Sign in to follow this  
Ashkiro

Why Shariah?

Ashkiro   

Why Shariah?

One of the more interesting and informative articles on the subject matter. Do u agree/disagree and state your reasons? *Crosses her fingers for a serious debate* in particular the role woman would have in a Shariah state. (not a sexist ;) , just an interest area of subject for moi). Mac salams

NGONGE   

Agree with what? The article? The topic of the article? Both?

It is a well-written article (if you like that sort of thing).

I am delighting in the brilliant irony of you crossing your fingers and hoping for a serious debate about Shariah! :D

Personally, I do not feel any Muslim State is ready for the application of Shariah, not just yet.

N.O.R.F   

I wouldn't say their not ready for it as its already being applied in certain areas. Its more of a political reason for many.

N.O.R.F   

^^In some countries in some instances yes. In others no. Is it a question of interpretation? Or convenience?

ps my boss tells me the bars were closed last night but they're open again today :D

NGONGE   

Which brings us back to the idea that people are not ready for it yet. If it is about convenience, interpretation and the like then how in the world will your average Muslims know what is what?

ps

We already done this topic in the past. I'm not sure why we didn't carry on though.

Here

N.O.R.F   

^^Let us pick it up again.

But is the question of interpretation really that widespread? I'm no expert but I think the majority of laws are clear cut. It has more to do with governments not wishing to fully implement it and its doesn't take much to make the public fully aware.

I think many countries can fully apply Sheriah quite easily.

NGONGE   

Quite easily? You're quite the optimist, saaxib.

Yes they can probably apply the basic principles quite easily and I think most of them do already. It is when things get more complicated that they start applying their own interpretations and ideas.

In addition, you can't discount the different interpretations of the major schools of thought when it comes to criminal law and the like.

Still, these are not the problems why I believe people are not ready for it. The problems I have are with the application of such laws and the mixed up messages accompanying that.

Thierry.   

A very interesting and informative article we might not be ready for a full implementation but at grass root level it can be as it is already (family law). This Inshallah would then facilitate the incremental implementation in the correct manner.

Ashkiro   

@Agree with what? The article? The topic of the article? Both?It is a well-written article (if you like that sort of thing).

Sorry if I wasn’t very clear. I was asking, what are people’s thoughts on the article. Do you agree with the author’s reasonings and conclusions, or do you think he was rather simplistic? Would it be fair for me to assume you are not buying the author’s arguments? And thanks for the link about your earlier discussion, very interesting, please continue. I totally agree with your line of reasoning. Quite refreashing actually.

Al-Shamaali "^^In some countries in some instances yes. In others no."

Interesting, a question after your long weekend insha-Allah of course. The predominantly Muslim states of today, implement to some degree Islamic law, which country do u think is doing the “best job” of enforcing Shariah in the day-to-day lives of its citizens?