Sign in to follow this  
Ismahaan

Can you answer a question that has been bugging me?

Ismahaan   

Hi nomads, I have a question that's been bugging me for a while. :confused:

Do we have patriotic citizens? :rolleyes:

I ask this question here because I think there is lack of patriotic people in our country. If not then why are we fighting and hurting each other constantly? Why can’t we Somali people band together and do something about the problems facing our homeland? We have betrayed our dignity and wasted our legacy.

The whole country has been stolen by reckless warlords and insane fundamentalists, whose best interest lies in undermining the stability of a national unity government.

As a matter of fact the reckless warlords or glorified gangsters are major factors that contributed to these issues affecting our nation today, but there are also silent Somali citizens who are responsible for the nation’s failure. These are the ones who support the insurgent groups (e.g. all-fundamentalists, all-war lords, all-president, all-pm, all-militia etc). The question is, whose interests and rights are these silent Somali citizens protecting and who will benefit from this endless wail? Can’t these people see what is happening? Don't they care about their county and nation’s dignity? Last but not least- what's the difference between war criminals and those supporting them? :mad:

nuune   

Your last question yaa ISMAHAAN, there is no difference between criminals and who supports them, all same to me anyway.

The silent Somalis, or the I don't care one's, they are lost I think.

Yes, we do have patriotic Somalis, I am one of them, and you are one of them too smile.gif

Maaddeey   

Waxay ila tahay Somali patriotics, waa joogane, waxay la'yihiin chance-kii, hadda waxay la mid yihiin Falcon-kii Chicken-ka is mooday ee mar dambe cirka fiiriyey ee soo xusuustay wuxuu beri ahaan jiray!, iska sug intey cirka ka fiirinayaan!

UZTAAD   

in my view there many somali patriots but we are lacking leadership. somalia needs visionary ,Charismatic & strong leader who can unite the people and the put the country first. it take a great leadership to get the country out of the civil war.

NASSIR   

Hatu, reer Gaarisa are extremely patriotic, judging from those I have seen.

Ismahan, three things might strengthen our patriotism; we need to have constant vigilance towards the ill-designs of Somalia's enemies, particularly Ethiopia, and Kenya. We need Justice and we need a unified leadership.

Haatu   

Nassir seriously, bal share garee what you've seen.

PS: Not to mention to highlight atrocities against Somalis in NFD.

Cabdow   

I think majority of us are patriotic! But the problem with us is that, most of the time we wait or depend on somebody else to sort out our problems. Call it a lack of self convidence if you may!

maybe we're more loyal to our bloodlines and tribes than we are to the State (whose borders are pretty arbitrary most of the time, especially in Africa's case..)

Kool_Kat   

We have a whole lot of patriotic citizens...Cyber patriotics that is! :rolleyes:

Dad badan baa buuxa 'alla wadankeygiyoo' 'eeboow wadankii' iyo wax la mid ah maantoo dhan gura, yet fail to do little or nothing (most likely nothing) to better the very country eey ubaroortaan day in and day out online! If that makes one patriotic, shoot, qalin iyo buug soo qaado, gacantana yeey ku daalin...

Horaa loo yiri 'af waakan maay laki aami?'...Soomaali dhan, or badankood, afkeey ka booteeyaan (well farahana ku dar, kuwa online ku baroorto :D ), laakiin at the end of the day sariirtoodey tartiib u hurdaan...Waa dhif iyo qaliil inaad aragto dad wadankooda u ordaya, hanoqoto iney hey'ado lashaqeeyaan, hanoqoto iney lacag udiraan dadka aan iyaga waxba u eheen oo xerooyinka ku baaba'san, hanoqoto ineey iyaga ineey noloshoodu horumar gaarsiiyaan si ey biri wadan kii wax ugu qabtaan, ama hanoqoto iney ku fal jiraan siduu wadankii isku badalilahaa, iyo waxii kaloo la mid ahba...

The above qoraal is based on dadkaan arkay oo patriotic isku sheega ah! Other than that, maan arag wax kale! Wadankeyga waanjeclahay uun looguma noqdo patriotic... :mad: