Sign in to follow this  
TopGirl

when are you planning to go back to somalia?

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by *BOB:

quote:Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

Ala ma Qardhaad aaday?
:(
That's the one place in Somalia, if ever I get the chance, I would love visit...Waa Aabahey dhulkiisa...
:D

^^^Eeeeewwww Your father is from Qardho yaah? That's a dead giveaway especially when you have a guy like me who knows Reer Bari Bowdiyo Gaab Bravo Barkee Semberi Saluto inside out!
:D

Baayo anigu sheegi mahayo qoladaad tahay kow dheh laakiin aa garanahayaa
smile.gif
LOOOOOL@Reer Bari Bowdiyo Gaab...Ayeeydeey hooyo dhashay aad isoo xasuusisay...Ala mexey magacyo noogu wici jirtay...My fav was 'Dawaco Badatay', hada kuuma sii faahfaahinaayo... :D Caku iyo reer Kismaayood! Idinkoo kooyto ah, oo dhul eydaan leheen sandule isugu dhajinaayo, baad hadana dadka dhulkooda wax kasheegeysaan...Idha af Qardho, qalbiga ha'iga jabin...Dead giveawayna ma'aha, ee proudly baan u sheegtaa bowe...Awooweheey magaciisa hadaa sheegato, fadhigaa lagaaga kacaa... icon_razz.gif;)

-Lily-   

Maybe when I'm old I'll retire on a beach front villa in Mogadishu/on one of the Islands off the Somali coast.

N.O.R.F   

As soon as things settle down and development start IA I'm there! :cool:

Those not planning to, fulayiin!

Originally posted by Valenteenah:

Who knows these things? Allahu Yaclam.

take it from her, she's been to places. smile.gif

Good luck to those planning to return. smile.gif

Ismahaan   

Whenever the somali people get their heads out of the water,then I'll be back Insha Allah.

Until this day arrives with all that joy,I will close my eyes and follow blindly.

Blessed   

LOL. Ibts. What's with Qarxis?

Isoo mar on your way there. I know of a few good hiding places in B.town.

Emperor   

Originally posted by BOB:

I was shown a photo of my old primary school and I could not recognize it.

Waa kee weeye kaas?

The question is not about going back to Somalia and living there forever, it is about the purpose of going there, what are you going to do and will you have anything to do, contribute to society or make ends meet. If you do, then make a move without a hesitation, otherwise wait and until the dust settles and you figure something out...

BOB   

Originally posted by Ibtisam:

Bob; south Africa iyo Angola waad baarety, do you think it will be any harder to learn other regions in Somalia? You are in danger of becoming dadka sheegta far away lands just because they've spent most of their life there.
icon_razz.gif

Ibtisam,

You are right S.A waan bartay but don’t forget its not as living in Somalia where everybody would like to know your tribe and if you happen to belong to a different one then people might discriminate against you.

My landlady in my first 4 years of living in S.A was a sweet Zulu lady who used to get upset with me if I did not come in and say Hi and chat with her for few minutes and I don’t remember her once asking me where I came from never mind my tribe, as far as she was concerned I was South African…do you honestly think the same thing would happen if I were to go to a city in Somalia where qabiilkaan ka dhashay aysan deign?

I am still getting used to living in Angola, from language to culture, here they Fala Portuguese and there are far less Muslims here than anywhere I have ever been but I Love It here and I can picture myself living here with a villa near the sea with my little old lady and grandkids Insha Allah. :D

Wareegto Luga Cad...luuqadaan aa ku hadleeso oo meel ee usocoto ama ka socoto aan la aqoon wax fahmaayo malaga helaayo Qardho iyo meel udhow marka ama afka badalo ama Dhorondho iska joog... smile.gif

Abu Salman…I hear you bro loud and clear. smile.gif

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

Emperor,

it was called Bilal...weligaa ma maqashay?

Peace, Love & Unity.

Emperor   

^Lool, perhaps I was 'Waardiyaha' when you were student there, armaan Sawiradi caruurta qaarkood kusoo diraa, bal inaad iska dhax aragtid...