Sign in to follow this  
Archdemos

HELP needed in dealing with an annoying friend.

Ibtisam   

^^I do, why do you attract such people? What is wrong with you that keeps attracting such friends :D

Seriously ma hoobta? Maybe his mum sort of you know randomly. We can never know these things, iska daaf. But if he is Somali and ashamed then he needs a slap in private and his he insists in public icon_razz.gif

first heard of rumours about it from friends of friends whilst on holiday in Somalia one year ago. Never thought much of it and dismissed it as heresay.

I finally got a chance to speak,(quite randomly) to his neighbour of 10+ years. He's somali and i asked him about the rumours. He was suprised and went on to tell me that the entire family are from Somalia, even told me where his DAD was born which corresponded well with what my friend had told me about his father.

Not satisfied with that i went on to find out he's related to some of my other neighbours (wondered why they always called him apti) and always spoke to him in Somali and he replied.

it turns out both his parents are from a tribe in Sanaag, and the man is as Somali as me.

I saw his younger brother the other day for the first time and casually remarked how Somali he looked.(had typical look :D ) His reaction of sheer horror and his dismissive remarks sent alarm bells ringing in my head. :eek:

anyway to cut along story short i started speaking to him in Somali and he understands and reponds in that typical purposely delayed and broken Somali. You know the one where you think your being taken for a ride.

it turns out he was a refugee in yemen beofre arriving in europe, so i dont really know what happened to him in those years to be ashamed of his heritage.

Blessed   

Haha. I thought people only did that sort of thing in secondry school-- I once had classes with a Somali girl who chnanged her name to a gaalo one, I never used to talk to her until we were grouped and I pointed to necklace and asked whose name that was (Arabic / Somali name, she told me it was her real name. After that I started seeing more of her and her sisters, first few times I'd say hello Kelly or whatever her fake name was. She looked uncomfortable. I'd say talk about your friends Yemeni roots in front of people who really know him. :D

One of my sisters friends told her so many lies about her family, including that her mum wasn't her real mum :eek: .. Then they moved a few doors away and our hooyos became good friends. :D:D

Not all friendships are meant to last for ever, if you dislike him lose him. Hadii kale tell him about his ****** imature ways. I don't believe in political correctness and holding back between friends, I'd rather debate things and fight them out than have people being two faced with me...

nuune   

I know one friend oo illaa hada aan ka dhaadhicin la'ahay iney Soomaali tahay, waxey la soo taagantahay iney Turkish tahay, xataa uma dhawo mana lahan any Turkish or Arabic features.

She attends every Turkish event, and carries with her some Turkish delight, yaab ani!

Ibtisam   

I want to see what a black Turkish looks like? icon_razz.gif:D Can you send me a picture of your friend.

:eek: :eek: :eek: I dont know any such people, thank the lord for that. Acuudbililah, sad really that young people are growing up to be so ashamed that they make up stories or claim other nationalities. Although I am confused, how is Yemen any better than Somalia? :confused:

Lool @Hello Kelly

NGONGE   

I have a friend that copies everything I do. If I buy blue jeans, he buys blue jeans. If eat chewing gum on the left side of my mouth, he eats chewing gum on the left side of his mouth. If I tell him I like Hannah Montana more than the Jonas Brothers, he tells me he too likes her more than the Jonas Brothers (even though I spotted him singing their songs on the Nintendo Wii once). Uuuuf. What should I do?

Let everyone claim whatever nationality they want to claim, If the turkish lady can speak the lingo, attends events and other Turks accept her as one then why on earth can't u not beleive she is actually a Turk.

Am a Sri Lankan and proud, am Sudanese too at times, and these days i am from Muratania.

Blessed   

Ng,

There's only one way to solve that problem; find a bridge and .... :D

LOOOOOOOOL@Turkish.

Ibts. even odayaal sheeganyaan arkay, Somali way Carab jeceshahay. :D

NGONGE   

Archdemos, dee maxaan kuu sameena? I don't have friends any more, but when I did, I used to start fist fights with them when they annoyed me. Karbaash ama ka hadh, adeer.

Ibti, the lion cub is only six and he hates all disney stuff (thank god). :D

Ibtisam   

^^Six miyanu daafin?? since I joined SOL wa laga sheekeny his football iyo ciidu guursan, I thought at least he must be 9 now!

Blessed, lol waali! :eek:

NGONGE   

^^ He's twenty five, in dog years. But still six in human years. He's tall for his age and has a roving eye (kalbka xun). :D

STOIC   

Its a lonely world out there as you grow older you will loose some friends...No more will you share the same hobbies......You will be dropping friends its a nature..move on....

PS I hope I'm not responding to a script...I feel like this site has become a joke!