Sign in to follow this  
TopGirl

when are you planning to go back to somalia?

Kool_Kat   

^Ina hooyo, ma carabkaa la'dahay mise kas bey kaa tahay? Murdisho yaa dhalay? Ala ma Qardhaad aaday? :( That's the one place in Somalia, if ever I get the chance, I would love visit...Waa Aabahey dhulkiisa... :D

Alla Kool Kaat, barasho wacan walaashiis. Maya carabka ma la'i Habaarka iga yareey macaanto. Mrudisho baa loo badalay inta ay sida isu dhaamayaan.

I dont know if I ever will go back to Somalia. chances are that I may go back for visit.

adigoon cirka u bixin

ama boodin leexada

ama badaha waaweyn

nafta aan ku biimayn

Paris adoon tagin

ama boon ka sheekayn

barashada dalkaagaa

horta laga bogtaayoo

Baryo laysku hawlaa

Buuxo   

Yes ,Im going back in a year inshallah for an extended visit(armed with loads of insect repellants).

And I plan to live their for good and I can already picture myself ,sitting on dirin and my "war ishaa ha'iga tuurin" radio close by.

Originally posted by *BOB:

For some reason I am slowly but surely beginning to fully accept that I may never see Somalia again...when I say Somalia I mean my birth place and NO its not Mogadishu...everybod y but me seems to be born there.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

Wasalam BOB, What's happening in dhulkii? Kismaayo goorma kugu dambeysay? Meesha nimco aan la arkin oo la maqli baa ka dhacdey ,ma runbaa?

Interesting, I'm amazed at how casually few say they do not plan to go back there, their own country!

Truth must be told, unless one is living in an islamic country, one has no choise but to emigrate (even then, one may lead a more productive life at home, depending on his circumstances).

Why limit oneself to Xamar or any other place of birth when most areas such as both Puntland and Somaliland are safe and most of us have links or relatives elsewhere?

Personally, I'm monitoring some familial business there and may thus soon move back home in Somalia, albeit relatives are now dispersed for wordly pursuits.

Not that my beloved Djibouti is not as Somali, but for those practical reasons as well as high living costs and a too liberal/secular atmosphere, I do largely prefer other Somali towns (Xamar is still my first choice though I may have to wait again)...

Malika   

Shame on you people.. icon_razz.gif ,I was not born in my fore father's lands but I activily contribute to its building..aka I pay regular funds toward a number of schools.

As for going back, Inshaallah! A dream of running a rehabilitation centre for young people is still in my mind..So Yeah,why not! I dont see myself growing old in the west anyway so if am to be of use[skills],why not where it would probably be needed more then where I was born and bred.

Now someone tell me where one can obtain a nice piece of land by the sea,meel kale madegeyo if I dont have a piece of that coastal line..Lol

Ibtisam   

I am going back inshallah. I think part of me has already gone back, it has been waiting in Burco for my body to catch up. So I am on my way out. Just trying to figure out how I can live there without the whole billion relatives dropping in daily.

For those of you waiting on Xamar and making excuses for not going back, I suggest you get your phonebook out and start looking for your relative from Puntiland and Somaliand- if you don't have any, then you better start giving your brothers and sisters out to cement some links in those regions. You cannot be sitting in caadan land your whole life, particularly those planning on having kids here(wait till they tell you to F off)

Blessed   

It's easier said than done but lately I've had this great desire to go back on a long term basis. I'm hoping my parents move there soon, they've been talking about it for so long. Then UK won't be 'back home' (for me) any more and I can go there for 3 months every year.

BOB   

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

Ala ma Qardhaad aaday?
:(
That's the one place in Somalia, if ever I get the chance, I would love visit...Waa Aabahey dhulkiisa...
:D

^^^Eeeeewwww Your father is from Qardho yaah? That's a dead giveaway especially when you have a guy like me who knows Reer Bari Bowdiyo Gaab Bravo Barkee Semberi Saluto inside out! :D

Baayo anigu sheegi mahayo qoladaad tahay kow dheh laakiin aa garanahayaa smile.gif .

Wasalam BOB, What's happening in dhulkii? Kismaayo goorma kugu dambeysay? Meesha nimco aan la arkin oo la maqli baa ka dhacdey ,ma runbaa?

Buuxo Salam dear sister...I left Kismayo in 91 just few months into the civil war and I haven't been back since...just last week I was shown a photo of my old primary school and I could not recognize it...that really saddened me.

They tell me that its very safe and said there are times when days go by without you even hearing a single gun shot and the living cost is not as expensive as say in Mogadishu which made me wonder why the people in Mogadishu not move to Kismayo but then again that is easier said than done isn't it?

The most beautiful story I've heard from Kismayo is the return of the natives including the Bajunis, I was born amongst them and I can never imagine Kismayo without them...I am getting carried away here so better stop before KK looses her temper. :D

Abu Salman...I don't think there are that many who love Somalia as much as I do if any but I will be lying if I say I know everything about it because I have only been to the South...the furthest I went is Baydhabo just before the civil war and I don't remember anything about it but if things changed I would catch the first flight out of here Insha Allah.

The reason I would not move to the other regions of the country is simple, Kismayo is not only my home town but the ONLY place I have always known…aniga ma ihi dadka sheegta meel aysan weligood arkin just because qabiilkooda ayaa degan, I am offered to buy a house in many different regions of Somalia including Boosaaso and Berbera (I can't live without seeing and hearing the sound of the ocean) and I turned down simply because I know nothing of these cities plus guri gadasho iguma jirto oo maba u baahni hada.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

The reason I would not move to the other regions of the country is simple, Kismayo is not only my home town but the ONLY place I have always known…aniga ma ihi dadka sheegta meel aysan weligood arkin just because qabiilkooda ayaa degan

What matters most is the islamic environment and learning of the place in question; then, relatives.Lands or countries are abstract and realtive concepts...

Ibtisam   

Bob; south Africa iyo Angola waad baarety, do you think it will be any harder to learn other regions in Somalia? You are in danger of becoming dadka sheegta far away lands just because they've spent most of their life there. icon_razz.gif

Blessed @ LOL @ waiting on Hooyo and Abo. Chicken, first at least visit, before you start debating about moving.

MZanzi   

I have no desire to move back and live there. I live happily and comfortably here in beautiful Sahara Desert , somalia flimkeeda eey aa cunay