudy.

First the Somali National Anthem untill late 1980's was only intrumental and had no words attached to it, that music was devised and written by an Italian music writter , here I dont know whether it was Giuseppe or not. In somewhere 1985 or 1986 the Government of then Somalia changed the anthem and chose to make it to the tune of Soomaaliyeey Toosoo and I belive it is still our official Somali anthem. The words to this song was written and created by a great scholar from Hargeysa who recently died (forgive me I cant recall his name). But the song was first sang by Qassim Hilowle (father of Faduma Qassim) during the days of fighting against colonialism chirca 1950's. The other nationalist song though it has never become our official national anthem is Qolobaa calankeedu, this was written by the famous Abdullahi Qarshe and sang by him also. Both songs played an important role pre-independent era.

I hope am right and stand corrected where am wrong.

Haddad   

Originally posted by rudy:

somali national anthem was written by in 1800s by some italian!!

If we go along with your above statement, it would mean Giuseppe Blanc wrote Somalia's national anthem in 1888, when he was only 2 years old. Italy acquired its first possession in southern Somalia in 1888.

Jacpher   

I don't think Italian colonies wrote "Soomaaliyeey toosoo" You gotta be kidding me! This song moves every Somali person oo ay midnimo ku jirto. I can't believe Italian colony would write such a beautiful song that unites all Somalis. Jumatatu is close to the truth of Somali anthem. May be Italians are behind the music tune but not the actual song/words.

As for flag song, I don't think it is the national anthem. If you pay visit to other cities, you'll find each city had a different version of flag song that kids gather near the flag and sing each morning before start of classes. I'm not familier with the version you posted. In Kismaayo, we used to sing something similar to this, "Calanka cirkeena.........." To those we went to Arabic schools, they had their own version that goes like this, "Caashal Calam, Tuula Zaman, Ramzal Culaa........" I'm too old to remember all. These were just flag songs not the national anthem.

I love when they sing Soomaaliyeey toosoo in congregation. Can someone find a link or post the song in audio? I have been looking for it for a while because I wanted to upload it on my cell for a ringtone.

Baashi   

^No! Italians has nothing to do with the liberation movement and their liberation songs. I have no idea who composed the music for the song but I do know back in the days when the song was very popular it was more demonstration slogan chanted by freedom marchers than a song with written musical notes sang with orchestra playing...

Ducaqabe, I remember this one. We used to sing it when I was in 3rd grade in Kismayo.

Calan suubanoow,

Samada u ekoow,

Maalintii la sudhay,

Kaanu...,

Samo ku waar oo...

U sacab tumaay,

**clap clab**

(we used to say ii sacab tumaay...)

I also remember the caashal calam, dhuula zaman,...! I also remember another Arabic song that we used to sing....it goes like Maalaka maalaka ayuhal talmiid, Maathaa asaabak ayuhal talmiid, ijtahid ijtahid ayuhal talmiid,... No one ever bothered to tell us what it meant. Back in the days we had xiisad heeso, xiisad cayaar, and xiisad musawir it's equivalent to what is today art class and physical education....u brought back long forgotten memories sxb.