Sign in to follow this  
SayidSomal

Would You??

Ibtisam   

I would instinctively, (providing they are not drunk or drugs or shooting each other or battling with a knife) but I should not I don’t have the strength and it is potentially high risk with no gain. I heard from a brother, that he intervened and the two guys started beating him up instead for stopping the fight- suddenly teaming together. :D

If it's really bad yeah, by dialing 999 in the corner.

You don't want to even look at London kids, let alone intervene in their fights.

ScarFace   

Nope would watch them until one gets floored as per my normal UFC® viewings... :D

If I know the 2 people fighting then why not I would intervene.

I did once with strangers. It's on a post on SOL-they were boys. Mostly it's been people I know, even got cut by a knife when I stood in the way.The other day I tried to diffuse a heated incident between a man and his boy of no more than 4 years of age. The boy threw a tantrum, refusing to wear his coat and the father went nuts. I told the boy to be good n wear his coat-hoping he wouldn't continue to aggravate the dad. He returned to the dad reluctantly and the father rewarded him with a wallop to the ear. Ranting n crying followed. I walked up to the father n said, Remember your fast brother. He looked at me and made a meal of zipping the boy in talking about the cold in Bengali. I talked a little to the boy and left.

Do all parents hit their kids?! And that hard?

That father was lacking parental skills if he couldn't get his 4yr old son to listen to him without causing a scene and strangers getting involved. Hitting a child is really bad, wonder what else he does to that boy, if he did that in public. Sounds like child abuse to me.

Chimera   

It's a tricky situation. I've interrupted fights between Antillians and Indians/Turks many times, and because i'm Somali i'm allowed to, cause i'm the 'neutral guy' and would simply stand in between them like a referee. When the fight involves another Somali however then the technique is to take your compatriot to side and stay clear from the non-Somali or else you will be mistaken for 'back up'.

Fights between women are the worst to break up because they have bossoms not chests so you can't use that area to push them away from one another. Too much force will make it look like your manhandling them plus they both close there eyes when they batter eachother so there is a chance you will be a victim of their rage. I still have this little scar from a sharp nail on my right hand when i tried to break up a fight between two morrocan girls.

Urban   

If they both looked weaker than me, I would. If however the guys looked anything like Kimbo I wouldn't even look at them fighting.

I am not being a coward but I would never get involved in this type of situation. Sometimes playing the hero can get you killed. I don't trust other people but I have intervened and stopped fights between Somalis before.

LoL wanna compare scars? Mine's on my left hand.Yup women involved. She even sharpened it first. I thought I was dreaming as I stood over her saying stop pls but she went chasing the other person wielding the knife like they do in horror films. The other one hid behind me while we ducked and dived. The look on the face was scarier than the knife!!! Shiver.

Nin Yaaban, I heard the blow and by then I had even walked well away from them. He thought I was out of his hair by then. LoL. Nope I is a boomerang. No hitting around me.