Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Gay party men may be given hormone treatment

NGONGE   

Sheh,

You’re almost as vulgar as Castro now (Castro will take this as a compliment I bet).

I know what you’re saying and agree with the wrongness of the categorisation (it’s obvious really). With gay men, there are many that act like any heterosexual men yet are gay (give and receive, as it were). However, there are also loads of gay men that are very girly in the way they behave (not womanly, girly). The Arab world is full of that kind of gay and therefore everyone assumes that in order to be gay you have to be ‘girly’. So, as you can see, it’s all about the action not the act.

The hormones will only make them manly in action but no less gay. Besides, who says gay men are not MEN? We’re not back on the manly men argument, are we Johnny?

I think the assumption is if these guys were more manly in their actions they would not be gay anymore. Very simplistic really.

PS

I’ve always assumed the term ‘gay (i.e. happy) was applied because of the girly gay men (hear that lovely giggle in your mind’s eye?).

PPS

Editorama day for me today it seems.

Pi   

I guess this should deter the "giver" too. I mean after they pump your loved with testosetrone, I don't think you'll be too enthused about bundling up with them.

Cara.   

“It wasn’t just a homosexual act. Now we’re dealing with a kind of marriage. There was a ritual involved.â€

Oh the horror...

Dhubad.   

Homosexuality in Arab countries is out-of-hand and I blame the Arab cultures by making the Marriage very expensive where the average men can not afford marriage because of the high dowry. Plus locking up the girls (which am not against if it is done the right way)

This is the highest factor that is causing the spread of this horrible disease....!

NGONGE   

^^ You're not against locking up the girls the right way? What, as opposed to chaining them to their bedposts you mean?

Your comments there sound likes those of the man in the article. He spoke about the recent economic boom and influx of westerners and hinted that this might be the reason for the proliferation of homosexuality (and in the same breath, he went on to mention that almost all those arrested were nationals of his own country with no Westerner in sight).

The issue of homosexuality is a great taboo to us Muslims and those that discuss it (in the case of the article above, psychologists and prominent lawyers) either deliberately chose to be obtuse or ignorantly bury their heads in the sand. They talk about it being an issue of faith yet do not have the sincerity to even view things as they stand and would rather use spin and propaganda to make it all go away. It really is not a big deal, as the lady in the article said, until it’s your son that’s involved in it.

Still, why is it an issue of faith and what does it all mean? Why does someone who has homosexual urges and lives in those lands (Muslim lands) need to suppress those urges and stick to the rules?

Is homosexuality natural or unnatural? Does it matter?

I was about to rant on about it just now but I think I’ll save myself the bother and use a quote from a reply I gave elsewhere to a similar topic.

The whole point of faith is that those who follow it need to submit to a collection of rules and commandments. If I confess to being a Catholic then I have no choice but to accept the authority of the Pope. If I am a Jew, I’ll have to follow the rules laid down in the Torah and if I am a Muslim, I’ll have to follow the Koran and Sunna (as much as possible of course).

Note that I use the word ‘follow’ cautiously here (one might not strictly follow, in which case one would be a sinner but still a follower - if that makes any sense).

God (for those that believe) has spoken about Heaven and Hell. God also informed us all (those that believe again) that he is the Almighty. God PUNISHES the sinners and rewards the good.

God gives life and takes life away. God is (if you’re a believer) our creator. We (if you’re a believer) are merely the SLAVES of God.

People always talk about the softer side of GOD. They talk about how the almighty forgives those that repent. They talk about how he hears the prayers of those that sincerely pray to him. They talk about a benevolent and merciful God (which is something no believer should dispute). However, God is also MIGHTY and STRONG. God forgives the repentant and promises to severely punish the sinners. God’s anger and wrath destroys entire nations within seconds. In short, for those that believe in GOD, he is the owner, the big boss, and the one in charge! Not many people question simple earthly authority (like the latest rules your employers introduce, etc), how then could they (those that believe) question or attempt to trick divine authority?

God commands us (those that believe) to follow some basic rules. Some of those rules might sound absurd. Like not engaging in fornication for example; surely if we were all careful and made sure the women did not get pregnant, everything will be ok and we can have sex until our bits drop off. Or like drinking alcohol (or drugs); surely if we did it in moderation things will be ok and we will not get near prayer while we’re drunk, etc....

There are a dozen other examples that one could (if one is the pedantic type) question. However, all those are really beside the point. The real point being that such and such a faith has such and such rules and if you confess to be a believer of such and such a faith, then you will have to forsake some of your ‘indulgences’ and follow those rules.

Those that wish to argue about homosexuality being unnatural from some philosophical or scientific angles are also missing the point and need to rethink their own belief and faith.

It’s not about nature, Bees, Dogs or Homosexuals. It’s all about the wrath of GOD and if you think (nay believe) that such a GOD exists. If you do, then you would drop everything and follow the commandments. If you don’t, then you would carry on as you are without the burden of guilt and doubt. I personally don’t think the middle ground here is advisable. There is no point in living a life of self hate and worry or living life as a hypocrite that believes in GOD but refuses to accept some of his commandments.

Not that I think any of it will get through. But despite my cynical tendencies I also, in spite of the daily disappointments, believe that some of this stuff sinks in with repetition.

Gabbal   

I once read somewhere that every 1 out 4 males is gay, and every 1 out of 3 females. Following that "scientific" statistic one would be forced to believe that there are alot of gay people in this world. :eek:

SeeKer   

Just expounding on his theory sxb.......... icon_razz.gif . My theory is that at some point in someone's life they deal with sexuality issues. Some people bury it because it is taboo while others face it and find a way to move past it and others actually embrace it. Maybe thats a basis behind that study who knows :D

~~ Just a thought ~~

SeeKer   

Monday's boy is fair of Face,

Tuesday's boy is full of grace,

Wednesday's boy is full of woe,

Thursday's boy has far to go,

Friday's boy is loving and giving,

Saturday's boy works hard for a living,

The boy that is born on the Sabbath day is

bony, blythe, good and Gay

10-4 Castro :D